If Swimming has Michael Phelps, Running has Usain Bolt; who does Cycling have?

rs_480x360-151118115946-Meg_Ryan_City_of_Angels.gif

So I just started training for a Triathlon, and thought about this question since it is the combination of these 3 sports.

Swimming - Michael Phelps
Running - Usain Bolt
Cycling - ?

Cheat'n motherfuckers.

Not Lance Armstrong?
No. Nothing to do with drugs either. Eddie Merckx is much more accomplished. I think most everyone would consider Fausto Coppi and Bernard Hinault wayyy above Armstrong as well.

Even without considering PED's. Lance isn't the greatest cyclist ever. Eddy Merckx is.

Lance has the most tour de france titles. /thread /debate
Okay. There's a lot more to cycling than the Tour De France. Lance was basically great at Wimbledon and sucked at everything else. He didn't even compete in the other Grand Tours. Lance probably isn't even top 10 ever.

Lance isn't even the greatest American cyclist ever.

@Der Eisbär
It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Calling Lance the greatest cyclist ever is like calling Shogun the greatest MMA fighter ever. Sure, he was great, but he's not even in the discussion for GOAT.

Okay. There's a lot more to cycling than the Tour De France. Lance was basically great at Wimbledon and sucked at everything else. He didn't even compete in the other Grand Tours. Lance probably isn't even top 10 ever.
I don't care enough about cycling to have this argument. Carry on.

I don't care enough about cycling to have this argument. Carry on.
And this is why you suck as a poster. You make declarations with absolutely no knowledge. I thought you embarrassed yourself enough in the Bitcoin thread.

And this is why you suck as a poster. You make declarations with absolutely no knowledge. I thought you embarrassed yourself enough in the Bitcoin thread.
Sigh...
You're an absolute moron. Carry on with your argument about who's the best ever at exercising. I appreciate the rent-free condo I reside in in your head.

I can't imagine putting effort into winning an argument about bicycling.

Phelps and Bolt?

Unless your triathlon is 300m long you could probably get better picks that that.

Merckx has more success in the classics than lance did, he also participated in more grand tours.

Back