If Francis KOs Joshua

He is a boxing HW world champion with 24 KO in 30 fights, that shouldn't shock anyone.

Ngannou has never been knocked down or even really been hurt, so it would be interesting to see him tested.
Your second paragraph is why I asked the question. The talk I've heard from MMA fans is that he's virtually indestructible. He's taken kicks, knees, and elbows in the dome so he should be able to brush off a punch especially one in 10 oz gloves. That's the theory. Something tells me it'll be wrong.

Your second paragraph is why I asked the question. The talk I've heard from MMA fans is that he's virtually indestructible. He's taken kicks, knees, and elbows in the dome so he should be able to brush off a punch especially one in 10 oz gloves. That's the theory. Something tells me it'll be wrong.
Well, a misconception people have on Ngannou is that he is a fighter who relies on his chin, when in reality he really does not let his opponent touch him easily.
That said, whenever he took clean shots, he barely flinched.

I expect Joshua to use similar gameplan he used for Helenius, work the body to open a way for his right hand upstairs.
But I see Ngannou being much less passive than Helenius, he will try to counter whenever AJ tries to land any combos. And he also works a lot on conditonning to take body shots.

He is a boxing HW world champion with 24 KO in 30 fights, that shouldn't shock anyone.

Ngannou has never been knocked down or even really been hurt, so it would be interesting to see him tested.

He says that fury hit him harder than he’s ever been hit before? Very surprising and If that really is the case then he’s in for a fuckin shock against Joshua.

Yeah Ngannou has granite chin. Not only knocked down, I've actually never seen him rocked or anything despite taking clean shots in occasions.

That being said, Joshua is a very active and dynamic boxer in the ring. Joshua isn't going to wait and see and throw two punches per round like Fury. Joshua unlike Fury, is also a very good body puncher, so I think Ngannou will have a lot to deal with in this fight on many levels. As much as I consider Ngannou a physical specimen with true boxing talent I think he is too slow and and too late to be able to catch AJ or outpoint him. His best bet is to somehow force an open exchange and clip Joshua with something big. But AJ can and has to gain his respect early. Remember Ngannou freezed when he faced a puncher in Derrick Lewis. Most likely Joshua wins a 100-90 UD but I have no doubt Ngannou's resilience will be tested like never ever before in the later rounds.

Fury entire gam plan was the use body mass and could only throw 1-2 punches. He had no way of getting through Nganou's guard. He was clearly soft but that was a clear display of reduced boxing IQ.

I feel like I'm jynxing Joshua but what has he really got or displayed in the past that he won't get stung?

Fury entire gam plan was the use body mass and could only throw 1-2 punches. He had no way of getting through Nganou's guard. He was clearly soft but that was a clear display of reduced boxing IQ.

I feel like I'm jynxing Joshua but what has he really got or displayed in the past that he won't get stung?
For starters Joshua actually trains. He has real work ethic. Fury recently admitted that he didn't train much for Ngannou despite initially claiming he had a 12 week camp. Given how bad he looked, and the sad shape he appeared to be in, I buy that. Joshua is also a more explosive athlete and hits a lot harder than Fury. Skill-wise Joshua has a more developed mid range game, sharper counters, and much better combination punching.

Last edited:
For starters Joshua actually trains. He has real work ethic. Fury recently admitted that he didn't train much for Ngannou despite initially claiming he had a 12 week camp. Given how bad he looked, and the sad shape he appeared to be in, I buy that. Joshua is also a more explosive athlete and hits a lot harder than Fury. Skill-wise Joshua has a more developed mid range game, sharper counters, and much better combination punching.
I think Wilder v Joshua logic can be applied to this. Basically, how long before Joshua gets hit

I think Wilder v Joshua logic can be applied to this. Basically, how long before Joshua gets hit
Joshua may strike first. He's quicker than Ngannou. Hands and feet. I've seen Joshua take bombs from big proven punchers and get back up. One of which was Wlad Klitschko's straight right hand as another poster mentioned earlier. Ngannou clearly hits hard but I don't see the type of one-punch destructive power that Wilder has.

I haven't followed MMA for years but was kind of hoping Ngannou would sleep Fury. Joshua should be able to get the job done but there's a fragility to him. Wouldn't blow me away if he got caught with something.

I think the story around Joshua will just change to him being washed if that happens.

Joshua may strike first. He's quicker than Ngannou. Hands and feet. I've seen Joshua take bombs from big proven punchers and get back up. One of which was Wlad Klitschko's straight right hand as another poster mentioned earlier. Ngannou clearly hits hard but I don't see the type of one-punch destructive power that Wilder has.
either did Ruiz

And on that logic, wilder hardly laid a glove on Parker yet slow joe Joyce couldn’t miss. I think most people now see through wilders padded, managed record. He’s a can crusher and Joshua knocks him out far more often than not

Back