*If Lebron wins this year championship against the Warriors + Durant...*

This is why it's so difficult to take Jordan/LeBron arguments seriously. I've never seen such closed-mindedness with a player's fan base as much as I've seen with Michael Jordan. Like it or not, LeBron is every bit as good as Jordan ever was. Stop counting rings, stop measuring stat sheets. WATCH. As far as measuring talent, no stat sheet can ever measure up to what we see with our own eyes. And I'm absolutely willing to bet that at least half of the psychotic Jordan apologists have seen more games from Jordan in Space Jam than actual NBA games. Get the fuck out.
The subjective areas are where Lebron is the weakest IMO. Leadership ability, mental toughness, being at his best when the game is on the line, etc.

The subjective areas are where Lebron is the weakest IMO. Leadership ability, mental toughness, being at his best when the game is on the line, etc.

Exactly. Jordan never flopped when the lights came on and his team needed him most. LeBron has flopped in these situations, many examples of it. He also lost while playing on a fucking super team his 1st year in Miami lol

To me, it's closed minded on the ends of those that want to put LBJ with or above Jordan. They aren't truly being objective about it or are just very poor evaluators.

I like LeBron (hated Kobe), it's funny that people can't just accept what we've actually seen with them and enjoy them in the moment. Even when Kobe was the man and I couldn't stand him or the Lakers I knew I was watching a great player.

Last edited:
This is why it's so difficult to take Jordan/LeBron arguments seriously. I've never seen such closed-mindedness with a player's fan base as much as I've seen with Michael Jordan. Like it or not, LeBron is every bit as good as Jordan ever was. Stop counting rings, stop measuring stat sheets. WATCH. As far as measuring talent, no stat sheet can ever measure up to what we see with our own eyes. And I'm absolutely willing to bet that at least half of the psychotic Jordan apologists have seen more games from Jordan in Space Jam than actual NBA games. Get the fuck out.
I love how Lebron fans use rings when it suits them. I said talent wise there is nothing between him and Durant and whats the first thing Lebron fans bring up.....Durant has no rings and how many Lebron has. If we look at just talent he is not more talented than MJ or even Durant. there I said it

You sound young.

The stat sheet and rings are actually the only places where it can be argued that Lebron is anywhere near Jordan. All-time leading playoff scorer, most finals in a row, different teams in finals, stuff like that.

If you actually watched them play, it's not close. Lebron is great but MJ was just insane. He truly couldn't be stopped. Didn't have the bullrush of Lebron but was much more elastic and skilled when driving. Much better shooter as well. Not even going to bring up clutch-ness either.

And I'm a pretty big Jordan hater too. I rooted against him in every single one of his finals appearances (Rockets would have whooped his ass AT LEAST one of those years though). I thought surely someone would come along and be better but the decades go by and there are still no challengers.

I've had him ahead of Jordan for a few years, already. Stop counting rings and watch the games. What this dude does on the court night after night is absolutely magical. A true, unbiased basketball fan will always appreciate the player that LeBron is. We have never seen anyone like him, and may never see it again. Stop wasting so much time hating on the guy and measuring him to Jordan and just enjoy the hell he unleashes on the court every night. He's not getting younger.

Finally, somebody who gets it.

It's funny how we can't appreciate both Lebron and Jordan on these boards. If you so even happen to mention a few positives about that the guy over in Cleveland, then you must be a 'Ohioan' and a nut-hugger.

Lol @ some of you pathetic kids. Most of you probably never even watched a single live Jordan game.

Exactly. Jordan never flopped when the lights came on and his team needed him most. LeBron has flopped in these situations, many examples of it. He also lost while playing on a fucking super team his 1st year in Miami lol

To me, it's closed minded on the ends of those that want to put LBJ with or above Jordan. They aren't truly being objective about it or are just very poor evaluators.

I like LeBron (hated Kobe), it's funny that people can't just accept what we've actually seen with them and enjoy them in the moment. Even when Kobe was the man and I couldn't stand him or the Lakers I knew I was watching a great player.

As if Jordan never flopped.... He flopped his first 3 rounds in the playoffs(including 2 sweeps). I remember some terrible games against seattle and miami in particular

Hitting the other part of your argument, did Jordan's team need him that much? 2 game difference in the regular season, no playoff difference the 1st time he came back. He barely pushed them over the top. LeBron has been the difference between making the finals and making the lottery.

