*If Lebron wins this year championship against the Warriors + Durant...*

You forgot this part of my post:

"not to mention all of the other impressive accomplishments of Jordan."

Winning championships is not enough for determining individual greatness but it is an important factor. Considering all of the great players in the history of the NBA while measuring greatness is subjective I think that at the bare minimum they need to be regarded as a team leader and we should look at their career stats along with individuals accomplishments such as being Rookie of the Year, Regular Season MVP, Finals MVP, Number of Championships Won and Win/Loss ratio as champion. Michael Jordan has Lebron James beat in a lot of categories. I don't buy the "Jordan played on a better team" argument either. That definitely holds for the Jordan era Chicago Bulls when they won their championships vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers today or when they got swept by the Spurs but what about the Miami Heat when Lebron played for them? He still lost two NBA Finals. Jordan would have been even more dominant with that team. Jordan didn't have a good enough team around him to beat the Boston Celtics during the 1980s or have a realistic chance of winning an NBA championship until Scottie Pippen joined the team and Phil Jackson became head coach. Soon after that they were virtually unstoppable. Also if Jordan's father hadn't been murdered and he didn't retire early from Basketball I believe the Bulls could have won 8 or more championships in a row with Jordan. So long as he and the rest of the team stayed healthy Jordan would have been focused and kept winning until he got too old to play. Who knows maybe they could have beaten the Celtics most consecutive championships record. But as history stands right now while Lebron James has some very respectable accomplishments I believe that Michael Jordan can easily be viewed as the better player based on career accomplishment.

Literally nobody read this.

yikes. bron is the second greatest player of all time and im not even a bron nuthugger

RoosterShooter said:
objectively speaking, hes top 5 all time

"Objectively" he is top 5 all time yet you rank him as the "second greatest player of all time".

And you're not a nuthugger.

LMAO.

You can't make this stuff up folks.

"Objectively" he is top 5 all time yet you rank him as the "second greatest player of all time".

LMAO.

Well technically 2nd is in the top 5 so he didnt look too stupid

Technically

Not only the new rules, but the new spread offenses that allow guys more freedom to attack in the halfcourt. Could you imagine Jordan flanked by three or four knockdown 3pt shooters? It would be scary

The new spread offenses are facilitated by better shooting throughout the league. The massive talent-up that has happened in the last 10-15 years(give Jordan for credit for inspiring lots of kids) is awesome.

People act like Jordan had great suporting cast. It was good but it wasnt' as good as what lebron had with the heat really
The difference is jordan made his cast better players. Lebron needs to go out and get proven players. He took a nothing team to the finals and who knows if he stuck with it. But we wont ever know.

The difference is jordan made his cast better players. Lebron needs to go out and get proven players. He took a nothing team to the finals and who knows if he stuck with it. But we wont ever know.
What are you even talking about? LeBron is better at improving players around him by far. Who did Jordan elevate? Jordan. The man had to be reminded to pass to the open man by Phil Jackson in critical moments(which somehow you give Jordan credit for, but not LeBron)

Kobe is above Lebron for now.
giphy.gif

You forgot this part of my post:

"not to mention all of the other impressive accomplishments of Jordan."

Winning championships is not enough for determining individual greatness but it is an important factor. Considering all of the great players in the history of the NBA while measuring greatness is subjective I think that at the bare minimum they need to be regarded as a team leader and we should look at their career stats along with individuals accomplishments such as being Rookie of the Year, Regular Season MVP, Finals MVP, Number of Championships Won and Win/Loss ratio as champion. Michael Jordan has Lebron James beat in a lot of categories. I don't buy the "Jordan played on a better team" argument either. That definitely holds for the Jordan era Chicago Bulls when they won their championships vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers today or when they got swept by the Spurs but what about the Miami Heat when Lebron played for them? He still lost two NBA Finals. Jordan would have been even more dominant with that team. Jordan didn't have a good enough team around him to beat the Boston Celtics during the 1980s or have a realistic chance of winning an NBA championship until Scottie Pippen joined the team and Phil Jackson became head coach. Soon after that they were virtually unstoppable. Also if Jordan's father hadn't been murdered and he didn't retire early from Basketball I believe the Bulls could have won 8 or more championships in a row with Jordan. So long as he and the rest of the team stayed healthy Jordan would have been focused and kept winning until he got too old to play. Who knows maybe they could have beaten the Celtics most consecutive championships record. But as history stands right now while Lebron James has some very respectable accomplishments I believe that Michael Jordan can easily be viewed as the better player based on career accomplishment.
Paragraphs, motherfucker, have you heard of them?

