If Jon Jones moves to HW and win the title, would he become automatically theGOAT without any doubt?

Yes. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

I love Fedor and he was the GOAT, however his losses have tarnished his record and his refusal to fight in UFC and choice to fight cans in Japan has furthered this.

Jones has beaten everyone put in front of him in what was the deadliest division in the UFC. The list of names he has beaten, and done so impressively, is amazing. I would already say that he is the GOAT...but if he moves up and wins the heavyweight title then there can be no refuting it!

I believe this will happen, and Jones will be the greatest we see for some time. However many will devalue his achievements out of hate for the man rather than appreciation of the fighter.

Just because he is the best ever, that does not make him the greatest of all time. More factors than just the fights come into play. Longevity, adversity, and dominance. He could be GOAT but one more fight will not make it happen.

Best ever = Greatest of all time

Literally and absolutely mean the same thing.

Best ever = Greatest of all time

Literally and absolutely mean the same thing.

I'm using SHERDOG LOGIC you need more posts to understand the TRUTH. It is Advanced stuff going on here. Like quantum tunneling. You don't just stand in one place leaning against a wall and expect to quantum tunnel right through it do you?

i don't know, i've always considered HW to be the weakest division. it would be a great feat obviously, but he would be beating up guys that are a lot slower than him. and he already beat cormier, a man who could easily hold the HW belt imo.

Ogawa is an olympic medalist, thats a much more impressive win than Sonnen. Add Cro Cop, Big nog, Arlovski, Coleman, Hunt, Sylvia and Goodridge to that list and you've got an impressive win streak for a guy who would probably be no bigger than Rockhold if he lost the body fat.
Of all of Jones wins, only Gustafson and Cormier were elite guys that couldn't easily make MW, with Bader being in the category of good win, but not exactly elite
Huh?
Shogun Rashad Lyoto Rampage recent LHW champs werent elite??

How the hell can you name Gus before these legends? Did you just start watching mma?

He also needs to shed being a decision machine.

The last legit LHW he finished was Lyoto in 2011.

That's a long time for the "GOAT" to not finish an opponent.

:rolleyes:
Vitor is a legit LHW & Jones finished him. Besides, it's not like gustaffson, glover, & Cormier are easy to finish.

Huh?
Shogun Rashad Lyoto Rampage recent LHW champs werent elite??

How the hell can you name Gus before these legends? Did you just start watching mma?
They were elite, but every single one of them was no bigger than the average MW, with the exception of Rampage who would clearly rather make films than concentrate on MMA at that point. Gus and Cormier were the only guys with top level skills that couldn't easily cut another division

I already have him in front of Fedor, winning the HW title would probably put him at the top of all time.

And there you have it..."may already be the best ever". No way of knowing until he starts actually fighting in the big boy division. People calling Jones the GOAT, without Jon having ever won a fight at hw, defies common sense. If you want to argue that Jon is some sort of p4p king, despite being a hw who's dominated (mostly) men he's dwarfed at lhw, then ok. It's highly subjective. But to extrapolate that because of his success at lhw, he would neccessarily dominate hw as well, is silly and nonsensical.

Greatest of all time doesn't have to be a HW. SRR is considered the GOAT by many in boxing, was he a HW? You don't even understand the concept.

So true, Jones is exempt from the title of greatest ever until he moves up in weight. Sound logic from gspieler.
Huh? He didn't dwarf

Rampage
Bonnar
Texeira
(Former top 3 hw ) dc
Vera
Bader
Gus

They were elite, but every single one of them was no bigger than the average MW, with the exception of Rampage who would clearly rather make films than concentrate on MMA at that point. Gus and Cormier were the only guys with top level skills that couldn't easily cut another division
what nonsense.

They were all LHW champs
All had careers at LHW or HW.
The only one whos even tried ww is Machida after several losses and hasnt had any success at MW.

These guys are career LHW and former champs. Trust me, they know their proper career weight class more than some random dude typing on a forum

No. He would have to fight and beat Cain Velasquez a minimum of three times.

Funny how people use Jones size to discredit him as a HW fighting at LHW but no one ever says this about Gus.

Non athletic people see a tall skinny guy and assume hes "bigger" it stems from ignorance.
yep, how could I possibly think this guy is beating smaller opponents

12_UFC145_Jones_Evans-4.jpg

ufc-140-press-conference-jon-jones-and-lyoto-machida.jpg

2ivxy8l_large.jpg

jonesvsbelfort.jpg

You still want to say this guy is an average size LHW?

method=get&s=andrei-arlovski-jon-jones.jpg

pFn6cXT.jpg

Back