Anthony Joshua 12 (6)/41 29.3%
Francis Ngannou 8 (3)/42 19%

JABS
Joshua 7 (5)/32 21.9%
Ngannou 5 (2)/21 23.8%

POWER SHOTS
Joshua 5 (1)/9 55.6%
Ngannou 3 (1)/21 14.3%

5 of the 12 punches AJ landed were power punches.
3 of those 5 power punches sent Francis to the canvas, with the last one being a knock out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308-222904.png
    Screenshot_20240308-222904.png
    96 KB · Views: 6
Pretty efficient.

Francis was badly hurt from the first knockdown on I think. His whole demeanor shifted and he no longer seemed dangerous or offensive.

I think he was trying to do a pokerface but he was woozy. And his confidence was shot so he kind of became a sitting duck afraid to let his hands go.

And I don't blame him.
He was in the cage with a beast on an entirely different level.

Francis is very awkward. That can take a few rounds to fully adjust to. Joshua would've put even more separation between them as the fight progressed (had it gone on longer). Once he actually settled into the fight and found his rhythm.

Fury carried Ngannou and Ngannou carried Joshua

Saudis payed them to make their opponent look good.

look into it yo fools.

joshua fucking ran through him. i'm not sure if francis had even been properly hurt in a fight before that, the man has an iron chin... and AJ just cracked him like it was nothing.

i guess the excitement of this fight came from people severely underestimating AJ.

joshua fucking ran through him. i'm not sure if francis had even been properly hurt in a fight before that, the man has an iron chin... and AJ just cracked him like it was nothing.

i guess the excitement of this fight came from people severely underestimating AJ.
I'd only ever seen Francis briefly stunned for just a fraction of a second against Stipe in the rematch. He immediately recovered though and brutally KO'd Stipe right after. Francis has a great chin but he'd never been hit that hard. He seemed surprised when he got dropped the first time since it's never happened to him in a fight.

AJ trained for this like a real fight, and looked like dynamite taking a guy who really had no idea what he was doing, I mean switching to southpaw, wtf his coaches telling him. Full respect to AJ in the aftermath, came across top, I still think he never beats Usyk, so he has to hope Tyson can do the job, and that shit is intriguing as a weekend on mushrooms.

Landed only 5 power punches, and it was super brutal.

I was proved totally wrong. Still don't think AJ has "it" like he used to, but he used 1-2s to devastate a novice and it looked good on the eye.

He had front hand control too. Ngannou was struggling with that and while he was thinking about it AJ let his hands go. This is what happens when you spar someone a lot more advanced than you.

Pretty efficient.

Francis was badly hurt from the first knockdown on I think. His whole demeanor shifted and he no longer seemed dangerous or offensive.

I think he was trying to do a pokerface but he was woozy. And his confidence was shot so he kind of became a sitting duck afraid to let his hands go.

And I don't blame him.
He was in the cage with a beast on an entirely different level.

He never really got cracked in the UFC. We never got to see if he had the heart to push through adversity on the feet. Now we know.

Reactions: mon
will francis still be ranked in the top 10 by the wbc? lol

i underestimated joshua. i thought he would be like a deer in headlights but he looked focused and zoned in. francis seemed to be out of it as soon as he was dropped the first time. he didnt look too bad for the first minute though lol

and him saying he is not done with boxing...ngannou, dont bother, at 37 with zero amature fights and coming off of a devestating ko loss, go back to mma.

PFL must be having an urgent board meeting right now.

Attachments

• 1709992742531.jpeg
    1709992742531.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 3
I also want to say I think nothings changed. Joshua was always heads and tails above most. Won’t surprise me if he beats fury and Wilder too, hopefully Usyk gets the job done with Fury first.

Still can’t believe ngannou started switching stances in the first round. Just utter stupidity. Any current HWs outside of usyk and fury are gonna end up on the floor doing that with Joshua in front of them

AJ trained for this like a real fight, and looked like dynamite taking a guy who really had no idea what he was doing, I mean switching to southpaw, wtf his coaches telling him. Full respect to AJ in the aftermath, came across top, I still think he never beats Usyk, so he has to hope Tyson can do the job, and that shit is intriguing as a weekend on mushrooms.
Yeah, AJ spent 2 training camps and fought a great southpaw in Usyk.That MMA "switch stance" thinking was idiotic for boxing. It's understandable for MMA, because some people are cross dominant when it comes to kicking and punches, but I'm sure AJ & his team reviewed Ngannous fight with Fury and was anticipating it. Francis paid for it in a very bad way

Last edited:
Joshua got Ngannou looking for the jab to the body and wrecked him upstairs.

Nganno's guard wasn't as tight this time round

Back