If Cody Garbrandt loses to Dillashaw again..

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Is he the clear No.2 in the division?

Are there any other bantamweights not named Dillashaw that beat him?

1) Cody Garbrandt
2) Dominick Cruz - Garbrandt wins again
3) Raphael Assuncao - Garbrandt by ko
4) Jimmie Rivera - Garbrandt by decision
5) Marlon Moraes - Garbrandt by ko
6) John Lineker - Garbrandt by decision
7) John Dodson - Garbrandt by decision
8) Aljamain Sterling - Garbrandt by ko. Probably Garbrandt's easiest fight
9) Brian Caraway - Garbrandt tko
10) Pedro Munhoz - Garbrandt by tko
11) Cody Stamann - Garbrandt by decision
12) Rob Font - Garbrandt by tko
13) Thomas Almeida - Garbrandt by ko again
14) Brett Johns - Garbrandt's second easiest fight. Garbrandt by ko
15) Eddie Wineland - Garbrandt's third easiest fight. Garbrandt by ko

Do any of the top 15 beat him?

Cruz, Assuncao, Rivera, Moraes could all beat him IMO.

If he gets KO'd again the UFC has pretty much fucked his career and he's only 26.

is someone a No Love fan ??

We'll see what Assuncao looks like against Font but both of them would give him hell .. I favorite Assuncao tho

so Assuncao, Rivera, Moraes, Font are all legit threats .. I think that's why he ducked them <6>

If Cody loses I truly hope he drops to 125 like he said he could and go fuck with DJ !! Same for TJ

If he gets KO'd again the UFC has pretty much fucked his career and he's only 26.
Yeah, he will be in a tough decision. Unless Cruz somehow becomes champion again, it will be a long wait to get another challenge at TJ.

is someone a No Love fan ??

We'll see what Assuncao looks like against Font but both of them would give him hell .. I favorite Assuncao tho

so Assuncao, Rivera, Moraes, Font are all legit threats .. I think that's why he ducked them <6>

If Cody loses I truly hope he drops to 125 like he said he could and go fuck with DJ !! Same for TJ
Yeah, sure. I am a fan. But I think he is clearly the second best in the division if he loses to TJ again. His boxing speed, technique and power are easily the best at BW. TJ is a more well-rounded striker, but Cody has the best hands by quite a wide margin.

Jean Claude rattled that cage. His chin is shot and another KO will further erode his mental game and fighting IQ.

cruz vs cody was actually more competitive than i thought

cruz could beat him still i think, every1 else i think he beats.

Yeah, sure. I am a fan. But I think he is clearly the second best in the division if he loses to TJ again. His boxing speed, technique and power are easily the best at BW. TJ is a more well-rounded striker, but Cody has the best hands by quite a wide margin.

How can he be clearly if he hasn't fought the "top" guys ? He said he would clean the division but didn't want no part of any of those guys mentioned earlier .. He wont even speak their name because he knows whats up ..

He drops his hands quite frequently .. After he fights TJ I hope he drops down and chases MM .. but Ill still be happy seeing him fight those guys .. Not interested in dragging out a cruz rematch either .. see what he has against them .. then maybe we can clearly call him something

Moraes most likely lays cody out, hes a hard hitter and pretty fast. Cody got lucky against a frustrated dom cruz.

Then we can hope to see Cody vs. Gathje in a catchweight live televised murder match, for their retirement.

How can he be clearly if he hasn't fought the "top" guys ? He said he would clean the division but didn't want no part of any of those guys mentioned earlier .. He wont even speak their name because he knows whats up ..

He drops his hands quite frequently .. After he fights TJ I hope he drops down and chases MM .. but Ill still be happy seeing him fight those guys .. Not interested in dragging out a cruz rematch either .. see what he has against them .. then maybe we can clearly call him something
Cruz and Dillashaw (albeit he lost that one) are not top fights? Moraes doesn't deserve a title fight/top fight yet, neither dos Rivera or Font. Assuncao maybe has a case.

There's plenty that can beat him. I'd pick Raphael, Jimmie, Lineker, and Moraes to beat him. I've been saying for over a year that Lineker would sleep him inside 2. Also Cruz was beating him comfortably until he kept throwing those low kicks and getting countered. That huge gash didn't help either, I think now that Cody has shown so many holes in his game Cruz would win the rematch.

Tj will provide a blue print as to how to beat him.

Tj will make it look easy.

and I don’t recall cogar fighting a great wrestler.

Between tj wrecking him and his possible weakness to wrestlers, he will be in bellator within a year.

Cody is gonna lose.

and i think he barely breaks .500 against the the top10 guys.

FFS he only has what 1 or 2 top10 wins in his career.

i dont get how he is getting a rematch to begin with and i wont pay for it.

This is news to me. So he’s getting an immediate rematch?

Cruz and Dillashaw (albeit he lost that one) are not top fights? Moraes doesn't deserve a title fight/top fight yet, neither dos Rivera or Font. Assuncao maybe has a case.

Rivera has a much better resume at this point than Garbrandt did when he got a shot. You're being a little biased to say he doesn't deserve a title fight.

Back