'I took it easy because brain damage happens. Conor is still young.' - Mayweather

Um... He actually didn't... Well maybe Canelo, but he couldn't do a thing from the get go.

Also... That was Floyd during his better years.

Not sure you understand the concept of strategy. Floyd usually takes rounds off to scan his opponent. It's not that he can't do a thing, it's just that he wants to make sure he is as strong and as effective as possible in latter rounds. He wants to minimize the risk. It's smart and it works. It's his decision to fight like that. It's not that his opponents are too skilled for him. They aren't. If they were, they wouldn't lose.

Conor landed 3 clean punches in 30 minutes of fighting.

I mean, if you want to say that's an accomplishment go for it.
But everyone says Pacquiao was absolutely brutalized in his fight with Mayweather, and he landed a ton more shots on Floyd than Conor did.

image.gif

wS34IZ.gif

tumblr_nnrajn4Xtq1rofocqo1_400.gif

JaZbnk2.gif

5fb1a8.gif
Pacquiao is u know ... A champion boxer mudasukka!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pacquiao is u know ... A champion boxer mudasukka!!!!!!!!!!!!
And people, still to this day, say he got his ass whooped badly... despite doing better than Conor.
What's say that about how well Conor actually did?

If people want to say Conor did ok for a non-boxer. Sure, go nuts.
But Conor didn't actually do well in that fight. At all.

At no point did Floyd throw haymaker finishing KO punches. Conor was still on his feet when the fight was stopped.

He went forward and threw clean shot after clean shot on a fatigued, basically defenseless Conor. He wasn't literally knocking him out no matter what he hit him with, he probably can't do that to anyone anymore. And a lot of fights end on the feet regardless of what kind of shots people are getting hit with, so that's a moot point.

Not sure you understand the concept of strategy. Floyd usually takes rounds off to scan his opponent. It's not that he can't do a thing, it's just that he wants to make sure he is as strong and as effective as possible in latter rounds. He wants to minimize the risk. It's smart and it works. It's his decision to fight like that. It's not that his opponents are too skilled for him. They aren't. If they were, they wouldn't lose.
Yeah I know that, but also does it to read his opponents' movements and faults. The guy was saying that Floyd didn't lose his early rounds to Cotto, DLH, and Maidana among others. Which is absolutely not true.

Because he said before the fight he owes the fans a finish.

If he would have went to a decision you'd be sitting on your computer writing about how he didn't stop him like he said he was going to.

The concept of Floyd feeling he "owes" anyone anything is so foreign I'm surprised even his army of flomos buy into it.

If he cared so delicately about another fighter's brain condition, it just seems he wouldn't press forward looking for a stoppage at all. That was his justification his entire career for why he fought safe and cautious - "I care more about my health than entertaining the fans."

Good to see Colin fans still delusional as ever.

My fav part is how they try make out like Floyd is in his prime.

Conor got finished by a 40 year old man.

Deal
With
It

as a long time boxing fan / student..I'd say conor fought well. He deserves his respect, which most of the actual community outside of Paulie is giving him,

Floyd definitely took his time, felt out his opponent and figured out his style for the first few rounds..as he often does and what we expected him to do. All while sniping the body / sapping his cardio.

Floyd Isn't the type to just allow himself to take punches, no matter who they're from. Conor did legitimately land a few shots and did pretty decently the first few rounds.

I don't love or hate conor but the hate towards him on these forums Is just irrational stupidity. He stepped up and fought one of the greatest boxers to ever do It, risked brain damage and did better than expected. People call It a cash grab but It takes balls to step In there and box.

Give the man his props

I disagree. Floyd never walks people down - he had a lot less respect for getting punched than he ever has shown in the past and looked like he was half-assing a sparring session. That's the only reason Conor looked halfway decent.

Not saying Conor doesn't deserve respect for getting in there, but if you've ever watched Floyd Mayweather fight, especially against other championship caliber boxers, the only conclusion that can be drawn is that Floyd could've made Conor look a lot more foolish, which would in turn make his 50-0 look even more farcical than it was.

Floyd was studying Conor's unknown movement and letting him punch himself out. Brilliant strategy from a brilliant fighter. Too bad not everyone can understand this. Conor won zero rounds on his own merit. Floyd gave him those rounds by barely throwing anything.

Too bad you don't understand a joke.

Money is merciful.

Huge fan of Conor, i don´t think Mayweather as gone that easy with Conor but it obvious that he carried him.

But like i say many times, Conor is the best in ufc, a gay like Aldo or Alvarez will make Floyd fight only with one hand to make entertainment, its simply that boxing is much more evolved in striking.

Jesus christ, another excuse as to why an 0-0 boxer went in there with the GOAT and did better than anyone expected and even outboxed for a while. Conor lost, he should be the one with all the excuses. But all I'm hearing is, He's 40, hasn't fought in two years, carried, bet on 9 and half rounds, (no proof.) Every day another excuse.

Floyd, in this case, isn't talking about the entire fight, however. He's talking about the 10th round when he was teeing off, and why Conor didn't drop, as if Floyd didn't everything he could in that moment to drop him.

"outboxed"? dude .... floyd didnt even try to outbox him. he acutally didnt box
{<jordan}

Will never stop being funny.
In all my years watching fights I've never seen a better or more clear example of one contestant not giving the slightest shit about the other's power.
It wasn't that Floyd didn't give a shit, he just had no response for McGregor's speed and his untelegraphed way of throwing jabs. He was very, very lucky that it was only a feint.

The concept of Floyd feeling he "owes" anyone anything is so foreign I'm surprised even his army of flomos buy into it.

If he cared so delicately about another fighter's brain condition, it just seems he wouldn't press forward looking for a stoppage at all. That was his justification his entire career for why he fought safe and cautious - "I care more about my health than entertaining the fans."
I'm sure you personally know Mayweather behind the scenes.

lol Then why not take it to one of your usual boring decisions then? Took it easy, my ass. You went all in once you felt Conor was faded enough and you got the TKO.
Floyd went light on him, glorified sparring match.
If you really watched him fight before youd know hes a nasty guy in the ring.

I'm far from a hater, I call it like I see it. McGregor talked all of this shit and it backfired, horribly. That's what happens when you have a bunch of yes men gassing you up. You believe you can do anything with ease.
I'm far from a hater, I call it like I see it. McGregor talked all of this shit and it backfired, horribly. That's what happens when you have a bunch of yes men gassing you up. You believe you can do anything with ease.
I would suggest to you, to start taking things a little less seriously In this realm. This is the entertainment Industry my friend .

That said, people like you are what keep the wheels spinning.

Nothing new

Conor has no chance against any decent boxer, this was just for $$$
Floyd enjoyed fucking the ufc over, and seeing Dana pimp Conor for $.
Dana made $$$$$$ and he didn't even do shit.

At least Conor fans can still pretend that Conor made 100m when he was the Z side in this deal
{<jordan}

Will never stop being funny.
In all my years watching fights I've never seen a better or more clear example of one contestant not giving the slightest shit about the other's power.

He was measuring distance, it wasn't a punch..

Back