I might be autistic

That by itself is not autism.

I don't maintain eye contact when I'm being spoken to either. I get lost in the beauty of the human eye and stop listening. So what I do is look at the speaker for a few seconds, look away for a few, look back, etc. Nodding and making guttural noises will make them know/think you are paying attention too, even if you're not.

high functioning autism is still normal. they just need social exposure and they can regulate themselves. in fact, like OP they can realize they have autism. and surprisingly geniuses like Einstein and Ali are among the spectrum.

Make sure you report back.
I'll probably schedule an appointment on Monday. At the very least they can asses why my concentration breaks so easily, and why I have issues with social cues. Most people think I'm nice but weird, which is fine

That by itself is not autism.

I don't maintain eye contact when I'm being spoken to either. I get lost in the beauty of the human eye and stop listening. So what I do is look at the speaker for a few seconds, look away for a few, look back, etc. Nodding and making guttural noises will make them know/think you are paying attention too, even if you're not.
I agree with you, I didn't think the eye contact thing alone is weird. I figured a lot of people did it, but some of my family tells me I'm still a odd one because I don't react "normally" to many things. But, I still feel that I understand people enough to copy their mannerisms over time. Which is what my wife was saying

I'm more interested in this part haha. Damn, that's really wholesome lol, you marry your childhood friend.

We actually weren't friends through school, she was in a totally different clique than me. I hung out with the weebs when I went to middle and high school during the 00's. She said I looked like I was "in the wrong group" or whatever that means. And wanted to "steal me". I don't understand women. I was loyal to my friends in highschool and still talk to them today. I told my wife that conforming to cliques was dumb. But she is sweetheart and takes care of me, we have been married for over 10 years now

You sound retarded. But don’t worry, plenty of tards livin sweet lives these days

Watch in 5 years psychology journals are going to redefine autism because they'll realize that under the current definition everyone is autistic.
This is 100% accurate.

Nowadays, the question isn't "are you" or "aren't you" autistic. It's, "where on the spectrum are you"?

these all are just definitions that means nothing
human beings are much more complicated than putting on them some lebels based on some made up symptoms

No. You're not autistic, Tina.

Now how many toothpicks on the ground?

I was at work earlier this week and my supervisor was talking to me for about 5 mins, giving me instructions of some sort. But I got distracted, thinking about an old Dr Pepper commercial. Upon completion he was just staring at me (I hate eye contact) and so I just said "too easy" and scooted away

I still don't know what he was going on about, and it gives me a certain anxiety knowing I probably fucked something up. But I always do this, I get distracted by dumb stuff and avoid eye contact and people and then chaos ensues..

I looked up symptoms, and I realized that I seem to fit into several categories. So I told my wife and she said that I used to be worse (she's known me since grade school) and that shes always thought that I'm ADD and probably on the spectrum too. :(

Anyways, hopefully I'm wrong and I'm actually just a goof. At least then its my fault and not my mother's fault for taking a bunch of Tylenol when she was pregnant with me or something. If I get tested soon I'll post the results here my friends
I could tell just by your posts and mannerisms on here. No shame in it.

I am going to steal this.
take-it-its-yours.gif

Back