*If Lebron wins this year championship against the Warriors + Durant...*

You were countering the claim that he only produced with great supporting casts. If you count making it to the 2nd round as producing, then great you have low standards. And even then, it's obviously not the level of production Trotsky was referring to since this is a comparison to Jordan. The standard for production here is championship or bust, not losing in the 2nd round of the yoffs
Totally dismissing regular season performance makes you sound dumb.

Totally dismissing regular season performance makes you sound dumb.

Derp. "Hey guys I know this is a conversation about GOAT but might I point out a 61 win season that resulted in a 2nd round yoff besmirching..."

Again, if you're impressed with that then good for you. But this wasn't the meaning of production within the context of the post you were responding to

Derp. "Hey guys I know this is a conversation about GOAT but might I point out a 61 win season that resulted in a 2nd round yoff besmirching..."

Again, if you're impressed with that then good for you. But this wasn't the meaning of production within the context of the post you were responding to
And having the best record in the NBA with a bunch of scrubs is evidence of his greatness. But according to you that's inadmissible because they didn't win the title?
{<huh}

And having the best record in the NBA with a bunch of scrubs is evidence of his greatness. But according to you that's inadmissible because they didn't win the title?
{<huh}
Okay let's pretend Trotsky said

"LeBron has only won championships with great supporting casts"

Would you disagree?

Because that's clearly what he was claiming if you read his entire argument

(2) He has only marginally produced with great supporting casts. Despite having two top ten players (Bosh, Wade) and several great role players (Ray Allen, Miller, Rashard Lewis, Chalmer, Battier, Bibby, Haslem), he would have only won one championship if it weren't for a GOAT boner by the Spurs.

{<huh}

Regular season production in the LEast is meaningless.

Shitlanta had 60 wins a few seasons ago and wouldn't have made it out of rd1 in the West (Best).

Any analyst worth their salt (me, etc) shouldn't/doesn't give a shit about wins in the LEast.

Regular season production in the LEast is meaningless.

Shitlanta had 60 wins a few seasons ago and wouldn't have made it out of rd1 in the West (Best).

Any analyst worth their salt (me, etc) shouldn't/doesn't give a shit about wins in the LEast.
Any analyst worth their salt knows that a regular season record doesn't equal "record against Eastern conference".

Why do people act like Lebron isn't on a super-team. He has only won with multiple all-stars. The Cavs are actually the deeper team compared to the Warriors.

Why do people act like Lebron isn't on a super-team. He has only won with multiple all-stars. The Cavs are actually the deeper team compared to the Warriors.
<puh-lease75>

I did just notice this. This is laughably terrible analysis.

The "regular season warriors" aren't the Warriors, and were never the Spurs, either. It's not even a question who that team is in this league.
los-angeles-clippers_416x416.jpg

Haha, I agree with that. I always root for the Clippers because I'm a shameless Chris Paul fanboy.

But, even though the Spurs certainly were never regular season frontrunners, I think it's undeniable that the Warriors have been/are. Just look at how badly their FG stats dropped in each of the past two finals. Traditional teams with strong interior games don't go cold like that.

Kobe > LeBron in everything except roid bulldozing to the hoop and passing.

LeRoux needs 3 more rings to pass Kobe and one more (maybe) to enter the top 5 all time.

Running to other superstars to form super teams to win and losing more times in the Finals than winning doesn't mean you can be uttered in the same sentence as GOAT A and GOAT B.

{<huh}
Plz go back to the war room. You're ruining diplomatic relations here by dissing a culture with your utter ignorance.

Understand that the East is called the LEast for good reason.

Plz go back to the war room. You're ruining diplomatic relations here by dissing a culture with your utter ignorance.

Understand that the East is called the LEast for good reason.
A regular season record is composed of more than just Eastern Conference opponents. Do you understand how the NBA works?
<{walkerwhut}>

A regular season record is composed of more than just Eastern Conference opponents. Do you understand how the NBA works?
<{walkerwhut}>
Lol Leaveland was 16-14 vs the west... WOW! SAD.

GS and SA were 25-5 vs Least.

Utah 20-10

Clippers 20-10

Houstcan 19-11

Okc 18-12

Denver 16-14

LOL. Now, get the fuck out

The Warriors aren't a better team this year, than they were last year. A team requires different players to have different roles. Trading decent role players, for 30ppg caliber player, did not make them better.
The last thing they needed was more scoring. The best that team was going to get, was a Curry/Thompson/Green offensive attack, a guy like Bogut to protect the rim, and a competent scorer like Barnes to provide fresh legs off the bench.
KD made them better. There's no doubting that now even if there were doubts during various times in the season, particularly early. Even putting KD aside, they really didn't lose much (net) by letting Barnes, Bogut, Ezeli, Barbosa and Mo go.

If Cavs win and LeBron is big (almost a given if the first occurs) I'd place him about equal with Jordan.

As a kid I watched basketball when it was Lakers/Celtics and Bird/Magic in the mid 80's and then not too long after Chicago and Jordan came along. Seeing the way Jordan played is nothing like watching LeBron. I don't care about the stats or records LeBron just isn't as good.

You can hate them all you want but this GS team is insanely good.

If Bern manages to win, he's top 3.

LOL. If he wins, he's #1.

Why do people act like Jordan wasn't on a superteam?

Kobe > LeBron in everything except roid bulldozing to the hoop and passing.

LeRoux needs 3 more rings to pass Kobe and one more (maybe) to enter the top 5 all time.

Running to other superstars to form super teams to win and losing more times in the Finals than winning doesn't mean you can be uttered in the same sentence as GOAT A and GOAT B.

Kobe is a ridiculous argument. Never won a game on his first team. May have been the best player on his team for 1 of his 5 championships.

LeBron is better than both Jordan and Kobe in eFG% and 3pt% When you add that to passing, rebounding, and defending as a 3 instead of a 2, I'd say he's better.

Russell was much more dominant than Jordan in a worse era, Kobe was significantly less dominant than Jordan in a slightly better era, LeBron is slightly less dominant than Jordan but in a significantly better era.(Remember, LeBron has as many chips as Jordan did at his age)

As a kid I watched basketball when it was Lakers/Celtics and Bird/Magic in the mid 80's and then not too long after Chicago and Jordan came along. Seeing the way Jordan played is nothing like watching LeBron. I don't care about the stats or records LeBron just isn't as good.
Russell was playing in the league's infancy, Jordan was playing in it's toddlerhood. The real revolution in actual player ability to shoot started in the mid 2000s with the kids that Jordan inspired.

LOL. If he wins, he's #1.

Why do people act like Jordan wasn't on a superteam?

Kobe is a ridiculous argument. Never won a game on his first team. May have been the best player on his team for 1 of his 5 championships.

LeBron is better than both Jordan and Kobe in eFG% and 3pt% When you add that to passing, rebounding, and defending as a 3 instead of a 2, I'd say he's better.

Russell was much more dominant than Jordan in a worse era, Kobe was significantly less dominant than Jordan in a slightly better era, LeBron is slightly less dominant than Jordan but in a significantly better era.(Remember, LeBron has as many chips as Jordan did at his age)

Russell was playing in the league's infancy, Jordan was playing in it's toddlerhood. The real revolution in actual player ability to shoot started in the mid 2000s with the kids that Jordan inspired.
<TrumpWrong1>

Lol Leaveland was 16-14 vs the west... WOW! SAD.

GS and SA were 25-5 vs Least.

Utah 20-10

Clippers 20-10

Houstcan 19-11

Okc 18-12

Denver 16-14

LOL. Now, get the fuck out
Too bad that wasn't your original argument.

Back