I love Sara McMann, but...

DanaRousey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
...her stand-up needs a lot of work.

I'm no expert in striking, but she always leaves herself open whenever she throws something. Also, it seems that first round she was the lesser active fighter.

She's certainly gonna need a few more fights before challenging for the title, again.

fBiaNrY.png

Last edited:
And I love Sara McMann, but I love Sara McMann.

She wasnt trying to fight, hold on and do lil work, still got the win by not fighting, congrates to you sir for being a fan of somebody NOBODY wants to see fight

if she gets her striking going she will truly become a force to be reckoned with IMO

like a female GSP but with Knockouts

I thought the other girl won, with almost 3 to 1 striking advantage

The judging criteria needs to be changed. I would have scored that 30-27 Murphy. You shouldn't win rounds by laying on top of people.

Offensively i thought her boxing looked good for WMMA, she throws tight straight punches with speed and explosiveness. Athletically her and Ronda are on a whole different level than anyone else in the division.

Great strategy to lay on top of opponent and get pummeled in the head for 15 minutes.

It's so easy to do that when you\re not fighting Ronda.

She got her ass kicked today, but had a couple of takedowns that looked more impressive.

I'm a McMann fan and I was convinced she lost. I knew the judges would fuck it up, though. They always do.

Offensively i thought her boxing looked good for WMMA, she throws tight straight punches with speed and explosiveness. Athletically her and Ronda are on a whole different level than anyone else in the division.

lol at putting Ronda and mclolMann at the same level, just lol

And Murphy needs to work on her TDD.

She did well for herself in round 3 when McMann got tired. The problem is that she is of such a caliber of wrestler, that it will be extremely tough for any other woman to stop her takedowns, no matter how much they work on their takedown defense.

It is like fighting Cormier or Askren.

And I love Sara McMann, but I love Sara McMann.
this.

she's actually one of my favorite female fighters to watch. she's got style, but my only critique would be that she seemed somewhat winded in the final frame (i wasn't paying to close attention tho)

I thought the other girl won, with almost 3 to 1dad striking advantage

She did win the fight, Sarah got the takedown every round but her head was face down not trying to fight at all! Bullshit win , Dana is non impressed, Ronda rematch not happening any time soon

She did win the fight, Sarah got the takedown every round but her head was face down not trying to fight at all! Bullshit win , Dana is non impressed, Ronda rematch not happening any time soon

Exactly, McMann isn't going to Fitch her way back to a title shot.

One so so fight for her.. No biggie she still won and is cute and classy as hell..

I hope she stays healthy I want to see Sara fight Cat Zigano or Miesha..

I have no hopes that she'll earn another title shot against Ronda after her performance tonight. It's too bad, because I really like her humble persona. It's just her striking looked SOOOO damn sloppy and tired tonight. She can control the fight on the ground, but can't manage to use ground and pound effectively. It reminded me of a Jake Shields fight but without submission attempts. Oh well. :(

Back