The stat sheet and rings are actually the only places where it can be argued that Lebron is anywhere near Jordan. All-time leading playoff scorer, most finals in a row, different teams in finals, stuff like that.

If you actually watched them play, it's not close. Lebron is great but MJ was just insane. He truly couldn't be stopped. Didn't have the bullrush of Lebron but was much more elastic and skilled when driving. Much better shooter as well. Not even going to bring up clutch-ness either.

And I'm a pretty big Jordan hater too. I rooted against him in every single one of his finals appearances (Rockets would have whooped his ass AT LEAST one of those years though). I thought surely someone would come along and be better but the decades go by and there are still no challengers.

6 rings is the only argument Jordan has over LeBron at this point(unfortunately, even he loses that argument to Russell). It is incredibly obvious that LeBron is the more complete player. Jordan scored only slightly more per game by taking more shots, but LeBron scores more per shot (AKA LeBron is better at scoring also). When LeBron takes his 4-5 less shots per game and turns them into more assists, his overall value increases(like if you look at points in NHL terms). And all of that requires not adjusting for Jordan playing in a worse era.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/lebron-james-alleges-racist-graffiti-still-zero-evidence/

Well, LeBron Blames is the King...of playing the victim and throwing a pity party, so I really wouldn't put it past him to do something this cowardly and unconscionable.

His hairlessness is the king.... of playing the victim, flopping to get ridiculous foul calls, and quitting the sport due to mental weakness.

the original 3-ball revolution with the line moved in to 20 feet.
Lol you keep repeating that like it:
a) means something
b) is correct
It was never 20 ft unless by 20 ft you mean between 22 ft and 23 ft.

Btw the 1995-6 and 96-7 Bulls team wipes the floor with the 2014-15 and 2015-16 Warriors team and beats this team. The 97-98 version was starting to noticeably slow so maybe more interesting a match up. Basically it's 3 of the best 5 defensive players ever on the same team

Last edited:
Lol you keep repeating that like it:
a) means something
b) is correct
It was never 20 ft unless by 20 ft you mean between 22 ft and 23 ft.

Btw the 1995-6 and 96-7 Bulls team wipes the floor with the 2014-15 and 2015-16 Warriors team and beats this team. The 97-98 version was starting to noticeably slow so maybe more interesting a match up. Basically it's 3 of the best 5 defensive players ever on the o

Whatever, they moved the line in(and you had to go look it up), and that was the one year that Jordan was even close to being relevant from 3. Let's be honest, any 2 that is irrelevant from 3 today is irrelevant. Any Finals team in the last 10 years mops the floor with the 96 Bulls.[ it took till 2007 for the best team in the playoffs to be as offensively efficient as the worst team in 2017]

Whatever, they moved the line in(and you had to go look it up), and that was the one year that Jordan was even close to being relevant from 3. Let's be honest, any 2 that is irrelevant from 3 today is irrelevant. Any Finals team in the last 10 years mops the floor with the 96 Bulls.[ it took till 2007 for the best team in the playoffs to be as offensively efficient as the worst team in 2017]
No I didn't have to look it up, clown. I did check to confirm though.

The rest is just gibberish because you really aren't making a compelling evidence-based argument at all.

No I didn't have to look it up, clown. I did check to confirm though.

The rest is just gibberish because you really aren't making a compelling evidence-based argument at all.
No, the league is significantly better than it was 20 years ago. If you want to argue against progression in skill, you can still say that Russell is the GOAT.

The difference between MJ and Lebron is simple:

MJ got humbled year after year by the Pistons until he swept them in the playoffs and won three titles in a row.

Lebron was losing to the likes of Hedo Turkoglu, Fright Coward and Skip to my Lou, skipped town, went to Miami, then 4 years later after they got destroyed by the Spurs, he realized Wade and Bosh are done, skipped town again to come ''home'' because they had Kyrie and the Love trade was done behind the scenes.

His game also displays similar characteristics...he has vanished one too many time to count.

Jordan played the best team the West had to offer 6 times, beat them all six times, didn't need game 7 once. He had bad games, he lost games but if he needed to score 55 points, he would score 55 points, unselfishness be damned. He was in the winning titles business not in the stat whoring business.

Lebron has played the best team in the West 8 times, he's lost 5 (they are not coming back) and won two of the other three due tremendous luck.

