I forgot Johny Harvey Hendricks retired

He wasn't a real likable guy. But he was a hell of a fighter. I'm by no means claiming the guy was natty, but I don't really think USADA was mainly responsible for his decline. He seemed lazy and poorly disciplined between camps. He'd really let himself go and just figure he'd lose it all in camp. It worked well enough for him in his mid and late 20s. But when you hit 30 or so, it just doesn't work like that anymore.

He got the best of GSP in my eyes.

Don’t feel bad, ts. I too didn’t know he had retired.

USADA set in upon his prime and ruined his career. Tis a shame but whatever... never like him much anyhow.

Edit: sorry op.. hard to mention this guy without USADA though
Replacing PEDs with burgers didn't help either.

I think he is only about 70% retired

you know what I'm saying?

To the man who beat GSP in his prime

<GinJuice>
Lol GSP had issues at that time and was at the end of his run. He said he would be taking time away from the sport weeks prior to that fight. So I wouldn't really call that his "prime".

Also, just because GSP's face was busted up doesn't mean he lost. I've rewatched that fight numerous times and although it was very close, GSP stayed more active. I agree with the decision.

But still, props to Hendricks. He's the one who gave GSP his toughest fight and came closest to taking that belt.

I hope he enjoys retirement. He will forever have my gratitude for retiring (albeit temporarily) GSP. Thank you Johny.
johny-hendricks-ufc-167-slo-mo-punch.gif

johny-hendricks-ufc-167-knee.gif

tumblr_mweqo1UOnM1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Thank you.

Lol. Riiight.
Hey I’m not gonna argue with nuthuggers here but there’s just as much evidence for Johnny juicing as there is GSP. GSP is actually more suspect than Hendricks imo, but just like most fighters pre usada I’m sure they both used whatever they could to compete at the highest level

Hey I’m not gonna argue with nuthuggers here but there’s just as much evidence for Johnny juicing as there is GSP. GSP is actually more suspect than Hendricks imo, but just like most fighters pre usada I’m sure they both used whatever they could to compete at the highest level
Lol at nuthugger.

The evidence are a lot clearer on Hendricks side. He outright refused the testing even when GSP offered to pay for it. He also went straight downhill after USADA came into place. Strange coincidence isn't it.

GSP didn't look like shit when he came back. Even was bigger than ever.

But sure, you can refer to him as "prime juiced GSP" in a discussion with Hendricks. It just sounds silly.

Lol at nuthugger.

The evidence are a lot clearer on Hendricks side. He outright refused the testing even when GSP offered to pay for it. He also went straight downhill after USADA came into place. Strange coincidence isn't it.

But sure, you can refer to him as "prime juiced GSP" in a discussion with Hendricks. It just sounds silly.
I was poking fun at your steroid accusations. I’ve seen you defend GSP and talk about him quite a lot so of course I’m going to think you’re biased.

Lighten up lol. I already said I’m not gonna argue. I have nothing against GSP. He was one of the first fighters that I admired and he is a gentleman. Cheers.

He retired GSP and sent him out on a loss, I’ll always thank him for that!

He juiced. When Usada came in, he was a shell of his former self.

Simple.

He also had more excuses than anyone and was really unlikable.

I was poking fun at your steroid accusations. I’ve seen you defend GSP and talk about him quite a lot so of course I’m going to think you’re biased.

Lighten up lol. I already said I’m not gonna argue. I have nothing against GSP. He was one of the first fighters that I admired and he is a gentleman. Cheers.
I do believe almost every fighter have been on something or have tried something at one point in there career including GSP.

But for that particular fight everything seemed to point that he was clean since he really was pushing that whole drug testing thing. On the other hand, Hendricks seemed suspicious as fk.

Guess we'll never know.

I swear all Harvey's are fat.

Lol at nuthugger.

Hendricks refused to do VADA testing because GSP was their spokesperson, fair enough too. He offered to to do WADA testing but GSP refused. GSP looked like shit in the hendricks fight which was the first time he went through random testing. Coincidence?

Still hoping he comes back to WW after he sorts his shit out.

Back