If Jon Jones moves to HW and win the title, would he become automatically theGOAT without any doubt?

yep, how could I possibly think this guy is beating smaller opponents

12_UFC145_Jones_Evans-4.jpg

ufc-140-press-conference-jon-jones-and-lyoto-machida.jpg

2ivxy8l_large.jpg

jonesvsbelfort.jpg

You still want to say this guy is an average size LHW?

method=get&s=andrei-arlovski-jon-jones.jpg

pFn6cXT.jpg

I know it confusing especially if you dont engage in physical activity.

But here it is- Combat sports are divided by weight class, not height.

So to an uninformed mind that sees a tall person they think
"Ohh gee wilickers, hes big"

But Jones weighs the same if not less than his most of his opponents.

So in the UFC the LHW division is 205 lbs. Lbs (pounds) being a unit of weight.

I hope this makes sense if its still confusing ask yourself, whats bigger a giraffe or an elephant?

I'm using SHERDOG LOGIC you need more posts to understand the TRUTH. It is Advanced stuff going on here. Like quantum tunneling. You don't just stand in one place leaning against a wall and expect to quantum tunnel right through it do you?

Ahhh of course, you were appropriating Sherdog logic to make your argument. Should've realised you were being facetious...but round here you never know :)

He also needs to shed being a decision machine.

The last legit LHW he finished was Lyoto in 2011.

That's a long time for the "GOAT" to not finish an opponent.

:rolleyes:
Never heard anyone call Jon Jones a decision machine before. Think it's extremely unwarranted. He may be a lot of things but decision machine? Let's be real here.

If McGregor beats RDA he would've done the same thing except in much deeper divisions

I know it confusing especially if you dont engage in physical activity.

But here it is- Combat sports are divided by weight class, not height.

So to an uninformed mind that sees a tall person they think
"Ohh gee wilickers, hes big"

But Jones weighs the same if not less than his most of his opponents.

So in the UFC the LHW division is 205 lbs. Lbs (pounds) being a unit of weight.

I hope this makes sense if its still confusing ask yourself, whats bigger a giraffe or an elephant?
And once again, I never once said it had anything to do with height. Lyoto Machida came into the Jones fight weighing 201, didn't even cut weight, and we know Jones is 228-233 on fight night. Nothing to do with height, hes just a bigger guy. Shogun is what, a chubby 215? He'd probably only just weigh 205 at Jones body fat %. I doubt Evans weighs more than 215, and Vitor comfortably makes 185 in peak condition. Jones on the other hand is a similar WEIGHT to the current HW champ

Never heard anyone call Jon Jones a decision machine before. Think it's extremely unwarranted. He may be a lot of things but decision machine? Let's be real here.
He's not a decision machine, but being fair about it neither is Aldo and he gets the same label

if he wins the HW title and defends it for a couple of years - it will be impossible to argue that he is the GOAT.

Needs more than 1 win but within 3 fights he could seal the deal.

GOAT is a subjective term. For me there has to be a longevity factor to the domination. Aldo is the GOAT at 145, even though I'm a fan of the fighter who finished him in 13 seconds.

And once again, I never once said it had anything to do with height. Lyoto Machida came into the Jones fight weighing 201, didn't even cut weight, and we know Jones is 228-233 on fight night. Nothing to do with height, hes just a bigger guy. Shogun is what, a chubby 215? He'd probably only just weigh 205 at Jones body fat %. I doubt Evans weighs more than 215, and Vitor comfortably makes 185 in peak condition. Jones on the other hand is a similar WEIGHT to the current HW champ

Jones doesn't cut 25 lbs of water. He's 228 now. 12 weeks out. After a period of muscle gain.

DC weighs more than Jones, Rumble weighs more, Glover and Gustafsson are similar weights. Rashad blows up to like 240lbs off camp. Machida weighed in at 204lbs, not 201lbs; he didn't balloon up, he's had more LHW fights than MW.

Jones has said he could make Middleweight if he dedicated himself to it.

Greatest of all time doesn't have to be a HW. SRR is considered the GOAT by many in boxing, was he a HW? You don't even understand the concept.
No, I think you don't understand the concept of absolute vs relative. And Jon Jones is neither the absolute GOAT, or p4p GOAT(until proven otherwise). He is currently the lhw GOAT. That is all.

Jones doesn't have the KO power necessary to keep the other HWs at bay. They'll just walk through him, punch and land. We all know what happened when he fought someone as tall as he is.

If HW was easier he'd be there already.

He's one of the LHW GOATs no doubt.

Still think GSP's wins, dominance and level of competition (at the time of the fights) hold much more status than Silva, Fedor or Jones.

Huh? He didn't dwarf

Rampage
Bonnar
Texeira
(Former top 3 hw ) dc
Vera
Bader
Gus
Ok, so what's your point? That Jones only dwarfed half the guys he fought in the UFC, and was the same size as the other half? Not a big revelation; many lhw's are just guys that simply don't want to compete at hw.

Funny how people use Jones size to discredit him as a HW fighting at LHW but no one ever says this about Gus.
No one's claiming Gus is the GOAT, and would rule overt he hw division by default, simply due to his success at lhw, either.

Let's say that after he beats Cormier he will go to HW and defeat Werdum for the title, would he become automatically the goat of all mma? This could happen until the end of this year.
He is the GOAT of all MMA already,

But yes...this would make it undeniable to even the most dim of Sherdogger.

Non athletic people see a tall skinny guy and assume hes "bigger" it stems from ignorance.
Lol at this pseudo-athlete. Jones is 6'4", 230lbs., and low bf%. Fedor, Cain, Cro Cop, DC, Randy, Werdum, etc are all similar in size, and have had success at hw. Yet Jones is the absolute GOAT, and never has to win a single fight at hw to prove it. Seriously, you fanboys don't seem to understand even the most basic logic.

Ok, so what's your point? That Jones only dwarfed half the guys he fought in the UFC, and was the same size as the other half? Not a big revelation; many lhw's are just guys that simply don't want to compete at hw.
Well if you are bigger then half but not the other half that puts you at average for the division by definition.

Your just making stuff up

Now you're just making shit up.

Jones puts on 30lbs of water weight for a fight?????
Check his social media. Hes was weighing the most he ever has at 230 from intense powerlifting NOT in fight shape.
In fight shape Werdum was 236 for his last fight (for Cain), but has gotten up to 260lbs for fights. He is a natural HW.

Shogun fights at 230.
Hell, Sonnen was weighing 230 on TUF against Jones

Evans fought at HW. ALL these guys cut the same amount of weight except for maybe Machida because he tried to utilize a speed advantage which he no longer has.

Jones doesnt have some "magic" weight cutting advantage and foremost most of these guys were LHW CHAMPIONS

Back