If prime Gus had fought in the early-mid 2000s, he would've been the best LHW by a country mile

Jay Zee

Hygienic animal
Banned
Reaction score
Gus (especially if he was allowed to juice like most others of that era) would've steamrolled Wand, Rampage, Shogun, Chuck, Randy, Igor, Randleman etc

Just a shame he was born in the wrong era, he still won both fights against Jones and Cormier imo. But if he fought those legends of another era, he would've KO'd them all.

He would've been a HW in that time, like everyone else his size was during that time.

He would've been a HW in that time, like everyone else his size was during that time.
He would've wrecked most of the PRIDE/UFC Heavyweights too, don't get it twisted.

Gus (especially if he was allowed to juice like most others of that era) would've steamrolled Wand, Rampage, Shogun, Chuck, Randy, Igor, Randleman etc

Just a shame he was born in the wrong era, he still won both fights against Jones and Cormier imo. But if he fought those legends of another era, he would've KO'd them all.

Phil tooled him. Imagine what prime Rampage or Shogun would have done to his face.

If DC had entered MMA at age 23 instead of age 30 he could have been a long-reining multi division champion.

I doubt Gus beat a Prime Shogun :) Would be a great fight though

Phil tooled him. Imagine what prime Rampage or Shogun would have done to his face.

I think what TS is going for is some imaginary version of Gus being at his best, fighting in a different era.

Roman_Legion_Carpe_Diem_6212.jpg

If only..

Gus wouldn't have been the same fighter in a different era. The training available wasn't as high quality and weight cutting was no where near as "effecient". Gus would have been fighting at HW in the early-mid 2000s.

Derp...put prime Peyton Manning in the 1970s NFL...derp...

He fought in the wrong era, he beats jones 10 times out of 10 post USADA. But it does not matter. Jones got caught, DC is old, Rumble retired, the turkish guy will soon be a prisoner, the other turkish guy cannot get past wrestlers. Gus will become the champ

Rampage had a similar style to Rumble back in the day and his KO power was still legit. He could have beat Gus. Shogun was also was explosive as heck back in the day. He had great MT that would cause Gus problems, he was also much faster. Mini Reem would have been an interesting match up. Mini Reem would have better overall technique with good subs but a bad chin.

If house music existed in the 1960's there never would have been a world war.

If DC had entered MMA at age 23 instead of age 30 he could have been a long-reining multi division champion.

He could have been champion at both LHW and HW if it wasn't for injured Cain, yes.

Prime Gus looked average against washed up Shogun. Imagine he fought Prime Shogun.

if I hadn't had 4 knee surgeries between my 18-23 I would have smashed all of those fools

I like gus but "fans" like you kind of make him les appreciable, well done troll.

You act like striking is a new sport. Nope. Elite level strikers have existed for decades now and Gus would have his hands full. Gus couldn’t hang with Mark Hunt and Cro Cop. Fact.

Back