He played a disastrous last minute against the Spurs in game 6/2014, lost the ball twice, bricked two 3's...needed the Spurs to miss 2 free throws and the Cavs to have 2 offensive rb's+Ray Allen's three to even tie the game.

Not to mention Green's suspension last year. A full GS squad was not losing game 5 at home without the pressure of Game 7.

He's an athletic freak that can muscle his way in, that has a great touch and great court vision but he's not a born killer that refuses to lose like Michael.

As a Sonics fan in the 90's i always hated Jordan, and always rooted for any team they played whether the Knicks or the Pacers or Jazz. Mostly because i knew that he's not going to lose no matter what. His 'i refuse to lose' confidence irritated me to no end.

I hate Lebron as well but not because he's dominant but because he's a bully that cries wolf every time something goes against him. He's that guy that slaps you in the middle of an argument then calls the police and pretends to be permanently damaged when you punch him back.

No, the league is significantly better than it was 20 years ago. If you want to argue against progression in skill, you can still say that Russell is the GOAT.
Shit-tier reasoning there. Go back NBA 2K and leave the proper analysis to the experts.

I love how Lebron fans use rings when it suits them. I said talent wise there is nothing between him and Durant and whats the first thing Lebron fans bring up.....Durant has no rings and how many Lebron has. If we look at just talent he is not more talented than MJ or even Durant. there I said it

I'm not a LeBron fan. I'm a sports fan.

Shit-tier reasoning there. Go back NBA 2K and leave the proper analysis to the experts.

You got shit-tier reasoning lol. Anybody who suggests the Bulls would 'wipe the floors' and beat this current Warriors team should not even be allowed to post.

You guys don't understand progression, and will use every fiber in your being to hate on Lebron. It's actually hilarious.

The only thing, and I mean the only thing, the past eras had on this era was better 'true' centers and less acting (flopping, selling calls, etc). The former has been replaced to suit the current trends of the game, and the latter is the league's fault, not the players.

You got shit-tier reasoning lol. Anybody who suggests the Bulls would 'wipe the floors' and beat this current Warriors team should not even be allowed to post.

You guys don't understand progression, and will use every fiber in your being to hate on Lebron. It's actually hilarious.

The only thing, and I mean the only thing, the past eras had on this era was better 'true' centers and less acting (flopping, selling calls, etc). The former has been replaced to suit the current trends of the game, and the latter is the league's fault, not the players.

I think the Bulls would beat this team. Not wipe the floor with them. KD provides too many problems for that.

And if you paid attention you'd notice that I said previously that LeBron would be at least on equal terms with MJ if the Cavs got over the top of this Warios team. I'd call LeBron a top 4 player of all time comfortably.

As for the Bulls team of the 90's - they meet both the eye test, stat test and knowledge test when determining their all time great status. No matter who they faced from the West those 6 finals, they handled them comfortably. They had 3 defenders that had God-like physical ability combined with instincts and IQ.

They would be well equipped to handle any of these Warios teams but, like I said, they'd be challenged by this one in particular because of the KD factor.

6 rings is the only argument Jordan has over LeBron at this point(unfortunately, even he loses that argument to Russell). It is incredibly obvious that LeBron is the more complete player. Jordan scored only slightly more per game by taking more shots, but LeBron scores more per shot (AKA LeBron is better at scoring also). When LeBron takes his 4-5 less shots per game and turns them into more assists, his overall value increases(like if you look at points in NHL terms). And all of that requires not adjusting for Jordan playing in a worse era.

So first you say "don't bring up the stat sheet!" and then you immediately bring up stats.

Lebron is a better passer and that's it. That's the ONLY thing he has over Jordan. Jordan was a better defender and even blocked more shots despite being a guard and 2-3 inches shorter. Scoring, he was better or equal to in all facets.

Again, the clutchness factor is also huge. That one stat that circulated around a few weeks ago about Jordan never having a playoff game with less than 15 points is all you need to know.

As if Jordan never flopped.... He flopped his first 3 rounds in the playoffs(including 2 sweeps). I remember some terrible games against seattle and miami in particular

Hitting the other part of your argument, did Jordan's team need him that much? 2 game difference in the regular season, no playoff difference the 1st time he came back. He barely pushed them over the top. LeBron has been the difference between making the finals and making the lottery.

His hairlessness is the king.... of playing the victim, flopping to get ridiculous foul calls, and quitting the sport due to mental weakness.

{<jimmies}

You're gonna need a bigger boat lmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back