If Conor had no intention of coming back why would he be doing 20 rounds of bjj sparring?

Im not saying he is a coward... Im saying that he is scared to lose the image he has built.

Im not saying he is scared of physical damage. He makes ridiculous amounts of money based of this image.

If he loses his bank account suffers. Also there is shame, status and ego in play.

But i dont think he is scared of the actual fight itself. Just the consequences.
Thing Is, when you actually analyse the fight against Khabib..It is a very tough fight for both guys and a pickem at best.

Most of you guys don't have the experience or fight IQ to actually properly analyse fights though.

I'd suggest talking or listening to people that have a more objective opinion on the matter though.

If Conor had no chance against Khabib then maybe I could understand the horrible logic being spewed here, but the reality Is..It's a pickem fight and the odds will reflect this when the fight Is made.

the logic is simple

he is afraid to be embarrassed. which he most likely will no matter who he fights... his most prominent options are khabib and gsp

he skirrid bruh

And since he doesnt need the money... why would he do it?

I would respectfully disagree with this assertion that he is afraid to be embarassed. I may be from Ireland but far from a McGregor nuthugger and would be borderline fan, less so based on his recent antics which have been disgraceful and far from the humbleness that made him so endearing in the beginning.

How ever I digress - let me state some facts to support my argument that one of McGregors biggest strengths is his lack of fear of failure or embarassment.

1 - His bravado in predictions is part hype part putting immense pressure on himself to succeed knowing the embarassment of being unsuccessful

2 - Never turned down and opponent / style / late replacement / weight class (this is actually pretty ridiculous given the behaviour of most ufc fighters nowadays)

3) Took his loss like a boss - he was humiliated and embarassed with defeat to Diaz and rightly so after the shit he talked, he did his post fight interview in the cage, he did his post fight press conference, he answered every question thrown his way and didnt hide from it (cough Ronda cough)

which leads me to...

4) He demanded an immediate fucking rematch with the bigger guy who just choked him senseless embarrassed and humiliated him in 2 rounds to happen just a few months later!

*Also have you seen his touch butt memes or some of the shit he wears*

McGregor is alot of things, a narcissist, ego maniac, a thug based on recent behaviour

however one thing for certain is a huge key and contributor to his success (as with a lot of successful people) is his lack of fear to fail or be embarassed

I think it is pretty safe to say who it will be now......

16147b665ac61cf94b7bb5be8f4488e6.png

Not only is Khabib considered invincible, which Conor likes (Aldo-Mayweather), but there is more of a real beef/back story than probably any fight in UFC history. The hype will be absolutely unbelievable and you have to strike when the iron is hot, not with the hope that both win their next fights and do it later. I actually love the idea of the little tourney that was mentioned with Conor vs Khabib and the winner takes on GSP vs Nate/Ferguson type deal (tho hopefully TFerg above Nate).
Artem booked on the same card as khabib and the ensuing bus incident would've never happened had Conor / the UFC not planned to fight Khabib from the beginning.

These guys don't have beef, never have. They're all just playing the game, Khabib as well.

Unfortunately not everyone sees It yet or they're content with believing their Irrational illusions, I called it from the moment Artem was booked on the same card as Khabib / tony

Actually you would say a year and a half.

The guy said inactive for years. Didn't specify anything. Just said inactive for years.

His last activity was August last year. So it hasn't even been a year
19 months removed from MMA

8 months (I think) removed from boxing.

There, no more semantics.

With Conor's world class Cardio, he ain't never getting close to 20 rounds. The title is a lie.

Thing Is, when you actually analyse the fight against Khabib..It is a very tough fight for both guys and a pickem at best.

Most of you guys don't have the experience or fight IQ to actually properly analyse fights though.

I'd suggest talking or listening to people that have a more objective opinion on the matter though.

If Conor had no chance against Khabib then maybe I could understand the horrible logic being spewed here, but the reality Is..It's a pickem fight and the odds will reflect this when the fight Is made.

I would respectfully disagree with this assertion that he is afraid to be embarassed. I may be from Ireland but far from a McGregor nuthugger and would be borderline fan, less so based on his recent antics which have been disgraceful and far from the humbleness that made him so endearing in the beginning.

How ever I digress - let me state some facts to support my argument that one of McGregors biggest strengths is his lack of fear of failure or embarassment.

1 - His bravado in predictions is part hype part putting immense pressure on himself to succeed knowing the embarassment of being unsuccessful

2 - Never turned down and opponent / style / late replacement / weight class (this is actually pretty ridiculous given the behaviour of most ufc fighters nowadays)

3) Took his loss like a boss - he was humiliated and embarassed with defeat to Diaz and rightly so after the shit he talked, he did his post fight interview in the cage, he did his post fight press conference, he answered every question thrown his way and didnt hide from it (cough Ronda cough)

which leads me to...

4) He demanded an immediate fucking rematch with the bigger guy who just choked him senseless embarrassed and humiliated him in 2 rounds to happen just a few months later!

