'I match up very well with him' - Stipe on DC

<36>
Daniel is 20-1 inside MMA mang.

Cormier's loss came from Jon Jones. Stipe's losses came from Stefan Struve and JDS.
This isn't the direction you want to be going.
I obviously meant wrestling lol
What's your logic for him losing? Lol that stipe is bigger? Smh I'll be cashing out and bumping your thread when I win
better striking and wrestling than all the guys cormier has failed to wrestle or had any trouble with?

Jones is the only one with better wrestling. He's got better wrestling than everyone else and better striking than all of them including jones

He's not wrong. Stipe loves countering people with that short right hand and DC loves forward pressure.

Either Stipe counters DC's pressure, or DC clinches and gets takedowns and ground fucks.

steep miotich ko'd;
werdum - was sort of in his prime but jot physical prime.
overeem - past prime but still a beast
jds - worm out version post cain but still a beast. he beat rothwell not too long ago.

stipe is GoAT but he really did beat many fighters past their primes. I am not talking anything away from him but even DC is past his prime to be fair. He is not in his physical prime. We will see how this goes. Forgot to mention Francis. Francis was a great win for stipe too.

I am a huge dc fan but because he isnt in his physical prime, I think he loses a close decision to stipe. Dont think he will get tko'd. I hope not.

I answered this question and you move the goal posts, thats an L homie.
Reading comprehension buddy, look it up.
I thought common sense was implied. That's my bad. Shame on me for not knowing my audience...

What's your logic for him losing? Lol that stipe is bigger? Smh I'll be cashing out and bumping your thread when I win
That Stipe is a better fighter. He's younger and has KO power. He fights well at distance, has FAR better footwork and isn't easily controlled if/when he does get taken down. I don't like DC's chances of lasting 25 minutes and wrestling his way to a victory (which is the ONLY way he wins this fight). DC has fought plenty of guys who are "bigger" but he's never fought someone as good as Stipe IMO. I hate to bring up past fights (you could easily reference Stipe vs Strupe) but watch his fight with Frank Mir. If that DC shows up against Stipe, he will not get his hand raised.

dc may get a takedown, may even get a few, but hes not holding stipe down. no chance of that.
I don't think he'll hold Stipe down either.....but it's the grind of defending that might be the key.
Stipe's big arms might wear out if DC forces constant underhook defence

I don't think he'll hold Stipe down either.....but it's the grind of defending that might be the key.
Stipe's big arms might wear out if DC forces constant underhook defence
That is a LOT to ask... and what about when Stipe gets separation?

Cardio will play a huge factor into this fight

DC has a very agressive style where he takes alot of shots to close the distance and then once he closes in he attempts takedowns or tries to clinch with you just to make you work. DC is use to that pace and grind while other fighters aren't, esepcially at HW. DC and Cain have unreal cardio at HW.

First two rounds will be hard for DC, I excpect DC to use lots of pressure while Stipe uses his slick boxing. Stipe has power at HW and could KO DC as he is prone to getting hit the first two rounds when his opponents are fresh. But if Stipe can't ko DC withing the first two, he's gonna gass hard since he's never been pressured like that.

But like I said, he has to survive Stipes power first.

What you and others fail to realize is that Stipe has been gifted with fighting primarily strikers throughout his UFC career. The only true grappler he has fought was Fabricio who blitzed him and he has NEVER fought a true wrestler. So you can't sit there and say that Stipe is some great wrestler because he laid on top of Ngannou for 4.5 rounds after getting his eye shut in the first 60 seconds.

And why would you bring up Mir vs. DC and negate Struve/Stipe when the fights happened 1 year apart? 2012 & 2013? Lol that doesn't make sense. And not to mention, DC controlled Mir and didn't want to take that fight down for obvious reasons. Mir was the much larger man and still got outmuscled by a much smaller Cormier. Also, comparing 2013 DC to 2018 DC is idiotic. Keep sleeping on DC and imma bump this thread for you 5 minutes after the fight is over and I cash out my pick.

That Stipe is a better fighter. He's younger and has KO power. He fights well at distance, has FAR better footwork and isn't easily controlled if/when he does get taken down. I don't like DC's chances of lasting 25 minutes and wrestling his way to a victory (which is the ONLY way he wins this fight). DC has fought plenty of guys who are "bigger" but he's never fought someone as good as Stipe IMO. I hate to bring up past fights (you could easily reference Stipe vs Strupe) but watch his fight with Frank Mir. If that DC shows up against Stipe, he will not get his hand raised.

What you and others fail to realize is that Stipe has been gifted with fighting primarily strikers throughout his UFC career. The only true grappler he has fought was Fabricio who blitzed him and he has NEVER fought a true wrestler. So you can't sit there and say that Stipe is some great wrestler because he laid on top of Ngannou for 4.5 rounds after getting his eye shut in the first 60 seconds.

