If Conor McGregor Is Dumb Enough To Return To MMA

oh boy here we go ..more connor nut . He comes back to MMA he will implode like Rhonda

I don't believe it. MMA is too young for me to believe that the "level of boxing [I'm] referring to isn't practical in MMA."
(1) There is no such a thing as a "boxing stance." As long as you are on your feet, then you are in an acceptable stance. There is no rule that states a fighter must stand a certain way. Watch Muhammad Ali, he didn't have a "stance." He was constantly moving.

(2) Again, Muhammad Ali didn't keep his weight on his front foot. He was constantly moving. Also, the way the average MMA fighter throws the low leg kick, it is mystery to me how they don't get KO'd all the time after throwing that kick. All the opponent has to do is anticipate the kick, absorb it, and come back with a straight counter right down the centre line.

You are just following Brendan Schaub and typical hardcore MMA fan talking points. These talking points are not based on the truth. Boxing doesn't look "practical" because the average UFC fighter can't box. It is as simple as that.

No I've boxed and practiced mma, and sparred in both, and there is a world of difference in stances when your only generating power through punches, to when your generating power in kicks, between generating power in both punches and kicks in a fluid motion.

Now there is a world of difference in all of those stances when you add in having to be able to generate power in a fluid motion while defending a TD, or performing a TD.

And then there is another level on being able to fluidly Strike with all 8 points, while fluidly performing and Defending TD's.

That is MMA, only a moron would think Boxers stances are superior to an MMA'ist in a MMA bout.

Whatever mma fighters call boxing, I don't believe is boxing, and I don't think professional boxers will call it boxing.

Most mma punchers punch with a skill set one level above an athletic bar/club fighter. If you watch mma, watch fight analysis, you are coordinated and you go to your local gym and teach yourself "boxing," then you will strike (with your hands) at the same level as the average UFC fighter.

You can teach yourself how to hand strike like Demian Maia did against Tyron Woodley, and that's the average UFC hand striker.

Okay so in 1 year Connor with have K-1 level boxing superior to everyone else in the UFC?

Pure boxing has never done well in mma though?

The blueprint to beat Conor is known, it's the fact fighters can't seem to implement it or get caught up in his trash talk.

they cant seem to implement it because of Conor's boxing you goof.

All his opponents better spend their entire camps training cardiopulmonary endurance and takedown attempts, or else they will get KO'd left right and center.

The average MMA fighter has very little clue of boxing, the ultimate striking martial art, that is why they get caught by slow and looping punches.

Now, Conor has spent a whole year training boxing. So, not only has he improved on his amateur boxing foundation, but also on his cardiopulmonary endurance.

His next mma opponents will have no choice but to fight him like Demian Maia fought Woodley, or they will be put to sleep.

1 year of boxing training means nothing.

Everyone is training cardio. Don't get caught up in the hoopla of his program, his cycling regiment, etc. Get your ass on a treadmill everyday and run a few miles everyday and your good. Sugar Ray Leonard used to run 5 miles a day and he used to go (then) 15 rounds.

That is part of Nate's advantage.

No.
You are not the only poster on this forum. When I reply, I reply to anybody who is interested in the conversation. I couldn't careless about those who aren't.
Dude I agreed with u actually it's another way of saying this person made absolutely no sense so I shouldn't waste my calories talking typing etc smh

You don't think Alvarez tried to do that? he just couldn't take him down. Khabib & Woodley are the worse matchups for Conor, think he doesn't care though, dude is an animal who doesn't fear no man.

I definitely think it will be interesting to see what Conor does after all of his training in boxing against one of the p4p boxers of all time if he decides to return to MMA.

You do realize that the level of boxing your referring to isn't practical I'm MMA, the stance for 1, make it very easy to get single legged or ankle picked, your also very susceptible to front inside leg kicks since boxer keep there weight on their front foot.
Dude, the folks you're speaking to don't know what an ankle pick is.. Save your finger strength!

I don't believe it. MMA is too young for me to believe that the "level of boxing [I'm] referring to isn't practical in MMA."
(1) There is no such a thing as a "boxing stance." As long as you are on your feet, then you are in an acceptable stance. There is no rule that states a fighter must stand a certain way. Watch Muhammad Ali, he didn't have a "stance." He was constantly moving.

(2) Again, Muhammad Ali didn't keep his weight on his front foot. He was constantly moving. Also, the way the average MMA fighter throws the low leg kick, it is mystery to me how they don't get KO'd all the time after throwing that kick. All the opponent has to do is anticipate the kick, absorb it, and come back with a straight counter right down the centre line.

You are just following Brendan Schaub and typical hardcore MMA fan talking points. These talking points are not based on the truth. Boxing doesn't look "practical" because the average UFC fighter can't box. It is as simple as that.

Perhaps the stupidest shit I've ever read on this goddamn site.
<DisgustingHHH>

All his opponents better spend their entire camps training cardiopulmonary endurance and takedown attempts, or else they will get KO'd left right and center.

The average MMA fighter has very little clue of boxing, the ultimate striking martial art, that is why they get caught by slow and looping punches.

Now, Conor has spent a whole year training boxing. So, not only has he improved on his amateur boxing foundation, but also on his cardiopulmonary endurance.

His next mma opponents will have no choice but to fight him like Demian Maia fought Woodley, or they will be put to sleep.
Or Conor better learn how to fight hard at a heavy pace for more than two rounds. Ferguson and Khabib will be relentless on him and will not give him the space and time like slow ass Nate Diaz did in that second fight when Conor was able to continuously run away.

Or Conor better learn how to fight hard at a heavy pace for more than two rounds. Ferguson and Khabib will be relentless on him and will not give him the space and time like slow ass Nate Diaz did in that second fight when Conor was able to continuously run away.
Both fighters will be careful coming in, because they respect Conor's power. They will need to set up their takedowns, and avoid being reckless.

I am not saying that other LWs will not beat Conor. I am saying they can by grappling and game-planning for the takedown.

Yeah but they dont use that strategy until its too late.
From the start, their strategy needs to be to take him down.

Come on man..it aint that bad.
if boxing is a 10, and bar fights are a 1 - 3, id give your average MMA fighter a 5.
More like bar fights are 1 MMA fighters are 3.5-4 and a few 6s here and there

Back