Media Dana White: We will announce next MW title fight this week

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have Chimaev saying to Dricus "See you at UFC 300", but you know Dricus vs Adesanya is a huge fight too. What process will you take now, in figuring out what the next title fight will be?

- We'll figure this out on Tuesday. We'll probably announce it next week.

About Izzy's availability, is he gonna try and fight again this year? Do you know?

- You'll find out next week.

Chimaev posted some concering health updates on social media, he seems okay now, but do you have an official update on where he's at?

- Yeah, it's weird. He did get very sick, and I know he's better. I don't know if he's "fighting at 300" better, but we'll see.

DDP vs Izzy

Chimaev vs usman 2 - 5 rounder (I thought it had no chance after how sick chimaev is but he says he is good to fight)

- Zero possibility Driccus fights on 300 so no title fight

- Khamzat can't get a visa to fight in the USA

So what we're looking at is Driccus or Izzy fighting Khamzat in Dubai or SA.
Khamzat can get into Vegas lol

So it's pretty clear DDP vs Izzy will headline ufc 300 what an dissapoiment.

<{clintugh}>

Izzy shouldn't get a shot at either weight class. He has done nothing to deserve it. He lost a one sided fight to Strickland, and before that used up his immediate rematch card for Pereira.

And getting a shot at the LHW strap would be an embarrassment to the sport.

Izzy had 0 defenses in his last reign and was beaten convincingly. If he gets a title shot I'll be annoyed.

Similarly, Khazmat shouldn't have one either. Literally hasn't beaten a MW in years, and the ones he did beat are irrelevant.

It should be Jared Canonier. It's actually a no brainer when you look at the rest of the top 5. But obviously that isn't really a sexy enough name to get things going.

Last edited:
Izzy shouldn't get a shot at either weight class. He has done nothing to deserve it. He lost a one sided fight to Strickland, and before that used up his immediate rematch card for Pereira.

And getting a shot at the LHW strap would be an embarrassment to the sport.
This sport handles embarassment well. That’s how a guy like Colby can get a TS for no apparent reason and Stipe is still waiting for his. I’m sure Izzy will get another go, but don’t think he’ll succeed.

So many whiners about Izzy.

This would be a great fight and one that was supposed to have already happened.

Izzy held belt and defended it so he deserves in my eyes.

Strickland got beat by Poatan but yet Strickland beat Izzy. But yet Izzy beat Poatan.

So styles make fights and I think this is a great stylistic fight for Izzy.

Two top teir guys at their peak. Better now than in 5 years when they get old and past it.

How many fucking times we seen legends fight when they past their prime and the fight is no where near as good

So many whiners about Izzy.

This would be a great fight and one that was supposed to have already happened.

Izzy held belt and defended it so he deserves in my eyes.

Two top teir guys at their peak. Better now than in 5 years when they get old and past it.

How many fucking times we seen legends fight when they past their prime and the fight is no where near as good
I can understand why it rubs people the wrong way. Some champions have to get back in line, while Izzy would get two shots after losing two title fights.

It's that thing about champs getting entitled, and that Izzy is allowed to be while others are not by the organization.

That said, it makes absolute sense to book the fight, as we all know how much prestige and drama it would create. The UFC are all about that,
and their product is not a perfectly fair sport. Which we all should know by now.

Back