I wear two watches and I need YOUR help

Cherry Brigand

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Yes. It looks as cool as it sounds.

On my left: Fitbit. Have been using fitbits for years. Build quality is trash, but it is laser-accurate when tracking sleep. HR , calories and steps not so much. Used to do weekly challenges with my bros, but Google has deprecated all that functionality and fitbit is basically dying/dead.

On my right: Garmin. The GPS, HR and steps are incredibly accurate. The Sleep not so much. I bought this when I was running seriously, but have been battling injuries for 3 years now. I am hopeful to return to some light running by end of Q1 next year. I still use it to track all my walking.

So, when these two bite the dust what should I consolidate into?

Are Apple watches accurate on the metrics? Any drawbacks besides price and looking like a doosh when I wear one? Also, Siri seems to turn on by itself all the time for people in my office who have them?

Get a higher end garmin? Something else? Price point would be 500 or less.

Talk to me bros.

You should trade those monstrosities in and get yourself a single Movado like a grownup…

i love my apple watch, gives me a graph of my heart rate over the day and stuff which is interesting

I have a fenix 6x pro. Love it. If you're serious about running or other sports get the Fenix or Epix line. There's other options a little cheaper in the Garmin range which are nearly as good but don't have as many features. Garmin has regular sales where you can get watches at around half price.

I really prefer the look of a classic timepiece, but have had an Apple Watch for a year and love it. I added a titanium band because I hate the rubber-looking one.

So, when these two bite the dust what should I consolidate into?

giphy.gif

Are Apple watches accurate on the metrics? Any drawbacks besides price and looking like a doosh when I wear one? Also, Siri seems to turn on by itself all the time for people in my office who have them?

If I were you, I'd look up some YouTube reviews of Apple watches and consider buying a used model to compare to what you already have.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and its heartrate monitor is godawful. I'm considering picking up something to replace it if its accurate.

I'd go to costco and buy every option they have and test em all out. keep the best return the others

I stopped wearing my fitbit after going through 3 of them in a year. Made like shit. As for time, I use the sun.

Watches- Muhle glashutte SAR Rescue timer, Bell & Ross BR-01, Hamilton Khaki all black as seen in the movie the Martian, Damasko DA43
View attachment 1013611
on a more serious note, if you do decide to go traditional watch there are a lot of great options, both mechanical or quartz that you can get for $500 or under. Citizen, Seiko, Tissot, and smaller independent brands all put out some impressive stuff that will actually look grown up if you go to a wedding or funeral or formal type stuff

ewww thats not watches.
Get a mechanical one like a baws

I got into mechanical watches for a bit, but discovered we went to quartz movement for a reason.

Mayberry… where overpriced status symbols are of more value than reasonably priced fitness trackers.

Watch? That's why I have an iPhone 37

I got into mechanical watches for a bit, but discovered we went to quartz movement for a reason.

because its cheap and easy to mass produce.
Automatic is the thing to get.

Back