I think Adesanya vs Whittaker III should be next

Adamant__

More Blood, More Tracks
@Brown
Reaction score
Their second fight was very close and I don't see anyone else. Dricus doesn't deserve it yet. Chimaev absolutely doesn't. And they don't want to do the trilogy with Alex. They're both in their primes. I think this would be great.

1370028010.0.jpg

Adesanya should rematch Jan at 185 and Whittaker should fight Pereira if he stays at 185.

Blachowicz was just trolling talking about going to 185, he'd have to become a marathon runner to make championship weight. Not to mention it's very likely the UFC would have zero interest in the fight even if Jan could make it safely.

Blachowicz was just trolling talking about going to 185, he'd have to become a marathon runner to make championship weight. Not to mention it's very likely the UFC would have zero interest in the fight even if Jan could make it safely.

Jan at 185:

He said it, not me, Iol.

It’s amazing that people dont think Chimaev deserves it cause he hasn’t fought anyone at 185, then in the same sentence they say Izzy should fight Jan LOL

Izzy fans just want an easy fight, hence they desperate for Jan or Whittaker

I think over the course of the next few events, but before the end of 2023, the UFC needs to have a semi MW tournament. set up all the top dogs, top ten against each other. the ones that look the best in their victories are the ones you choose for another title shot. you stack these cards up before the end of 2023 for a potential showdown with izzy at the end of 2023. throw in Jan at 185 against someone too, just for shits and giggles. from there you will have a much clearer picture of who is worthy enough of challenging izzy for his title. that is the only logical way to find a contender, one that looks good in victory, and one they can promote/build a title fight behind. they need to set up the MW fights that have not happened yet, and preferably do them all on the same card. this is the MWs ticket to title contention. any other way is stupid.

Adesanya should rematch Jan at 185 and Whittaker should fight Pereira if he stays at 185.
Good call. These would be both the most exciting and most logical match ups. Pereira staying at MW is the best thing that could happen to Whittaker right now. Win or lose vs Pereira, he can still have a rematch and title shot with Adesanya afterwards.

it sucks izzy is up 2-0 vs whittaker. i felt bobby knucklez should have got the decision in the second fight which would make the argument for the trilogy much more compelling.

personally i wanna see the third fight between them anyway. bobby knucklez is clearly the second best fighter in the mw division right now, perhaps best. since losing the title originally to izzy robert has beaten till, cannonier, gastelum and vettori. till and gastelum were still top fighters in the division at that time bobby knucklez beat them.

the trilogy fight should be made, and better sooner than later. whittaker has already beaten all the other contenders and will keep derailing fighters from reaching the title shot.

It’s amazing that people dont think Chimaev deserves it cause he hasn’t fought anyone at 185, then in the same sentence they say Izzy should fight Jan LOL

Izzy fans just want an easy fight, hence they desperate for Jan or Whittaker
When did I say Izzy should fight Jan? Substance said that lol.
Whittaker almost beat Izzy the last time. That's not an easy fight at all.

it sucks izzy is up 2-0 vs whittaker. i felt bobby knucklez should have got the decision in the second fight which would make the argument for the trilogy much more compelling.

personally i wanna see the third fight between them anyway. bobby knucklez is clearly the second best fighter in the mw division right now, perhaps best. since losing the title originally to izzy robert has beaten till, cannonier, gastelum and vettori. till and gastelum were still top fighters in the division at that time bobby knucklez beat them.

the trilogy fight should be made, and better sooner than later. whittaker has already beaten all the other contenders and will keep derailing fighters from reaching the title shot.
Ye, kinda like Max vs Volk.

So he should have a trilogy against the guy who is 0-2 against him?

But not have a trilogy against the guy he is 1-1 with? (1-3 in all combat sports)

<{vega}>
UFC doesn't want to do it bro lol. Adesanya also doesn't want it. They want Alex to beat some contenders first.

UFC doesn't want to do it bro lol. Adesanya also doesn't want it. They want Alex to beat some contenders first.
I don't believe it.

The UFC will go where the money is and Alex 3 is by far the biggest fight.

The only person who doesn't want it is Izzy and his fans and he's going to get called out.

Rob did well in the last fight, but can't replicate the edge of your seat feels that Pereira brings
Ye, Izzy was just content to outpoint Whittaker. Whittaker was so gun-shy, he spammed that left hand lol. But he had to fight that way because of Izzy's counter abilities and also reach difference.

When did I say Izzy should fight Jan? Substance said that lol.
Whittaker almost beat Izzy the last time. That's not an easy fight at all.

Whittaker 3 is an easy fight. Izzy wins that all day long and he’s beaten him 2 times already. It would be an absolute waste of time.

The khamzat fight or trilogy fight with Alex is much more harder to call and that’s why izzy fans are desperate not to see it happen

Do Whittaker/DDP as a number one contender bout for June/July, Whittaker has been ready to go along with wanting to be active and possibly getting another win under his belt will help generate interest in this bout.

The UFC might avoid that and just do Izzy/DDP since it's a fresh matchup, there's no one else Izzy hasn't beaten yet in the top five and DDP is the highest ranked guy coming off a winstreak. It'll sell well and might be a great headliner for the UFC Africa card they're planning on doing.

I really don't know what to do with Whittaker, just match him with any top ten guy coming off a win at this point to keep him busy since the UFC aren't giving him a title fight next IMO.
If he wins then we'll see what happens, MW is slim pickings right now in terms of who will be the next title contender so it's not out of this realm that he gets another shot.

Whittaker 3 is an easy fight. Izzy wins that all day long and he’s beaten him 2 times already. It would be an absolute waste of time.

The khamzat fight or trilogy fight with Alex is much more harder to call and that’s why izzy fans are desperate not to see it happen
I would favor Izzy in the trilogy against Alex. Alex is 35 and got brutally knocked out. Gonna be 36 by the time they fight and another massive weight cut. I don't think that would be good for Alex's health. I think Whittaker fight is more compelling.

Also lol people want to see Izzy lose, that's why they want to see Khamzat fight him. Good stylistic match up for Khamzat but he didn't earn it. If he beats Costa, then ye book him vs Izzy. But right now, I definitely don't wanna see that. Beating Burns at WW doesn't get you a title shot at MW.

Do Whittaker/DDP as a number one contender bout for June/July, Whittaker has been ready to go along with wanting to be active and possibly getting another win under his belt will help generate interest in this bout.

The UFC might avoid that and just do Izzy/DDP since it's a fresh matchup, there's no one else Izzy hasn't beaten yet in the top five and DDP is the highest ranked guy coming off a winstreak. It'll sell well and might be a great headliner for the UFC Africa card they're planning on doing.

I really don't know what to do with Whittaker, just match him with any top ten guy coming off a win at this point to keep him busy since the UFC aren't giving him a title fight next IMO.
If he wins then we'll see what happens, MW is slim pickings right now in terms of who will be the next title contender so it's not out of this realm that he gets another shot.
If you want to do Izzy vs DDP, then definitely don't book DDP against Whittaker. Whittaker would do bad things to DDP lol.

Whittaker is like Max. They're super talented and beat everybody else except that one guy. Really sad.

Back