I want to understand heroin addiction..

Any heroin addicts or former heroin addicts here? How strong is the pull to do heroin? Is it the same pull as for instance wanting to masturbate? Cause i can't go more than 2-3 days without it tops. Is that how heroin addiction feels like?
I saw this crazy thread on reddit about a guy who documented trying heroin for the first time on a whim. He thought he wouldnt get addicted despite former users warning him. He ends up ODing twice get something a couple months later and ends up in rehab. All throughout this he comes back periodically to update his story. Check it out. Could be fake obviously but thats for you to judge.

I once got admitted to the hospital for a kidney stone and they gave me Dilaudid. It was then that I understood how difficult being an addict is. While admitted I faked pain 2-3 times to get more. Haven't had any since, but that rush is amazing.

two out of two heroin addicts I knew died from it. Thats not good odds.

Any heroin addicts or former heroin addicts here? How strong is the pull to do heroin? Is it the same pull as for instance wanting to masturbate? Cause i can't go more than 2-3 days without it tops. Is that how heroin addiction feels like?
How the fuck can you go two or three days without rubbing one out?? After 24 hours without, a slight breeze will get me hard. I simply would not be able to function properly if I hit three days.

I'll never understand heroin addiction. You have to have nothing going on in your life to go down that road. People want instant happiness and something great in their life but many aren't willing to work hard to get it. I'd rather hike at a waterfall then sit in a dim room jamming a needle in my arm. I have sympathy for anyone foolish enough to try heroin and get hooked.

My cousin’s husband was a heroin addict and got clean before they married. It’s been probably about 25 years he’s been good now. I even designed a tattoo for him at his request of St. Michael slaying the devil, that he got on his arm.

I saw this crazy thread on reddit about a guy who documented trying heroin for the first time on a whim. He thought he wouldnt get addicted despite former users warning him. He ends up ODing twice get something a couple months later and ends up in rehab. All throughout this he comes back periodically to update his story. Check it out. Could be fake obviously but thats for you to judge.
Link?

I'll never understand heroin addiction. You have to have nothing going on in your life to go down that road. People want instant happiness and something great in their life but many aren't willing to work hard to get it. I'd rather hike at a waterfall then sit in a dim room jamming a needle in my arm. I have sympathy for anyone foolish enough to try heroin and get hooked.

A lot of people that get a serious injury get addicted to pain-killers because of their treatment.

After they lose access to said pain-killers, many people turn to heroin since it's in the same class of opioids and they develop a neurochemical dependency on upper drugs.

Don't do heroin. I literally am fine with you doing any other addictive drug, as most of them are vastly over-stigmatized. For instance, meth isn't nearly as addictive, destructive, or dangerous as the media may portray. Heroin, however, is. It's poison and if you become addicted to it, there's a good chance you will die from it.
Interesting because I've heard the exact opposite. Although heroin is extremely addictive and a hot dose can kill, it doesn't cause the level of physical and mental deterioration that meth causes. Like with heroin you have somewhat of a shot to get back to normal without long term effects whereas with meth it is pretty easy to majorly hit a point of no return in terms of damage to the body.

How the fuck can you go two or three days without rubbing one out?? After 24 hours without, a slight breeze will get me hard. I simply would not be able to function properly if I hit three days.
I'm 35 now and I can go a little longer these days without cumming, but when I was in my teens and 20's if I did not get off in some way on a daily basis I would not be able to focus on even the simplest of tasks. It was so bad that it was fucking with my relationships. Being that horny is a serious detriment.

Interesting because I've heard the exact opposite. Although heroin is extremely addictive and a hot dose can kill, it doesn't cause the level of physical and mental deterioration that meth causes. Like with heroin you have somewhat of a shot to get back to normal whereas with meth it is pretty easy to majorly hit a point of no return.

You have heard completely wrong, my friend. Meth was originally, and still a considerably degree still, used by white housewives and Ivy League students as an underground stimulant. Chemically, it's just a cheaper/homegrown version of cocaine or adderol.

While it can be derived from caustic chemicals, so are most things we consume such as tobacco, vaccines, etc. But the entire narrative about it rotting your teeth and turning you into a zombie is all propaganda similar to what was spread against cocaine and heroin in previous decades. In actuality, meth is just a lower class amphetamine. Just like crack is a lower class cocaine.

Heroin on the other hand is an insanely purified version of the most deadly and addictive organic substance known to man. While it's rare for anyone to overdose on meth or cocaine, opium overdoses are extremely common (hence the "opium epidemic" that was recently declared).

As far as "mental deterioration" goes, I don't think either are particularly harmful. Whippets and such are worse for your long term intellect than either of them. But heroin is BY FAR the most deadly.

Interesting because I've heard the exact opposite. Although heroin is extremely addictive and a hot dose can kill, it doesn't cause the level of physical and mental deterioration that meth causes. Like with heroin you have somewhat of a shot to get back to normal without long term effects whereas with meth it is pretty easy to majorly hit a point of no return in terms of damage to the body.

I'm 35 now and I can go a little longer these days without cumming, but when I was in my teens and 20's if I did not get off in some way on a daily basis I would not be able to focus on even the simplest of tasks. It was so bad that it was fucking with my relationships. Being that horny is a serious detriment.

But don't do PCP either. Heroin and PCP are the two no-no's as far as drugs go imo. PCP isn't super addictive or prone to overdose, but it can make you do very bad things. Kind of like what I have heard about bath salts, but I'm not informed about those at all and cannot really speculate about it.

Back