If Conor McGregor Is Dumb Enough To Return To MMA

Check my posting history (if that is possible). I am not a Conor fan. He hasn't convinced me that he is an mma fighter.

His record in the UFC Is laughable. I made a thread about it.

However, one thing I am know is that he has hands, and if you don't take him down and you don't have "special physical attributes," you going to get rekt-n-slept.

I am a far assessor. I have no emotional attachments to the fighters. I just want all fighters to perform to their potential so I can get a good fight.
fight is a fix plain as day, may mac two coming soon lol

McGregor will come back, defeat the Lightweight contender.....defeat Holloway and reclaim the FW belt,....
The money is not going to make sense, unless the UFC can guarantee him nothing less than 8 figures every time he fights.

The money he will make on sponsorships alone, for the Mayweather fight, will dwarf anything the UFC has ever guaranteed him for his entire career with them.

Financially, it wouldn't make sense to return to mma. It will be like doctor working as a nurse. You have to swallow a lot of pride to do that.

McGregor's boxing, especially after this, will be FARRR superior to anyone in the league lol,...it'll be unfair.
They will have no choice but to panic wrestler.

Any LW, other than Nate Diaz, who thinks he can bang with McGregor after this year, better be pumped full of Monster Energy, because he will probably get rekt-n-slept.

fight is a fix plain as day, may mac two coming soon lol
A fix would be too risky.

Floyd's entire legacy is founded on him being professionally undefeated. The only reason he gets even a little bit of credit is because he is 49-0.

Even one loss on his record will give the media the ammunition to destroy and rewrite his entire career.

Everybody else can lose. Guys like Floyd Mayweather and Tyron Woodley simply can't afford to. One loss, and everything they have accomplished will be wiped out from mainstream opinion.

Conor KO's Tony Ferguson, unless Tony uses his fight IQ and takes the fight to the ground as soon as he can.

If Tony thinks his weird striking style is good enough for him to ignore his ground advantage, he will get a rude awakening after he is rekt-n-slept.

Nate Diaz beats Conor. I think Nate threw away the second fight for another pay-day. I don't care what McGregor fans think about this opinion.
I kinda feel like all the boxing being trained isn't just going to translate like clockwork, it might hurt him actually. Everyone else is training too as well. the nate theory doesn't sound too crazy, but I don't speculate on that sorta thing unless the fight is suuuuper fishy.

The money is not going to make sense, unless the UFC can guarantee him nothing less than 8 figures every time he fights.

The money he will make on sponsorships alone, for the Mayweather fight, will dwarf anything the UFC has ever guaranteed him for his entire career with them.

Financially, it wouldn't make sense to return to mma. It will be like doctor working as a nurse. You have to swallow a lot of pride to do that.
I think there are not a ton of Floyd/Conor paydays out there for either guy. Conor could go on to box someone like GGG/Canelo for big money if he wins but if he loses, the paydays will be very similar to what the UFC pays him. It will probably come down to which sport he actually likes more.

All his opponents better spend their entire camps training cardiopulmonary endurance and takedown attempts, or else they will get KO'd left right and center.

The average MMA fighter has very little clue of boxing, the ultimate striking martial art, that is why they get caught by slow and looping punches.

Now, Conor has spent a whole year training boxing. So, not only has he improved on his amateur boxing foundation, but also on his cardiopulmonary endurance.

His next mma opponents will have no choice but to fight him like Demian Maia fought Woodley, or they will be put to sleep.
Or they can kick him in the leg

Outside of wikipedia where is this proof of this amateur experience and titles?

A fix would be too risky.

Floyd's entire legacy is founded on him being professionally undefeated. The only reason he gets even a little bit of credit is because he is 49-0.

Even one loss on his record will give the media the ammunition to destroy and rewrite his entire career.

Everybody else can lose. Guys like Floyd Mayweather and Tyron Woodley simply can't afford to. One loss, and everything they have accomplished will be wiped out from mainstream opinion.
nope what is risky is that conor would loose badly and not earn a 2nd fight,
That kills may mac 2 and that is all either care about,
this fight is fixed plain and simple and if you believe Dana conor or Floyd you are being willfully ignorant

Pure anything has never done well in MMA. You need to be aware of what the other fighter is allowed to do, and adapt to it.

Name 5 UFC champs since 2010 who were pure anything. Everyone has a base from somewhere (because mma is a relatively new sport), but no champ in the past 5 years has been pure anything.
Well back in the day pure bjj etc got fighters far.

The most one dimensional champ in the past 5 years was probably Ronda with her armbar... But WMMA is like mma when Gracie was around.

I think he'll retire on august 26, win or lose. Wait a couple of years and return to make a superfight vs the ww champ

All his opponents better spend their entire camps training cardiopulmonary endurance and takedown attempts, or else they will get KO'd left right and center.

The average MMA fighter has very little clue of boxing, the ultimate striking martial art, that is why they get caught by slow and looping punches.

Now, Conor has spent a whole year training boxing. So, not only has he improved on his amateur boxing foundation, but also on his cardiopulmonary endurance.

His next mma opponents will have no choice but to fight him like Demian Maia fought Woodley, or they will be put to sleep.

Stop saying cardiopulmonary endurance

Whatever mma fighters call boxing, I don't believe is boxing, and I don't think professional boxers will call it boxing.

Most mma punchers punch with a skill set one level above an athletic bar/club fighter. If you watch mma, watch fight analysis, you are coordinated and you go to your local gym and teach yourself "boxing," then you will strike (with your hands) at the same level as the average UFC fighter.

You can teach yourself how to hand strike like Demian Maia did against Tyron Woodley, and that's the average UFC hand striker.

You do realize that the level of boxing your referring to isn't practical I'm MMA, the stance for 1, make it very easy to get single legged or ankle picked, your also very susceptible to front inside leg kicks since boxer keep there weight on their front foot.

Conor MMA fans. Only fans that don't want their favourite fighter to fight in MMA.

After he loses his boxing match, he can return to the UFC and challenge Woodley for the WW title...

Everyone wins...Woodley gets his payday and an opponent to make his fight exciting and Woodley haters get to cheer for an opponent that might actually have a chance to beat him...

but he won't unless he isn't about making money and getting out like he said...

Conor KO's Tony Ferguson, unless Tony uses his fight IQ and takes the fight to the ground as soon as he can.

If Tony thinks his weird striking style is good enough for him to ignore his ground advantage, he will get a rude awakening after he is rekt-n-slept.

Nate Diaz beats Conor. I think Nate threw away the second fight for another pay-day. I don't care what McGregor fans think about this opinion.

Nate is way bigger than Conor though.

You do realize that the level of boxing your referring to isn't practical I'm MMA, the stance for 1, make it very easy to get single legged or ankle picked, your also very susceptible to front inside leg kicks since boxer keep there weight on their front foot.
I don't believe it. MMA is too young for me to believe that the "level of boxing [I'm] referring to isn't practical in MMA."
(1) There is no such a thing as a "boxing stance." As long as you are on your feet, then you are in an acceptable stance. There is no rule that states a fighter must stand a certain way. Watch Muhammad Ali, he didn't have a "stance." He was constantly moving.

(2) Again, Muhammad Ali didn't keep his weight on his front foot. He was constantly moving. Also, the way the average MMA fighter throws the low leg kick, it is mystery to me how they don't get KO'd all the time after throwing that kick. All the opponent has to do is anticipate the kick, absorb it, and come back with a straight counter right down the centre line.

You are just following Brendan Schaub and typical hardcore MMA fan talking points. These talking points are not based on the truth. Boxing doesn't look "practical" because the average UFC fighter can't box. It is as simple as that.

Back