I might be autistic

have-you-seen-my-baseball-something-about-mary.gif

I was at work earlier this week and my supervisor was talking to me for about 5 mins, giving me instructions of some sort. But I got distracted, thinking about an old Dr Pepper commercial. Upon completion he was just staring at me (I hate eye contact) and so I just said "too easy" and scooted away

I still don't know what he was going on about, and it gives me a certain anxiety knowing I probably fucked something up. But I always do this, I get distracted by dumb stuff and avoid eye contact and people and then chaos ensues..

I looked up symptoms, and I realized that I seem to fit into several categories. So I told my wife and she said that I used to be worse (she's known me since grade school) and that shes always thought that I'm ADD and probably on the spectrum too. :(

Anyways, hopefully I'm wrong and I'm actually just a goof. At least then its my fault and not my mother's fault for taking a bunch of Tylenol when she was pregnant with me or something. If I get tested soon I'll post the results here my friends
Does that mean we have to feel bad now every time we call you an idiot?

Autism diagnoses are out of control.

This fucking therapist told my kid she's autistic but at the very highest end of it. Meaning she's as functional as anyone else.

So I'm like, what the fuck? Why did you even diagnose that then? There's nothing you can do, and this doesn't help nor hurt you in any way but I thought you'd like to know that you're autistic.

It's fucking stupid. They take a bunch of things that are just character traits and label you autistic.

Autism is a disorder, you stupid dicks, so if you have these "traits" that aren't interfering in your life then you're not autistic.

If they are interfering in your life then maybe you are autistic. That's what a disorder is. It interferes with your ability somehow.

Watch in 5 years psychology journals are going to redefine autism because they'll realize that under the current definition everyone is autistic.

My kid got diagnosed in a similar way. I went to the group therapy session and read the book they give you. It was fucking batshit crazy. "Will spend hours focused on a task". "Obsessed about making something better".

These are.litwraly the traits of the most successful people I've known.

I was at work earlier this week and my supervisor was talking to me for about 5 mins, giving me instructions of some sort. But I got distracted, thinking about an old Dr Pepper commercial. Upon completion he was just staring at me (I hate eye contact) and so I just said "too easy" and scooted away

I still don't know what he was going on about, and it gives me a certain anxiety knowing I probably fucked something up. But I always do this, I get distracted by dumb stuff and avoid eye contact and people and then chaos ensues..

I looked up symptoms, and I realized that I seem to fit into several categories. So I told my wife and she said that I used to be worse (she's known me since grade school) and that shes always thought that I'm ADD and probably on the spectrum too. :(

Anyways, hopefully I'm wrong and I'm actually just a goof. At least then its my fault and not my mother's fault for taking a bunch of Tylenol when she was pregnant with me or something. If I get tested soon I'll post the results here my friends

Sounds more like ADHD mate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back