'I match up very well with him' - Stipe on DC

Again... never won a state title as a wrestler and when he actually got invited to nationals he barely made it into the top 10. And he wrestled for ONE year in college and got wrecked against the elite guys. Not sure what you're trying to imply because the article says just that.

As for DC... 3 state titles for high school wrestling, 2 time, undefeated njcaa champion, transferred to OSU, a powerhouse, for his final two years and went 53-10 with 6 losses coming to Cael Sanderson, who is one of, If not the best college wrestler of all time. Not to mention an Olympic medalist.

If you really think DC can't take Stipe down... you are insane. DC blows Stipe out of the water with wrestling ability.
Bud... you can keep listing their accomplishments all you want. He completely failed to implement a wrestling attack against much lesser wrestlers than Stipe Miocic. All signs point to Stipe being able to keep this fight standing.
Like who?
Gus, Mir, Nelson, Jones, Barnett

I know I know... you'll say he landed at least one takedown on all of them. But he wasn't able to hold any of them down and none of them have the wrestling credentials or the striking Stipe has.

If you can't hold Nelson, Gus or jones down, you're not gonna have a good time with stipe, who has spent less than one minute on his back total in his entire career.

I like Miocic but...

1. I think size will have a lot to do in the fight
2. He won't retire as champ, unless he plans to retire pretty soon, still unlikely

Why? Who the fuck is beating Stipe
Even the up and comers are light years behind
Tai.. Blaydes.. please

Again... never won a state title as a wrestler and when he actually got invited to nationals he barely made it into the top 10. And he wrestled for ONE year in college and got wrecked against the elite guys. Not sure what you're trying to imply because the article says just that.

As for DC... 3 state titles for high school wrestling, 2 time, undefeated njcaa champion, transferred to OSU, a powerhouse, for his final two years and went 53-10 with 6 losses coming to Cael Sanderson, who is one of, If not the best college wrestler of all time. Not to mention an Olympic medalist.

If you really think DC can't take Stipe down... you are insane. DC blows Stipe out of the water with wrestling ability.
You ever watched wrestling? Matches are CLOSE at every level. DC is a better wrestler by about 1%. Better wrestler than Jones by about 1%. That 1% extra talent is the difference between DC's world class level and Stipe's level.

What's that mean?

MMA variables: different weight classes, different drug testing, kicks, knees, punches, starting standing, elbows, no wins by pin, submission holds, chin, etc. effect the wrestling game by much more than a 1% margin. That means that any difference in any of those can EASILY swing the wrestling difference by MUCH MORE THAN 1% in any direction.

The difference between DC's wrestling skill and Stipe's wrestling skill is meaningless in the context of wrestling in MMA. The only thing that's important to consider is that both were high level, not exactly how high level they were. Other factors are simply much more important than exactly how high level.

Jones' attributes in other categories swung that 1% difference from DC's favor to much more than 1% in Jones' favor. When you include everything else, Jones is a better wrestler than DC. Jones outwrestled DC.

Stipe has everything that allowed Jones to outwrestle DC: height, reach, cardio.. and MORE. More: punching power, more muscle, more size, more strength, better boxing.

Take the NCAA rank #1 wrestler and put him against the #20 ranked wrestler. Have them each punch each other one time before the match. Who's going to win? The guy who's less rocked; the guy with the better chin or better punching power. If the #1 ranked guy's is worse, he's going from 10th degree black belt to blue belt level while the #20 guy is going to just go down from regular black belt to brown belt before the match starts. When you include just 1 attribute that MMA adds, that .1% wrestling skill difference isn't even important in actual wrestling match.

Last edited:
My facts are wrong... but i quoted the same article you did? lmaoooo silly young man. Do some research and then get back to me at how Stipe is such an amazing wrestler. GG

I know my writing style is somewhat convoluted, so let me try this again—

I DID NOT SAY your facts were wrong. I said your facts were technically correct, but that they are incomplete. You didn't factor in other pieces of information which change their meaning. But you can't even get what I said straight so I shouldn't be surprised you can't grasp that concept...

BTW, some more information: I'm not a young man, I'm a middle-aged woman. And it's because I do research that I knew you were presenting your facts without proper context. But I will admit to being silly. I'd have to be, to have wasted this much effort trying to drive a simple point into your skull.

I think Miocic wins via TKO but DC puts up a good fight

I’m glad he’s not taking DC lightly

Did I say I think DC can't take him down? On the contrary I'd be shocked if he didn't, at least once. But I don't think that's a death sentence. Miocic is a hard man to keep down, and reputed to be almost impossible to submit. There's a lot more to this game than counting takedowns.

