185x4x1
215x3x2
245x3x6

Squat
280x4x1
330x3x1
380x3x5 +belt

Notes
I need to start getting to the gym earlier. I'm always bumping up against closing time. Thanks to my tardiness, I was in a hurry today and didn't have any time for accessory movements. As usual, my back was still sore from deadlift day. I did resist belting up for the sets of 405, though. All the bench press sets were done on two minute intervals, so the bench is definitely due for an increase.

1:15

Recovery

Treadmill Walking

3.3mph for 30 min

Stretching and Myofascial Release

Chin-up
BWx12,8,8,7,7

Press
65x10x5

Hanging Leg Raise
BWx12x3

Back Extension
BWx12x3

Notes
I did yesterday's accessory work today because I didn't want to disappoint Donut. I think I need to start increasing the speed or incline (or both) on my treadmill walking. My heart rate was only ~116bpm at the end of my walk, which is just barely 60% (even less if you use the Karvonen method). I figure I should be getting it to 60+% for 25+ minutes. We'll see. I'm going to keep playing around with it. I'm trying to find the sweet spot between "not enough to help recovery" and "too stressful." My guess is that I'm still on the low end of the scale.

The low 130s is good imo.

Yeah. Using the Karvonen method for calculating target heart rates, 135bpm would be around 60%. Part of the reason I've been walking so slowly is that my feet were getting fatigued because I hadn't kept up the walking while I was gaining weight.

Also bear in mind as you keep doing this kind of low heart rate work your cardiac output will improve so you'll need to work harder to get your heart rate to 135 if you get what I mean.

I usually try to keep mine over 130bpm. I find that if I do 10 or so burpees right before I jump on it gets me right into that zone quickly.

update2ta0.jpg

Squat

255x3x1
305x3x1
355x3x2
405x2x2
455x1x1
501x1x1
526x1x1 45lb PR

Bench Press
155x3x1
185x3x1
215x3x2
245x2x2
275x1x1
301x1x1 15lb PR

Notes
It was a good day in the gym.

501lb squat

526lb squat

301lb bench press

Fuck me, now I'm sorry I asked for it.

*starts buying Mittens beer*

Goddam your bench was smooth like Billie D. Williams. Good job Mittens.

Maybe I could take up knitting?

It's a good thing that bench press is the truest test of a man's strength, or one might say you are beating me.

Wow that squat looked easy. Your using a wide stance right? I'm not really sure about how deep to go in a wide stance squat. At the bottom it doesn't feel nearly as low as when I'm in a narrow stance.

Fuck me, now I'm sorry I asked for it.

*starts buying Mittens beer*
That's right. YOU were the one who suggested I go for the max.
Holy shit. Nice fucking job man.
Thanks.
Goddam your bench was smooth like Billie D. Williams. Good job Mittens.

Maybe I could take up knitting?
It might just work. Or you could get yourself banned on multiple internet forums. That does wonders.
Fuckin' A! I'd sure say so.

Nice job.
Thanks.
It's a good thing that bench press is the truest test of a man's strength, or one might say you are beating me.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Wow that squat looked easy. Your using a wide stance right? I'm not really sure about how deep to go in a wide stance squat. At the bottom it doesn't feel nearly as low as when I'm in a narrow stance.
My heels are about shoulder width or just slightly wider and my toes are a bit further out.
It's just his tiny knees throwing off the perspective.
Jealous much?
nice PRs, Chase.
Thanks, Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back