What are you even talking about? LeBron is better at improving players around him by far. Who did Jordan elevate? Jordan. The man had to be reminded to pass to the open man by Phil Jackson in critical moments(which somehow you give Jordan credit for, but not LeBron)
???? Lebron went to miami with a nba finals mvp there, and allstar in bosh. He came to clevland and traded for love and kyrie was there. Jordan made pippen top 50 player. When he left in 1993, he made them winners man. They won over 50 games. Jordan made the players around him better.

When he left in 1993, he made them winners man. They won over 50 games. Jordan made the players around him better.
No, they made Jordan a winner. Him being on the team vs not was worth 2 regular season wins and 0-2 playoff series wins.

Jordan sure did a great job of teaching players like Kwame Brown how to win.

Last edited:

LMAO.

Oh yikes....i didnt think anyone was this slow so i haven't checked this in a while.

While youre doing mental gymnastics to break down the casual way i typed that sh*t, bron still held his position as the second greatest of all time.

Also numbnuts, the number 2 resides in a 1-5 ranking. So yes, he is top five all time and in that top five hes 2.

Oh yikes....i didnt think anyone was this slow so i haven't checked this in a while.

While youre doing mental gymnastics to break down the casual way i typed that sh*t, bron still held his position as the second greatest of all time.

Also numbnuts, the number 2 resides in a 1-5 ranking. So yes, he is top five all time and in that top five hes 2.

Good thing absolutely nobody gives any credence to your analysis whether online or otherwise LOL! BTW I speak for everyone when I say that.

LMAO @ thinking your opinion means anything more than jack "sh*t" (ROFL).

Oh man, Jordan made the playoffs with losing records his first few years and lost in the first round(including 2 sweeps).(Obviously, he missed the yoffs as a wizard, which are the most important and telling years of his career, invalidating everything that came before them of course, as this is sherdog and Silva and Fedor are now bums) Not to mention how LeBron put up ridiculous numbers in series 1&3 against the Warriors(not exactly his fault). This has been the greatest 3-year finals run of any player. They gave an FMVP to a player that held him to only leading both teams in Pts, Rbs, and Asts. The next year, he led all 5, and this year he was ranked 2,1,1,3,2 in pts reb ast stl blk while averaging a triple double.

Jordan only won 6. The comparisons to Bill Russell(or even Robert Horry) need to stop. Seriously, talking about team accomplishments to determine indiuvidual greatness is ridiculous.

MJ was on a much better team relative to his era. He had to wait until the Bad Boy Pistons and the aging Celtics were done, unlike LeBron, who managed to sneak past the Big Three in Boston and the Spurs while they were still in their primes. Let's face it: if Jordan wre on LeBrons teams, they get to and win less Finals. if LeBron was on the Bulls instead of Jordan, they actually win 8+ in a row.

Also, really, giving the bulls credit for ending the run of the bad boy pistons because they swept the pistons because Isaiah was out with a broken wrist and never made it out of the first round afterwards? Sounds like Bulls only won the east once the Pistons and Celtics were old/injured.

Just like it was for Jordan when he failed to win 4 in a row.

UMMM... 13. and winning 11. Makes Russell the greatest of all time, with no room for questioning. As we all know, team accomplishments are how we judge individual players, and not actual individual greatness and VORP.

Lol @ the big three in Boston being in their prime.

Back