I want to understand heroin addiction..

good on you for staying clean.
thanks, but honestly only the first few years were a "struggle". It got easy when I replaced it with lifting and muay thai. Got obsessive about adding pounds to my lifts and that became a new addiction to revolve my life around.

Thats the most important thing for anyone who wants to quit- you need to fill that gap with something as time consuming and obsessive to structure your life.

Ive done heroin a couple times and I just don't get it

Makes me sick, and itchy.

I like taking Vicodin but oxy and heroin is just too hard for me.
consider yourself lucky. Some react with unpleasant nausea while others get a warm euphoria that makes them feel like they're returning to the womb.

consider yourself lucky. Some react with unpleasant nausea while others get a warm euphoria that makes them feel like they're returning to the womb.
I mean I felt that too. I get sick for like the entire day after

thanks, but honestly only the first few years were a "struggle". It got easy when I replaced it with lifting and muay thai. Got obsessive about adding pounds to my lifts and that became a new addiction to revolve my life around.

Thats the most important thing for anyone who wants to quit- you need to fill that gap with something as time consuming and obsessive to structure your life.
yeah....ive just seen my cousin go through addiction most of my life. he has been clean several times. some of those times have been for several years. he always seems to revert back to hanging around the wrong people, doing the wrong things, and getting back into drugs.

Growing up I heard over and over again that heroin is a drug that can get you addicted instantly and/or can kill you at at any time (hot shot). Was enough to scare me off, I don’t care how good of a high it is. Actually, hearing how nice the felt scared me also. I stuck to weed and alcohol, shit that I have a love hate relationship with so I don’t get addicted.

yeah....ive just seen my cousin go through addiction most of my life. he has been clean several times. some of those times have been for several years. he always seems to revert back to hanging around the wrong people, doing the wrong things, and getting back into drugs.
the only people who make it out are those willing to COMPLETELY ditch the social circle they got high with. Not easy if you dont have the luxury of moving out of your environment.

doing a heroine is probably a lot safer than doing heroin.
ghostbusters-lattrice-leslie-jones-chiude-con-il-suo-account-twitter-dopo-gli-attacchi-a-sfondo-razzista.jpg.cf.jpg

Heroin for me. Thank you.

I think with anything replacing the habit with another one goes a long way. I originally quit smoking by doing martial arts, although I haven’t done martial arts in two years now and I still have a couple of smokes every now and then, and I picked up guitar to lessen my drinking, so now instead of drinking every night I’m a lousy guitar player who drinks maybe twice a week.

no, heroin addiction is nothing like that- what you describe is more like a weed or cocaine habit. With heroin (or any opiate), addiction changes you metabolically so that your body NEEDS it or you suffer horrific physical pain and intense mental anxiety. It's like requiring an additional necessity alongside food, water and air.

I was an addict in my late teens and early 20's and I haven't touched it in over 15 years.
And yet every day you feel the need for it clawing at the back of your mind trying to get out.

I think with anything replacing the habit with another one goes a long way. I originally quit smoking by doing martial arts, although I haven’t done martial arts in two years now and I still have a couple of smokes every now and then, and I picked up guitar to lessen my drinking, so now instead of drinking every night I’m a lousy guitar player who drinks maybe twice a week.

The same is found with mice. Mice that didn't have stuff to do were many times more likely to be addicts. If you got other stuff to do that is enjoyable or more specifially causes dopamine to be released, the less of a reason you need drugs.

In my opinion, you should avoid most things that are too good. Heroin ducks up your brain because it is too good. You can't get your brain to dump dopamine with any activity like you can with drugs.

I'e never done it. I've lit a crack pipe for a buddy driving, and I have went and picked up some junk with other biddies and watched them with their shaky hands shoot up, but I never wanted to do either.

My weird loser half brother gave me crank when he came out of the navy a junkie.. I was just short of 16 years old. Felt like I was going to die coming down. I hope he understands why I don't really like him that much.

Any heroin addicts or former heroin addicts here? How strong is the pull to do heroin? Is it the same pull as for instance wanting to masturbate? Cause i can't go more than 2-3 days without it tops. Is that how heroin addiction feels like?

I once saw a woman who's young child died earlier in the day. She was obviously extremely depressed like any parent would be in that situation. She bought some heroin, did it and 3 minutes later she was dancing, twirling and singing songs.

Basically what it comes down to is that it feels really really good. It takes all your problems away for the time being.

I once saw a woman who's young child died earlier in the day. She was obviously extremely depressed like any parent would be in that situation. She bought some heroin, did it and 3 minutes later she was dancing, twirling and singing songs.

Basically what it comes down to is that it feels really really good. It takes all your problems away for the time being.

i thought it was one big orgasm feeling and u sorta faint like when you had your first orgasm..

The only thing I have to say about heroin is "Never again."

<{dayum}>

i thought it was one big orgasm feeling and u sorta faint like when you had your first orgasm..

Some people will just sit and lay back. Effects everyone different except for the feeling good part.

I’ve only done heroin based ecstasy, and that’s enough for me.

Buddy of mine died after snorting some heroin. I’m good on all that nonsense.

Back