If Francis KOs Joshua

I wouldn't be shocked by that. Joshua is not only supposed to win he's expected to finish Ngannou. Fury didn't have the power to pull it off but I believe Joshua does. If one big shot won't do it I could see a wicked combination succeeding. Joshua just needs to be careful not to get caught himself.

Joshuas got more power than Fury. But hes not Wilder. I don't think he can put Francis to sleep.

The only way Francis gets finished is the result of a severe beating that takes several rounds. I don't see a punch or combo being enough. I don't see an awake Francis staying down for 10 seconds either.

If Ngannou knocks out Joshua, no one should be surprised. Anything can happen in a fight with guys that weigh 280 lbs and have knockout power in their hands.

I wouldn't be surprised if either guy knocks each other out. I'd be more surprise if it's a decision if anything else.

Joshuas got more power than Fury. But hes not Wilder. I don't think he can put Francis to sleep.

The only way Francis gets finished is the result of a severe beating that takes several rounds. I don't see a punch or combo being enough. I don't see an awake Francis staying down for 10 seconds either.
The stoppage could end up being from accumulation but a Joshua stoppage is what the bookies believe will happen. In Joshua's last fight it was Wallin's corner that stopped it because he was getting absolutely battered. Joshua broke his face (nose was confirmed to be broken). Ngannou has the power to keep Joshua honest, unlike Wallin, but he's pretty slow and there to be hit.

I wouldn't worry about anyone attempting to reframe Joshua's career if he loses. He has the best resume at the weight by a landslide. No other top fighter in the division has beaten more former/current champs and contenders.
I'm not worried about it. I'm saying that's what will happen if he loses to Francis.

Some mma fans are quite reasonable, i used to be one myself back when when Shogun and Wanderlei were stomping fools in Pride, all the way through to when Anderson and GSP ruled the roost in the ufc, but unfortunately most mma fans, especially ones of this generation, suffer from an incurable condition known as stupidity. After all, we both know an mma fan who tries his best to masquerade as a knowledgeable boxing fan, and his stupidity is always dialed up to 100.

Then we had that guy who thought Leon Edwards would outbox Sugar Ray Robinson...
I used to watch mma almost as much as boxing, probably saw every UFC from number 2 all the way to 209, when I suddenly lost interest. It was a lot of fun, and I remember a lot of the fans I knew from that era had some sort of interest or background in martial arts in general. There were a lot of bjj and muay thai guys and they had some idea of what they were watching. A lot of the people I know who are into it now have never punched, kicked or grappled and are more into it as something to bet on or follow on social media. I guess that's why they're so annoying.

Training wise ive always been an MMA guy but fan wise it tips to boxing probably because i was a teen in early mid eighties and we would talk on the street endlessly about Hagler, Hearns, Duran (i got beat up when he lost for taunting) and SRL. Plus my uncle (Ammy boxer/coach) used to take me via 3 busses and a subway to watch the boxers train in gritty South Philly gyms when i was like 9 yo. I like Francis alot -great story of personal struggle to escape a horrible life -who cant support that.? So i like both guys, kinda prefer the boxer to win but ill enjoy it either way

Have you noticed the amount of irrational haters Joshua has.

They’ll jizz their budgie smugglers.
ive never been a big fan but he does get significantly more flak than other HW boxer of this generation. i think at least a lot of the criticisms from Americans come from the fact that he lost his US debut to a short notice Andy Ruiz Jr. he was hyped up and then just fell flat. its not something easily forgotten. not really fair considering he's done pretty well since that loss. losing to Usyk is nothing to be ashamed of.

if he loses to Francis i expect a lot of the flak to intensify.

I think Wilder v Joshua logic can be applied to this. Basically, how long before Joshua gets hit
It's the other way around. Joshua is the puncher in boxing and Ngannou will most likely be going to sleep.

It's the other way around. Joshua is the puncher in boxing and Ngannou will most likely be going to sleep.
Yes but at least based on the one and only fight we have observed he maintains a solid guard. In the multiple times we've seen, Joshua does not.

Boxing fans would be delighted, because everybody wants to fight Frank. It would make for a fully booked HW schedule.

MMA fans should be disappointed though, because if that happens, Frank will never fight MMA again.

While Ngannou clearly has a great chin, he also got scared to death after one or two heavy blows from Derrick Lewis. He definitely can be stopped in a 12 round fight.
This one's a 10 rounder but your point stands. I'm curious to see how he reacts when Joshua cracks him with that first big shot.

Joshua has no chin he wouldn’t have gotten up from the punch Francis landed on fury

Yep... if AJ gets clipped by a big puncher it's all over. We all remember how badly AJ lost this fight.

3wIs7N.gif

i would actually love that cause i dont like joshua and most of his fans. also ngannou is a lifelong boxer that dominated mma fighters with his boxing so i am not bothered by him beating a b tier former champ.

Oh the 41 year old 2 year active klitschko. yes super impressiv win
That isn't the point. Joshua took Wlad's signature shot, managed to get back up, and finished him off later. Wlad was only a couple years older in this fight than he was when he fought Fury. He also looked much better in there compared to how he looked in the Fury fight. If Joshua's chin was glass then he wouldn't have been able to do any of this.

Oh the 41 year old 2 year active klitschko. yes super impressiv win
that was a great fight. Wlad looked great throughout except he was forced to brawl more. can't subtract anything from it and based on that Wlad had the fighting style built for longevity; he could have kept going if he wanted to but chose to quit

Back