What I'm trying to imply is not that your facts are wrong — silly of you to restate them as if I didn't read them right the first time! What I'm saying is that they don't mean all that you think they do. There's a context around those facts that modifies their importance as testimony to Stipe's wrestling abilities. I thought maybe you didn't know the circumstances, but since you still insist on brushing them aside I have to now assume your ignorance is a willful one.
Jus´curious...

This "reputed to be almost impossible to submit." is based on what?

I know my writing style is somewhat convoluted, so let me try this again—

I DID NOT SAY your facts were wrong. I said your facts were technically correct, but that they are incomplete. You didn't factor in other pieces of information which change their meaning. But you can't even get what I said straight so I shouldn't be surprised you can't grasp that concept...

BTW, some more information: I'm not a young man, I'm a middle-aged woman. And it's because I do research that I knew you were presenting your facts without proper context. But I will admit to being silly. I'd have to be, to have wasted this much effort trying to drive a simple point into your skull.

I've factored in plenty of information to argue both sides of the field. I just noticed too you have a something regarding Stipe in your signature as well so I'm guessing you have a clear bias against any opponent he may face. Whether it's DC or not, you I'm sure will always argue that Stipe will win. You're entitled to your opinon tho... no matter how idiotic it may be. I'll bump this thread for you after the fight

Why? Who the fuck is beating Stipe
Even the up and comers are light years behind
Tai.. Blaydes.. please
id say blaydes or cain has the best shot. volkov just isnt physical enough

I've factored in plenty of information to argue both sides of the field. I just noticed too you have a something regarding Stipe in your signature as well so I'm guessing you have a clear bias against any opponent he may face. Whether it's DC or not, you I'm sure will always argue that Stipe will win. You're entitled to your opinon tho... no matter how idiotic it may be. I'll bump this thread for you after the fight

I don't have any bias against opponents. And I don't predict who will win or lose a fight—no, not even to say that Stipe will win. I challenge you to find any post of mine that definitely makes such a claim. The most I ever do is propose possibilities.

So, yet another one of your assumptions bites the dust. You're not having the best of luck on this thread.

ill just say this about stipes wrestling vs dc

dc as a younger man at heavyweight wasnt able to dominate and control guys like frank mir and roy nelson, who were both past their best days and aren't nearly as good of fighters as stipe is, let alone as strong as stipe is. and mir has always had awful TDD. and those were 3 round fights. i just dont see it anywhere in dc's fights that show me at age 40 hes gonna come up to 265 and ragdoll the heavyweight champ and grind him into dust.

even with volkan his last fight volkan stuffed the single leg but dc just kept chain wrestling him until he got him down, and volkan is a barely novice in that department. he hasn't been tossing around anybody at 205 - look at his fights with rumble, gus etc. if those guys can resist dc's wrestling why cant stipe? stipes bigger, stronger, tougher then all of those guys and has a decent NCAA background (not lesnar or cain level but solid).

his wrestling pedigree and the size advantage should do the trick. dc aint gonna be able to hold him on the mat for 5 rounds. and on the feet stipe is gonna crack him

id say blaydes or cain has the best shot. volkov just isnt physical enough

Cain is done dude and to be honest even if he came back I would literally bet the house on Stipe Ko'ing him and I'm serious

Agree on Volkov that pitter patter gets him nowhere against Stipe

Cain is done dude and to be honest even if he came back I would literally bet the house on Stipe Ko'ing him and I'm serious

Agree on Volkov that pitter patter gets him nowhere against Stipe
i still think cain has 1-2 more fights in him. he didnt look bad vs browne although that was 2 years ago lol. god time flies

but yeah, volkov has non-existent wrestling and takedown defense and doesnt' really crack like a stipe or jds. really see no path to victory for him. stipe would take him down and crush his face in or ko him against the fence. he has no weapons to keep stipe from walking him down other then his kick game, but that would just help stipe secure a takedown

I think Stipe is really difficult match up for Cormier,
but I don't know why it's necessary to say and show forced confidence he will retire as a champ... why need to say that?.

I don't have any bias against opponents. And I don't predict who will win or lose a fight—no, not even to say that Stipe will win. I challenge you to find any post of mine that definitely makes such a claim. The most I ever do is propose possibilities.

