I think Adesanya vs Whittaker III should be next

I would favor Izzy in the trilogy against Alex. Alex is 35 and got brutally knocked out. Gonna be 36 by the time they fight and another massive weight cut. I don't think that would be good for Alex's health. I think Whittaker fight is more compelling.

Also lol people want to see Izzy lose, that's why they want to see Khamzat fight him. Good stylistic match up for Khamzat but he didn't earn it. If he beats Costa, then ye book him vs Izzy. But right now, I definitely don't wanna see that. Beating Burns at WW doesn't get you a title shot at MW.

Well at least you admitted you don’t want to see the Khamzat fight cause you know he beats Izzy. Izzy fans know what happens when the wolf turns up

Well at least you admitted you don’t want to see the Khamzat fight cause you know he beats Izzy. Izzy fans know what happens when the wolf turns up
I don't wanna see Khamzat vs Izzy because Khamzat didn't earn it lol. If he beats Costa, I definitely would like to see that. I don't mind Izzy but I'm not a fan.

Also, I don't think it's a super easy fight for Khamzat at all. It's a good stylistic match up but Adesanya is more proven and we didn't see Khamzat against the 185 elite.

If you want to do Izzy vs DDP, then definitely don't book DDP against Whittaker. Whittaker would do bad things to DDP lol.

Whittaker is like Max. They're super talented and beat everybody else except that one guy. Really sad.
I kinda want it for the build up lol, but I'm not clamoring for it unless they've actually got an Africa card planned for later this year. If they've got that card planned then there's not a better headliner you could make then Izzy/DDP IMO.
DDP isn't that impressive IMO and I have a hard time believing he makes it far so the UFC capitalizing on his hype for a title fight before he gets derailed makes sense.

Whittaker was close to winning last time, I scored it for Izzy but Whittaker definitely showed he can hang with him.
Sucks that he's down 2-0 now, but I would favor Izzy in a third fight despite me thinking Rob is getting better out there each time. It's just a nightmare for him stylistically.

The UFC also screwed Rob over telling him to wait for the result of Pereira/Izzy 2 before giving him a fight even if he's been ready to go since February after the Costa fight got cancelled.
Now a bunch of ranked guys are booked, coming off a loss or he's already beaten them. I would say try to do Whittaker/Costa again now that the contract issues are solved, however it seems like they're aiming for Costa/Khamzat next so that fight is gone.

Only guys I can see fighting him soon since I doubt Rob wants to wait any longer on the sidelines is Strickland, DDP or a rematch with Cannonier. Again the UFC screwed him over by making him wait this long because his options are really slim now.
A bunch of guys are losing months/years of their prime due to the UFC's fuckery.

I don't wanna see Khamzat vs Izzy because Khamzat didn't earn it lol. If he beats Costa, I definitely would like to see that. I don't mind Izzy but I'm not a fan.

Also, I don't think it's a super easy fight for Khamzat at all. It's a good stylistic match up but Adesanya is more proven and we didn't see Khamzat against the 185 elite.

Khamzat would take Izzy down at will, ragdoll him all around the cage. Izzy has been taken down many times by lesser grapplers.

And Costa is terrible, khamzat will beat him with ease. Since when did Costa become this killer LOL

Khamzat would take Izzy down at will, ragdoll him all around the cage. Izzy has been taken down many times by lesser grapplers.

And Costa is terrible, khamzat will beat him with ease. Since when did Costa become this killer LOL
"Since when did Costa become this killer LOL"
I don't like him and don't rate him but he has great TDD and is better on the feet. He's a huge MW. Good luck ragdolling him. It's just a bad match up for Khamzat.

And ye, he gassed in his last fight but that was because of the altitude. Held his own against Romero in the third round. That was a crazy pace.

Their second fight was very close and I don't see anyone else. Dricus doesn't deserve it yet. Chimaev absolutely doesn't. And they don't want to do the trilogy with Alex. They're both in their primes. I think this would be great.
I'm fine with it. I think Whittaker has said in interviews that he's fine with waiting for a shot at this point because he's done enough. He's very confident after his rematch with Adesanya.

There's no one else for either of them to fight anyway. Pereira would be a good fight for either of them, he's apparently being forced to LHW. And frankly I wouldn't get bent out of shape of Chimaev cut in line to fight either of them, but he's busy mismanaging his career.

I don't want Rob to fight Duplessis or Costa. He's proven enough. I'd rather see Costa fight any of Strickland, Cannonier, or Duplessis in that order. Then Duplessis can fight Cannonier or Vettori, and whoever's the odd one out can fight Gastelum.

It’s amazing that people dont think Chimaev deserves it cause he hasn’t fought anyone at 185, then in the same sentence they say Izzy should fight Jan LOL

Izzy fans just want an easy fight, hence they desperate for Jan or Whittaker
Khamzat needs to get off the couch and fight one of the top contenders already, I would like to see that matchup too.

Their second fight was very close and I don't see anyone else. Dricus doesn't deserve it yet. Chimaev absolutely doesn't. And they don't want to do the trilogy with Alex. They're both in their primes. I think this would be great.

1370028010.0.jpg

Whittaker has shown he has nothing for Izzy. Terrible match up.

I’d be soo excited for Rob vs Izzy 3, just like I was for their second fight, which I didn’t even bother to watch live and played it on 1.5 speed when I finally decided to see. And then I still felt like I wasted my time.

I'm not saying Whittaker is a squatter, but he's won one fight against Vettori since losing to Adesanya for the 2nd time. If he gets next title shot it sort of sends a message to all #1 contenders to win a fight then sit on the sidelines until they pick you for a title shot again. I know he was trying to get on the Perth card, etc... but still if Whittaker gets a title shot, he's one of many contenders that have won 1 fight since losing title shot that people want to give another.

I'm not saying Whittaker is a squatter, but he's won one fight against Vettori since losing to Adesanya for the 2nd time. If he gets next title shot it sort of sends a message to all #1 contenders to win a fight then sit on the sidelines until they pick you for a title shot again. I know he was trying to get on the Perth card, etc... but still if Whittaker gets a title shot, he's one of many contenders that have won 1 fight since losing title shot that people want to give another.
I understand what you're saying, but that's not his fault.
Whittaker has been ready to go since February and is alright fighting anybody the UFC offers him, the thing is the UFC haven't given him anything and at one point told him to wait to see what happens with Izzy/Pereira 2.
Whittaker is a guy who's proven that he'll fight anybody the promotion puts in front of him and he hasn't been rejecting any fights, he just hasn't been offered any.

I'm fine with him having to get another win or two before being considered next in line for a crack at the title, but if the UFC booked him a fight during those three months since the Costa bout was cancelled like he's been asking them to then his case for the next title shot might be a bit better. The truth is the UFC screwed him over here.

Last edited:
I would love LOVE to see Whitaker whip Chimaev but they won't make that fight .

I would rather see Rob vs Alex next, if Alex doesn't move up.

bobby doesn't have the tools to beat izzy, boring fight same outcome.

It’s amazing that people dont think Chimaev deserves it cause he hasn’t fought anyone at 185, then in the same sentence they say Izzy should fight Jan LOL

Jan is clearly not an easy fight for him.

It’s amazing that people dont think Chimaev deserves it cause he hasn’t fought anyone at 185, then in the same sentence they say Izzy should fight Jan

How is Jan an easy fight he kicked Adesanya ass already. Boxed his ears off took him down amd Adesanya just lied there looking lost.

Last edited:
Back