And why would you bring up Mir vs. DC and negate Struve/Stipe when the fights happened 1 year apart? 2012 & 2013? Lol that doesn't make sense. And not to mention, DC controlled Mir and didn't want to take that fight down for obvious reasons. Mir was the much larger man and still got outmuscled by a much smaller Cormier. Also, comparing 2013 DC to 2018 DC is idiotic. Keep sleeping on DC and imma bump this thread for you 5 minutes after the fight is over and I cash out my pick.
Stipe has the best wrestling background of anyone D.C. has fought in the UFC. Maybe ever.

And no, Hendo doesn't count

Should be a good fight. I think people underestimate dc because of how good Jones is.

Stipe has the best wrestling background of anyone D.C. has fought in the UFC. Maybe ever.

And no, Hendo doesn't count

Aww do you want attention again? Ok bud, I'll bite.

what are Stipes wrestling credentials again? As it seems, he never won a state championship as a high school wrestler, had 1 year at a school that was barely D1 and when he went to nationals he lost every match and wasn't even top 10 ranked in the nation at his weight. So I'm not sure where you're coming up with that he is some elite wrestler. Just because it says someone was a D1 wrestler certainly doesn't mean that he is some stud. He is an athlete that excelled at multiple sports and after 1 year of wrestling never wrestled in college again... and for the record Cleveland State has been one of the WORST D1 schools for wrestling for years now. If anything you should be arguing Stipes boxing credentials since he was a golden glove boy.

Just remember to pay your cable/internet bill after you lose that bet. I'll be here waiting haha. But in all seriousness, I pointed out the Struve vs Stipe fight intentionally showing my bias. Stipe has also improved just as DC has. I'll give you that. But DC isn't getting any younger. At least he won't have a weight cut. I don't like DC but he is tough as hell. Those kidneys could use the break. Still stand by my comment that Stipe is just a better all around fighter at HW. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Hard to show your tdd against strikers. Stipe could get exposed. DC could get finished. You're crazy for betting on this fight imo. Vegas isn't in the business of picking losers though.

Just remember to pay your cable/internet bill after you lose that bet. I'll be here waiting haha. But in all seriousness, I pointed out the Struve vs Stipe fight intentionally showing my bias. Stipe has also improved just as DC has. I'll give you that. But DC isn't getting any younger. At least he won't have a weight cut. I don't like DC but he is tough as hell. Those kidneys could use the break. Still stand by my comment that Stipe is just a better all around fighter at HW. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Hard to show your tdd against strikers. Stipe could get exposed. DC could get finished. You're crazy for betting on this fight imo. Vegas isn't in the business of picking losers though.

At least you're like minded in an argument unlike OP lol. It will be a good fight brother, no worries. I'm excited just to watch the fight. Two top level athletes who have dominated their divisions is something I'm all aboard for! Both guys will make it a war!

Stipe took Nelson down one time out of eight; JDS one time out of eighteen; Gonzaga one time out of six.

Cardio will play a huge factor into this fight

DC has a very agressive style where he takes alot of shots to close the distance and then once he closes in he attempts takedowns or tries to clinch with you just to make you work. DC is use to that pace and grind while other fighters aren't, esepcially at HW. DC and Cain have unreal cardio at HW.

First two rounds will be hard for DC, I excpect DC to use lots of pressure while Stipe uses his slick boxing. Stipe has power at HW and could KO DC as he is prone to getting hit the first two rounds when his opponents are fresh. But if Stipe can't ko DC withing the first two, he's gonna gass hard since he's never been pressured like that.

But like I said, he has to survive Stipes power first.
I read this in RJJs voice and it was great haha. Fair assessment though

Aww do you want attention again? Ok bud, I'll bite.

what are Stipes wrestling credentials again? As it seems, he never won a state championship as a high school wrestler, had 1 year at a school that was barely D1 and when he went to nationals he lost every match and wasn't even top 10 ranked in the nation at his weight. So I'm not sure where you're coming up with that he is some elite wrestler. Just because it says someone was a D1 wrestler certainly doesn't mean that he is some stud. He is an athlete that excelled at multiple sports and after 1 year of wrestling never wrestled in college again... and for the record Cleveland State has been one of the WORST D1 schools for wrestling for years now. If anything you should be arguing Stipes boxing credentials since he was a golden glove boy.
He's a D1 wrestler and had proved to be a stud wrestling in the UFC.

Obviously much better than guys DC has failed to implement a wrestling attack against

Oh, and also the best striker D.C. has seen in the UFC

Back