I love Sara McMann, but...

She doesn't seem to have any ability to mount an offense after getting her opponent to the ground.

She doesn't seem to have any ability to mount an offense after getting her opponent to the ground.

She did in her UFC debut. But she had a much more experienced opponent this time around.

763274129.gif

Did anyone see her purple thong ride up?

The judging criteria needs to be changed. I would have scored that 30-27 Murphy. You shouldn't win rounds by laying on top of people.

I agree. If she laid on top of me, I would surely be the winner.

Wrestling is much more heavily favored than most seem to realize. I've said for years that it's ridiculous that you can just hold somebody down while actually putting up less offense than the person on the bottom and still win. "Octagon control" is basically bonus points for wrestling.

I don't have anything against wrestling, but you should need to actually do something substantial with that control to get points for it. If you're using it to stall and avoid getting hit standing, that seems more like stalling than something you should be getting tons of points for. If you're on top, regardless of what you're doing, you're probably going to win in US MMA. That makes sense for wrestling given the objective is to pin the opponent. It doesn't make much sense to me for MMA grappling. The objective should be to FINISH, not to hold, stall, or pin.

Well you have two options, you cab give the round to the guy getting laid on. Which doesn't seem very fair. Or you can score the round a tie if nothing much happens during the round besides the laying. However, they don't want to do this because more drawn rounds will mean more drawn fights. And promoters hate draws, because they want winners and losers.

Who are they protecting her from?

Cyborg asked to leave the UFC, and can't make 135 anyway. She even admitted last year that she barely manages to make 145. Only way that fight happens is if the UFC creates a new division and Ronda goes up to challenge her.

Carano retires as soon as she loses. The truth is that Gina never took MMA seriously, and the sport was just a means to an end for her. She only comes back if her movie roles dry up.

Zingano pulled out of the Rousey fight due to injury. Has not fought in over a year. Will be making her comeback in Sept, and won't be ready for the New Year's card. She only fights once a year anyway since 2010.

Holm seems to want to put off the match as long as possible. Even her own coach admits they need a year before fighting Rousey.

Eye got a gift against Kaufman, and lost to the woman that Ronda KOd in 16 seconds.

Kaufman hasn't trained since her car accident. Was finished by Rousey in 54 seconds the first time, and nobody wants to see a rematch.

So who is left? Tate gets the shot pretty much by default. This is assuming she doesn't lay an egg against Nakai (which is a big possibility considering her history).

No way, the UFC wouldn't put Tate against Rousey for a long time yet. And certainly wouldn't give her a shot just by beating Nakai.

No way, the UFC wouldn't put Tate against Rousey for a long time yet. And certainly wouldn't give her a shot just by beating Nakai.
Tito had a trilogy with an old and broken down Ken. The UFC will milk the Rousey/Tate feud for all its worth. Don't be surprised though if Tate screws up their plans and looks terrible against Nakai.

And Murphy needs to work on her TDD.

More on her fight IQ, she did decent fighting off sara in the third when she wasnt content to just lay on her back, if she tried to get up a few time in the first two rounds she probably would have won

Back