I want to understand heroin addiction..

DamasR

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any heroin addicts or former heroin addicts here? How strong is the pull to do heroin? Is it the same pull as for instance wanting to masturbate? Cause i can't go more than 2-3 days without it tops. Is that how heroin addiction feels like?

Starting doing heroine. Only then will you understand, my child.

The dopamine response is orders of magnitude greater with dope than it is with an orgasm. Or so I've been led to believe.

If you do it enough you will go into withdrawal where you have what can be described as a bad dose of the flu after 12 to 18 hours of not using. Ex user myself, the junkie life sucks but oh how I miss being on cloud 9 after a hit. Nothing better in the world

than grab a needle and start poking veins mother fucker

Any heroin addicts or former heroin addicts here? How strong is the pull to do heroin? Is it the same pull as for instance wanting to masturbate? Cause i can't go more than 2-3 days without it tops. Is that how heroin addiction feels like?
no, heroin addiction is nothing like that- what you describe is more like a weed or cocaine habit. With heroin (or any opiate), addiction changes you metabolically so that your body NEEDS it or you suffer horrific physical pain and intense mental anxiety. It's like requiring an additional necessity alongside food, water and air.

I was an addict in my late teens and early 20's and I haven't touched it in over 15 years.

no, heroin addiction is nothing like that- what you describe is more like a weed or cocaine habit. With heroin (or any opiate), addiction changes you metabolically so that your body NEEDS it or you suffer horrific physical pain and intense mental anxiety. It's like requiring an additional necessity alongside food, water and air.

I was an addict in my late teens and early 20's and I haven't touched it in over 15 years.
good on you for staying clean.

Ive done heroin a couple times and I just don't get it

Makes me sick, and itchy.

I like taking Vicodin but oxy and heroin is just too hard for me.

Back