I love Sara McMann, but...

It's a shame. I was rooting for Sara to look impressive tonight so there could be a rematch. Now Rousey is probably going to fight Tate in Jan.

Man, im sick of Tate, nice ass but thats it, her last performance was garbage! I need to stop hating, but the girls in the UFC suck, I love Ronda, big fan but they are protecting her. Her reputation is getting killed because of that

At the end of the day, that was never the question. He only compared their athleticism, not their fighting skills.

Well then it was a piontless thread , who isnt athletic in the UFC

Man, im sick of Tate, nice ass but thats it, her last performance was garbage! I need to stop hating, but the girls in the UFC suck, I love Ronda, big fan but they are protecting her. Her reputation is getting killed because of that

It is not that they are protecting her as much as it is that she has no real competition outside of Cyborg. The female 135 division is (probably) the weakest division in this sport from a skillset standpoint.

At the end of the day, that was never the question. He only compared their athleticism, not their fighting skills.

Even there Ronda beats McMann nearly everywhere.
Ronda has better cardio, is more explosive and is faster.
If anything McMann could have an advantage in pure strength which is questionable and won't help her, athleticism is not the same as being built like a brickhouse or something.

Well then it was a piontless thread , who isnt athletic in the UFC

1) this thread isn't about anyone's athleticism
2) some people are more athletic that others

C'mon man, its not that hard to understand

/facepalm

One so so fight for her.. No biggie she still won and is cute and classy as hell..

She is, isn't she?

fBiaNrY.png

I love Sara that's why I'm so pissed off. Horrific performance.
One judge scored it right with 29-28 Murphy. Murphy was super active from her back while Sara did absolutely NOTHING. wtf?! no GnP? ZERO submission game?

She is very very very lucky to get that Split decision. It will at least give her a chance to fight a top opponent and correct this impression. I hope she understand this.

She needs to work on her BJJ as well. McMann has a long way to go before she's ready for another title shot.

I love Sara that's why I'm so pissed off. Horrific performance.
One judge scored it right with 29-28 Murphy. Murphy was super active from her back while Sara did absolutely NOTHING. wtf?! no GnP? ZERO submission game?

She is very very very lucky to get that Split decision. It will at least give her a chance to fight a top opponent and correct this impression. I hope she understand this.

Exactly how I feel, homie.

I expected Daspy to be in here by now.

Holy shit she looks great in OPs photo...anymore? set? sauce?!

If Baszler beats Correia, I wouldn't be surprised if she fights McMann next. The UFC seems to want to give Tate an easy road back to the title. They could have had her fight Kaufman or McMann right now. Which were pretty much guaranteed losses for her. Instead, she gets gifted Rin Nakai. Who has no experience fighting top competition. The funny thing is that Miesha will probably blow it, and look awful against Nakai.

Who are they protecting her from?

Cyborg asked to leave the UFC, and can't make 135 anyway. She even admitted last year that she barely manages to make 145. Only way that fight happens is if the UFC creates a new division and Ronda goes up to challenge her.

Carano retires as soon as she loses. The truth is that Gina never took MMA seriously, and the sport was just a means to an end for her. She only comes back if her movie roles dry up.

Zingano pulled out of the Rousey fight due to injury. Has not fought in over a year. Will be making her comeback in Sept, and won't be ready for the New Year's card. She only fights once a year anyway since 2010.

Holm seems to want to put off the match as long as possible. Even her own coach admits they need a year before fighting Rousey.

Eye got a gift against Kaufman, and lost to the woman that Ronda KOd in 16 seconds.

Kaufman hasn't trained since her car accident. Was finished by Rousey in 54 seconds the first time, and nobody wants to see a rematch.

So who is left? Tate gets the shot pretty much by default. This is assuming she doesn't lay an egg against Nakai (which is a big possibility considering her history).

Ah...

Sorry I requested more :/

Very dissapointed

It is not that they are protecting her as much as it is that she has no real competition outside of Cyborg. The female 135 division is (probably) the weakest division in this sport from a skillset standpoint.
145 is far more shallow. Take Rousey out of the picture at 135, and you have several women that could be champion... Zingano, McMann, Kaufman, Davis. Take Cyborg away from 145, and you're left with nothing but an old Coenen. A woman who got submitted by Tate and dominated by Carmouche.

Last edited:
Back