If Cody Garbrandt loses to Dillashaw again..

Cruz and Dillashaw (albeit he lost that one) are not top fights? Moraes doesn't deserve a title fight/top fight yet, neither dos Rivera or Font. Assuncao maybe has a case.

They are but they have been done already ..Dilly will be second time now .. all the other guys have fights booked now as well except Cruz .. Be nice to see him against the Winner of one of them.. How else will he clean out the division ? by fighting the same guys ?

For now yeah, but dude is 26. Plenty of time and room to improve and ascend to the top again even with another loss.

I don’t understand the cody bashing here. He was 10 seconds away from stopping dillashaw. Ufc is giving him an immediate rematch because there’s tons of drama to hype this fight up with, and the staredowns and fight itself are going to be intense.

How did this dude get a rematch in the first place? He literally didn't even defend his title and has only beat 1 fighter in the top 10.

Last time he almost won.

He underestimated Dillashaws ability to recover and dropped his guard.

If he remains focused 100%, till the fight actually ends, he will win this time.

Cody is/should be the favorite.

Cruz could beat him.

Only 1 round had the same score by 3 judges. I would have given it to Cruz based on the dancing and total distance traveled backward by Cody.

giphy.gif

C0_DSkIWQAApdI9.jpg

Last edited:
If he gets KO'd again the UFC has pretty much fucked his career and he's only 26.
TJ's also 32, so he's nearing his way out unless he becomes a Faber or Edgar. Cody is a big part of BW's future

A second ko loss to TJ will wreck him mentally, then he keeps losing

He'll never be champion again as long as TJ is in the division so I think he should try to move down, I can see him beating MM. He's said he can make 125 before too.

I give Dodson a shot at beating Garbrandt.

Uhh,Cruz?And i'm Dom's fan B T W.

Uhhhh, Cruz?

Employ a take down heavy offensive strategy, did he?

Spam takedowns the entire fight, did he?

Keep cogar off balance with the threat of the takedown, did he?

Cruz could beat him.

Only 1 round had the same score by 3 judges. I would have given it to Cruz based on the dancing and total distance traveled backward by Cody.

giphy.gif

C0_DSkIWQAApdI9.jpg
This must be a joke .... you watched the fight and had Cruz winning?

I give Dodson a shot at beating Garbrandt.
Agree.... not to say Dodson would win, but I give him the best shot outside of TJ.

To the folks saying Cody can’t fight a wrestler, there’s no evidence to say he can or can’t, so we can’t assume that’s a weakness. He trains with Chad Mendes and Urijah faber, and his coaches are Chris Holdsworth and Danny Castillo. I can’t imagine he would be surprised by a wrestler.

Tj will provide a blue print as to how to beat him.

Tj will make it look easy.

and I don’t recall cogar fighting a great wrestler.

Between tj wrecking him and his possible weakness to wrestlers, he will be in bellator within a year.

Garbrandt was a state champion wrestler as a freshman in high school. He could have been a D-1 wrestler but went straight into mma training full time.

He had success wrestling against, Cruz, no? Or at least preventing Cruz from taking him down. I think he's probably a better wrestler than Dillashaw, but maybe this question will be answered soon.

Continue hating if you will, but your assessment of his wrestling game is very far off. It's like saying Gaethje is a terrible wrestler because you don't see him use it much. Similar situation here, but Cody is one of the best wrestlers in the division.

As to the thread topic? I think Moraes, Rivera, and of course TJ are threats to him. He may be able to handle them all. LOL at sherdoggers continuing to push this narrative that the Cruz fight was close.

I think if he loses again he just drops to 125. Dumb rematch, though.

Back