*Also have you seen his touch butt memes or some of the shit he wears*

McGregor is alot of things, a narcissist, ego maniac, a thug based on recent behaviour

however one thing for certain is a huge key and contributor to his success (as with a lot of successful people) is his lack of fear to fail or be embarassed

I have no intentions of getting into a deep analysis and argument.

I disagree with your assessments. Im not even going to attempt to change you guys mind. Its a pointless, time consuming exercise.

This is how i see it. I could sit here and explain away why for hours but in the end it wouldnt change you guys opinion either.

So there it is.

Do you know how sports contracts work? Sports stars get what Conor made last year in a span of 7-8 years.

Let’s be real here, that was a one-time event. We still don’t know how much actually went to the UFC either. It’ll be awhile before 2 MMA fighters generate that kind of $ and PPV dales.

Now he probably did make enough to where he never has to fight again. But, that requires living completely the opposite lifestyle as the one he projects out to everyone. Lawyer fees don’t help.

Conor wasn't scared before because he had nothing to lose and everything to gain. But at this point khabib is a stylistic nightmare for him and hes got all this money and all the attention on him so hes got alot to lose by fighting him and getting wrecked so yes hes scared and I don't blame him. If I was him, im not sure but I'd be leaning towards not fighting again either and enjoying my life since I never have to work again.

You said he has been inactive for years. When his last match was less than a year ago. Plain and simple.

You can belittle me all you want. You're a grumpy fool. Pease write me another story.

We are discussing MMA.
Don't try to include a different sport.

Probably after he shuts down his IG account. Until then, if he says "I'm coming back" we'll have 200 threads about how he's really coming back because he said so.

his blind followers will go crazy no matter what he does.

if he says keep calling khabib a fake champ they will.

Actually you would say a year and a half.

The guy said inactive for years. Didn't specify anything. Just said inactive for years.

His last activity was August last year. So it hasn't even been a year

That was a circus act, not an MMA fight.

Did you know that in his whole MMA career he's never defended any title?

this picture was taken seconds after he finished his ''bjj sparring'' had no gas left to continue

I have no intentions of getting into a deep analysis and argument.

I disagree with your assessments. Im not even going to attempt to change you guys mind. Its a pointless, time consuming exercise.

This is how i see it. I could sit here and explain away why for hours but in the end it wouldnt change you guys opinion either.

So there it is.

Its a discussion board, its ok to disagree - but im genuinely intrigued for your reasoning behind why McGregor is afraid to be embarassed?

You spent a 100 words not explaining anything - you dont need to spend hours just give me at least one reason (a bullet point / sentence) where he demonstrated a fear of failure / embarassment anywhere in his career to date?

Because if you cant then your diatribe above just comes off like a cop out i.e. I have no rebuttle or evidence to substantiate a baseless assertion therefore I will bow out claiming moral high ground. - Thats weak and your better than that im sure ;)

Because his BJJ sucks.

His BJJ is far better than you guys like to pretend it is.

Reverses a 2nd degree BJJ black belt:

giphy.gif

Escapes a heel hook from that same 2nd degree BJJ black belt:

giphy.gif

Sweeps another 2nd degree BJJ black belt:

BlankWarmCaecilian.gif

Escapes a guillotine from that same 2nd degree BJJ black belt, who said that would've tapped anyone else:

LegitimateCheerfulHyracotherium.gif

Beats up the best wrestler in the division from guard with elbows:

McGregor-elbows-bottom.gif

Scrambles out from underneath an All American wrestler when he tried to pass, and then escapes a guillotine from a guy whose camp's specialty is guillotines:

56d0bf6031aa1.gif

Passing to full mount on Siver with ease:

720cb99b7cc182f08eaf6cb3af2dd960.gif

Achieving full mount on Holloway not once but twice with ease:

giphy.gif

Passing over into full mount on grappler Dave Hill

Iad12ok.gif

Escaping an armbar from Kywan Gracie Behring in no gi comp:

giphy.gif

Conor's ground game is fine.

Last edited:
He will be back. As soon as the UFC empties all the pockets..

I enjoy Conor's fight but am not exactly on the "Conor bandwagon". That being said, I hope he beats Khabib. It'd be pretty fucking epic and hard to deny. I'm just get mildly bothered when ppl deny Conors achievements. Hes had a pretty damn impressive run. Not perfect certainly, but there are plenty of ppl who act like he's a "d" league fighter.

He’s not D league, he’s actually a really good fighter. He’s not as good as his hype though. A) It’s been proven since he lost to Nate Diaz and b) he’s had some very favorable match-ups for him on the road to the title (his wins over Aldo + Eddie are very legit though).

His antics and persona is all stolen from other guys. It’s pretty lame honestly. I’d be fine if he never uttered a word again and just fought, because that’s all I care about.

With that said, stylistically, those are pretty much the worst fights he could ever take (esp GSP). If he takes them and wins, I’d consider him perhaps one of the best to ever do it. As of right now, he’s nothing but talk.

Back