So, yet another one of your assumptions bites the dust. You're not having the best of luck on this thread.

your arguments clearly imply that Stipe will win the fight, do they not? you not making the actual claim is just a way to protect yourself from getting called out on it. but don't worry, ill bump this for you after the fight and keep bugging you : D

Jus´curious...

This "reputed to be almost impossible to submit." is based on what?

It's a claim of Schaub's — yeah, I know it's Schaub, but he has trained with him (Miocic was brought in to spar with him for his camp for the Rothwell fight, for example) so I have to assume there's some first-hand experience he's basing his opinion on. I remember him saying it just after the Werdum fight, before Stipe ever defended a sub in the Octagon.

Matt Serra has also said stuff on his Unfiltered podcasts that indicate he's impressed with Miocic's BJJ abilities. (Stipe's rolled at his gym from time to time, since he's good friends with Villante and Weidman.)

And in my sifting of various comments on articles and threads etc I occasionally come across people bearing witness. Such as the guy who accompanied his professor to the Strong Style gym when said professor had been asked to give Stipe some BJJ practice for an upcoming fight. During a full week's worth of sessions, he said, Stipe tapped only once.

It's scanty, I know. But what with Stipe only having to fight off a submission once in his entire career, coupled with his closed-mouth nature about training details, you have to scrape together what few crumbs of info you can get.

your arguments clearly imply that Stipe will win the fight, do they not? you not making the actual claim is just a way to protect yourself from getting called out on it. but don't worry, ill bump this for you after the fight and keep bugging you : D

No, they do not. I'm merely arguing that he's not necessarily the markedly inferior wrestler you try to make him out to be. Note I said "not necessarily" — I'm not even arguing it's for sure! I'm just saying your case isn't as airtight as you think it is. There's evidence you've excluded, and I brought it up.

In fact, one could say that the real subject of my argument isn't Stipe abilities at wrestling; it's your deficiencies in apprehending truth.

Subtlety really eludes you, doesn't it.

No, they do not. I'm merely arguing that he's not necessarily the markedly inferior wrestler you try to make him out to be. Note I said "not necessarily" — I'm not even arguing it's for sure! I'm just saying your case isn't as airtight as you think it is. There's evidence you've excluded, and I brought it up.

In fact, one could say that the real subject of my argument isn't Stipe abilities at wrestling; it's your deficiencies in apprehending truth.

Subtlety really eludes you, doesn't it.

This isn't a court of law dude. The argument here is who will win... thats the point of the thread. Note everyone else's replies here. I said what I believe will carry DC to a victory and all you have to say OVER AND OVER again are Stipes wrestling credentials and now you're bouncing back and fourth with "oh, I think he should take him down" "oh, i dont know who will win but I love Stipe". If you're not going to pick a winner and actually provide relevant information backing up your answer then shut the fuck up, seriously. I can tell you're 16 because of how troll you are so until you actually answer the question and contribute to the threads point, I'll be done with you. (But we already know who your pick is considering your cucking of Stipe) GG sir

This isn't a court of law dude. The argument here is who will win... thats the point of the thread. Note everyone else's replies here. I said what I believe will carry DC to a victory and all you have to say OVER AND OVER again are Stipes wrestling credentials and now you're bouncing back and fourth with "oh, I think he should take him down" "oh, i dont know who will win but I love Stipe". If you're not going to pick a winner and actually provide relevant information backing up your answer then shut the fuck up, seriously. I can tell you're 16 because of how troll you are so until you actually answer the question and contribute to the threads point, I'll be done with you. (But we already know who your pick is considering your cucking of Stipe) GG sir

Homie don't play that game. And since this was the TS's opening salvo –—

'I match up very well with him' - Stipe on DC. Says it has nothing to do with size, says the match up favors him stylistically. Said Cormier never seen anything like stipe and especially at heavyweight. Also says he'll retire champion.

which is simply reporting what Stipe said, and not TS' own prediction (though admittedly since he's Final Say, what it is goes without saying), where do you get that arguing who will win is the point of the thread? You're arguing Stipe's wrong to say he doesn't match up well, I'm saying you're mistaken to be sure about that. Sounds pretty relevant to the thread topic to me.

But then you've gotten my age wrong, my gender wrong, my points wrong, and persist on doing so when I correct you. You've proven you inability to perceive the truth of simple facts. So I have no reason to trust your insight on opinions and predictions. Therefore I'll shut up — not because you bid me to, but because it's pointless to discuss things with the likes of you. Eventually even someone as silly as I am can figure out to stop hitting their head against a brick wall.

Back