If prime Gus had fought in the early-mid 2000s, he would've been the best LHW by a country mile

Gus (especially if he was allowed to juice like most others of that era) would've steamrolled Wand, Rampage, Shogun, Chuck, Randy, Igor, Randleman etc

Just a shame he was born in the wrong era, he still won both fights against Jones and Cormier imo. But if he fought those legends of another era, he would've KO'd them all.

Oops ....

Rumble and Phil Davis found your time machine.....

Rumble KO’d Gus and Mr. Wonderful submitted him with one hand....

Chuck was watching and beer shot out his nose.

If jones us the same teleporter than Gus, he will still have beat him 17 years ago

Gus in a ring would probably get closed down quicker than he does in a cage

The large space of the cage is essential for his stick and move style to work

How is your knee today?
good enough to bike, judo, train in general. just long distance running makes the back of my knee swell up like crazy. i'm lucky all in all and of course i was just kidding about whooping actual cage fighters' butts!

good enough to bike, judo, train in general. just long distance running makes the back of my knee swell up like crazy. i'm lucky all in all and of course i was just kidding about whooping actual cage fighters' butts!
Awesome. But hey, take it easy there pal, that´s a lot of training right there.

The same could be said of just about any fighter in the top 10 of any division.

#evolution

It's akin to a New York minute, only the opposite. If you're seriously asking, a mile seems longer in the country, like a minute in New York feels shorter.

Could have googled, preferred asking and waiting for answer. Thanks.

I gathered by context that it meant a lot. Not sure if agree that a mile seems longer in the country....

Yet ANOTHER pity party thread in Gus' honor!

Boo hoo, your guy wasn't as good as the others!!

Wand
Shogun
Arona
Hendo
Lil Nog
Rampage
Randleman
Nakamura
Yoshida
Sakuraba
Sperry

and many more own Gus and make him cry like Rumble did.

Yeah, and if Jordan didn't exist, the Knicks would have won the championship. Not really too relevant.

If Jon Jones never happened the LHW would still be interesting and we'd have legit champs and contenders.

Roman_Legion_Carpe_Diem_6212.jpg

If only..
/thread imo

Wand
Shogun
Arona
Hendo
Lil Nog
Rampage
Randleman
Nakamura
Yoshida
Sakuraba
Sperry

and many more own Gus and make him cry like Rumble did.
Your list was looking good until the last four. Saku mayyyyybe...
Come on... Nakamura? Yoshida? Sperry? You're just adding names to make the list longer than it needs to be.

Gus (especially if he was allowed to juice like most others of that era) would've steamrolled Wand, Rampage, Shogun, Chuck, Randy, Igor, Randleman etc

Just a shame he was born in the wrong era, he still won both fights against Jones and Cormier imo. But if he fought those legends of another era, he would've KO'd them all.
He didnt even dominate worn out Shogun , and even got dropped/wobbled...Prime Shogun would give him fits.

Back