I love Sara McMann, but...

i thought her boxing looked good against rousey.

robin-williams-graham-o.gif

More on her fight IQ, she did decent fighting off sara in the third when she wasnt content to just lay on her back, if she tried to get up a few time in the first two rounds she probably would have won

It was just a generalized response to the "She should've done more" crowd. I thought the fight was fine overall.

Murphy is very good, the problem is that many attributed automatic superiority over other fighters to McMann based on her background which is flawed.

Holm huggers take note.

Have to love her even if she puts on shit fights. She's just so cute and sweet.

Murphy is very good, the problem is that many attributed automatic superiority over other fighters to McMann based on her background which is flawed.

Holm huggers take note.

How is Murphy very good? These are the records of fighters she has victories over.

Miriam Nakamoto (2-1)
Sarah D'Alelio (7-6)
Kaitlin Young (7-8)
Jennifer Scott (2-3)
Julia Griffin (1-3)
Leslie Wright (1-2)
Kloiah Wayland (1-2)

Last edited:
How is Murphy very good? These are the records of fighters she has victories over. Nakamoto (2-1), D'Alelio (7-6), Kaitlin Young (7-8), Jennifer Scott (2-3), Julia Griffin (1-3). :rolleyes:

Undefeated top 10 rates as 'very good' in my book. Besides the main point was about McMann, a lot of people just 'assumed' she would be 1 step above most/all other female fighters if half a step below Ronda based on her accolades in another sport... nope. I wouldn't feel confident calling her the favorite over Davis, Tate, or Kaufman.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Holm lost standing to someone like Kaufman or Nunes in an MMA match.

Undefeated top 10 rates as 'very good' in my book. Besides the main point was about McMann, a lot of people just 'assumed' she would be 1 step above most/all other female fighters if half a step below Ronda based on her accolades in another sport... nope. I wouldn't feel confident calling her the favorite over Davis, Tate, or Kaufman.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Holm lost standing to someone like Kaufman or Nunes in an MMA match.

Being undefeated means nothing in MMA unless your wins are over tough competition. Just cause MMArising.com lists Murphy as a top 10 fighter, doesn't mean that she is. Most of her wins are over fighters who have more L's on their records than they do W's.

145 is far more shallow. Take Rousey out of the picture at 135, and you have several women that could be champion... Zingano, McMann, Kaufman, Davis. Take Cyborg away from 145, and you're left with nothing but an old Coenen. A woman who got submitted by Tate and dominated by Carmouche.

That's because all those women are at a similar, underwhelming level.

The division sucks

It probably helped that her opponent was a natural 125er.

To be fair you could argue the same about McMann, she walks around in the lower 140's which compared to RRR, Alpha Cat, S-Kauf, the Hype, or a certain very tall Muay Thai champion with world class standup...

It's amazing how pessimistic people are around here about fighters.. You are either the champ or the #1 contender or suck and a gatekeeper.. Sara may never wear the belt but she is one of the best women in the world give her a break guys.. One so so fight is not worthy of all this bitching..

Honestly I feel like since entering MMA McMann's stand up has been improving at a faster rate than her ground game has. Imo she would have beat Murphy up if she kept the fight standing

How is Murphy very good? These are the records of fighters she has victories over.

Miriam Nakamoto (2-1)
Sarah D'Alelio (7-6)
Kaitlin Young (7-8)
Jennifer Scott (2-3)
Julia Griffin (1-3)
Leslie Wright (1-2)
Kloiah Wayland (1-2)

Before you even attempt to join in a conversation with MMA fans, do yourself a favor and actual watch the fights pertain to the topic of discussion instead of copy/paste from wikipedia.

Being undefeated means nothing in MMA unless your wins are over tough competition. Just cause MMArising.com lists Murphy as a top 10 fighter, doesn't mean that she is. Most of her wins are over fighters who have more L's on their records than they do W's.

Fair point, but you could call a lot of rankings into question... Gus has only beaten SHOTgun and almost beat Jones on what could have been an off night, does that really justify being nearly universally considered better than Glover, AJ, or even Phil... Stipe somehow rose in the HW rankings for beating barely top 20, less than gatekeeper LHW Fabio...

One could just as easily say, 'just because UFC lists McMann as a top 5 fighter doesn't mean she is, look at her best wins over Shayna and Murphy'.

Now is time for Tate fans to rejoice as it looks like the ones who hated on her for 'injustly' still being ranked top 4 are being shown to have jumped the gun.

Tito had a trilogy with an old and broken down Ken. The UFC will milk the Rousey/Tate feud for all its worth. Don't be surprised though if Tate screws up their plans and looks terrible against Nakai.

lol they're not making another Tate Rousey fight. Ken Shamrock was a very big draw and a Legend, Miesha isn't either of those things

That's because all those women are at a similar, underwhelming level.

The division sucks
If 135 sucks, I hate to think what that says about 145.

Coenen is the 2nd best featherweight, and she couldn't even beat Tate.

Budd is the 3rd best FW, and she got finished by both Rousey and Nunes in a minute combined.

Speaking of Nunes, she was considered to be a future contender at 145. Guess what? She moved down to 135 and got TKOd by Davis. She was also completely dominated by D'Alelio last year (not even ranked anymore at 135).

Gomes was also considered a top 145er, and she was armbarred in 25 seconds by Rousey in her pro debut.

Maxwell is the only 145er that Carano beat in her career, and it was a close decision. Yet Baszler managed to submit Maxwell in just 4 minutes.

Last edited:
Back