'I match up very well with him' - Stipe on DC

@Final Say wrong yet again? I’m surprised...

Night night

960x0.jpg

If stipe kept his distance he wouldn't get trapped, at least not often. His footwork is better than Cormier's, that's a lot of the reason why going directly at Daniel and negating his own advantages was such a bad idea.

He just had to move his feet, particularly laterally and he would give cormier fits.

And if Werdum didn't chase Stipe he would have won because I said so

And if Overeem didn't go for the choke he would have won because I said so

You see the problems with your excuses?

Yeah bro, fight IQ is one of the reasons stipe has been successful in the UFC. His team usually has a good plan and he follows them well.

One of those two things was obviously not true on Saturday. He played Cormier's game willingly.

I think Stipe has been successful because of his skillset more than his intellect. In the few examples we have of him fighting against guys where he doesn't have a decided advantage in any area he doesn't seem to do well. Stipe/ JDS 1 is a perfect example of that. He made no adjustments and pretty much stuck to trying duplicate Cain Velasquez game plan for the entire fight.

Last edited:
Well, he was doing great until both his eyes got poked.

If stipe kept his distance he wouldn't get trapped, at least not often. His footwork is better than Cormier's, that's a lot of the reason why going directly at Daniel and negating his own advantages was such a bad idea.

So, are you saying Stipe's fight IQ is terrible, then?

He just had to move his feet, particularly laterally and he would give cormier fits.

You are right, but he is not Gus, I tried to tell you.

If someone doesn't not think it's a little flukeish that Hendo, Gus, Volkan, Rumble x 2, Mir, Barnatt and Big Country lasted longer than Stipe, then I don't think you are looking at this fight rationally.

If you put Gus on that list after his fights with DC and Jones, then you are not rational.

Stipe is a very fast heavyweight with very good wrestling. He chooses position and ground and pound over submissions.

Check other times people have tried to grapple Francis. What stipe did to him was a feat

I understand what you’re saying. Francis gets up.
But that’s the first round.
Stipe had many opportunities to finish that fight. He almost got himself In trouble at times
Because he couldn’t get Francis out of their.

You watch stipe and Nganou again. Nganou is clueless. A great wrestler. Or a guy with one submission could have got him out of their.

I don’t think stipe is quick at all he is quick compared
To the old washed
Up versions of former very good fighters he’s facing.

He’s just a boxer wrestler. Who doesn’t excel st
Either.

If stipe was fast and had good boxing.(because he wAs good enough wrestling). Cornier should have been an easy fight for stipe.

But he’s not those things.
That’s not a knock on dc. But he’s 40.
And if stipe
Was half as good
As the ufc tries to tell you. He could have won however he wanted to.

But dc. Is the better fighter. Even at 40.

@Final Say wrong yet again? I’m surprised...

Night night

960x0.jpg
1 for me vs 10,000 for you
And if Werdum didn't chase Stipe he would have won because I said so

And if Overeem didn't go for the choke he would have won because I said so

You see the problems with your excuses?
stipe forced werdum to rush

overeem never had the option for a choke

I think Stipe has been successful because of his skillset more than his intellect. In the few examples we have of him fighting against guys where he doesn't have a decided advantage in any area he doesn't seem to do well. Stipe/ JDS 1 is a perfect example of that. He made no adjustments and pretty much stuck to trying duplicate Cain Velasquez game plan for the entire fight.
JDS, perfect. another fight where he tried to implement the wrong game plan. in that fight though, it seemed like he followed the plan, it just failed. this fight it seem like he probably went off brand.
So, are you saying Stipe's fight IQ is terrible, then?

You are right, but he is not Gus, I tried to tell you.
hes much better than gus.

Lol. Didn't look like it, at all. Tried to tell you but you wont listen. HW div is trash.
Gus didn't look like he was on Stipe's level when he fought rumble

Who isn't

Even

Good lol

LHW Ngannou

He won via grappling (clinch work) and ko'd Stipe out the clinch with a right hook. Knocked him silly with a few uppercuts as well. How is a "smaller" DC still twice as strong as Stipe in the clinch?? Pahahaha keep telling yourself you make relevant posts when everything you say is incorrect.

DC won because he took advantage of the fact that Stipe keeps his hands a little low exiting the clinch; it's DC saying that, not my claim. That's an issue that impacts striking defense. In the context of a wrestling match it impacts jack shit, it's a non-issue—whether you're a college guy or an Olympian. So all your talk comparing what Stipe did at Cleveland State and what DC in the Olympics, before either of them ever learned to throw or defend a punch, turned out to have little relevance.

My ONLY point has been that what they did back then and how far they advanced in wrestling careers could not be taken as definite evidence of how their meeting would go. It certainly didn't lead you to predict a DC win via KO, did it?

Pahahaha keep telling yourself you make relevant arguments when everything you say about what I say is incorrect.

Who isn't

Even

Good lol

LHW Ngannou

Jones, DC, Gus and Rumble all are the best LHWs there has ever been, while Stipe is the only good HW at the moment in his prime.

Who isn't

Even

Good lol

LHW Ngannou
Lmao Gus is the most overrated fighter on this forum.

Never seen a guy fold in his biggest matches in his career yet get hyped to be some world beater.

He has lost the 3 biggest fights of his career.

Back