I enjoy strength training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shit Chaos. I enjoyed the shit out of your posts with Vedic in the D&S. Very quality stuff.

Good shit Chaos. I enjoyed the shit out of your posts with Vedic in the D&S. Very quality stuff.

The funny part is that I was laughing the whole time I was reading and posting in that thread, but I am pretty sure he was getting upset and taking everything really seriously.

The funny part is that I was laughing the whole time I was reading and posting in that thread, but I am pretty sure he was getting upset and taking everything really seriously.

Yea, it was fucking awesome. A+ from me.

Recovery

Treadmill Walking

3.2mph for 30 minutes

Stretching and Myofascial Release

Notes
I'm going to wait on passing Donut with the treadmill walking. I want him to have something to hold on to when I beat him to 1500.

Bench Press

155x5x1
185x4x1
215x3x2
245x3x1
286x1x1 10lb PR
245x3x1
260x2x3
245x3x2

Notes
In and out. I am going fishing tomorrow and didn't want to be sore from the waist down while being on my feet for 8 hours. Yes, lame. I don't even like fishing. Anyway, I used the lack of squats as an excuse to grab a small bench PR.

0:30

Damn, that was easy too. You had another 10 or 15 pounds in you, too. Good job.

Great job Mittens!!

sarcasm_meter.jpg

If you're not getting a spot, why don't you slide up the bench a little when you set up? If you're up the bench a little more before you bridge, you don't have to unrack from such an angle.

Maybe it's just me, but that angle bugs my shoulders, but I'm fine if I slide up just a bit and basically unrack above my chin or even lower. My bar path is the same either way.

Not that I bench anything.

If you're not getting a spot, why don't you slide up the bench a little when you set up? If you're up the bench a little more before you bridge, you don't have to unrack from such an angle.

Maybe it's just me, but that angle bugs my shoulders, but I'm fine if I slide up just a bit and basically unrack above my chin or even lower. My bar path is the same either way.

Not that I bench anything.

It's not a very good setup for bench press. I don't use a lift-off because I don't have a training partner and I can't get one on a regular basis. That rack is pretty nice, but the down side with those hooks is that they are quite deep (maybe 4" from the end of the hooks to where the bar rests). Consequently, if I don't slide down the bench, I end up hitting the hooks on the way up. Definitely less than ideal, but what are you going to do. Not everybody lives by a facility with EliteFTS benches like Donut.

Skipping squats to go fishing is about as queer as Zop. Nice bench.

Good benching sir, is everyone else in the 1500 comp doing proper 'competition' benches or are you the only one with such honour?

Good benching sir, is everyone else in the 1500 comp doing proper 'competition' benches or are you the only one with such honour?

We are all doing comp legal (IPF) bench, squat and dead. Do you think Chase would agree to a rule that make something harder for him, but easier for everyone else?

Bench Press

155x5x1
185x5x1
215x5x2
230x4x5

Deadlift
315x4x1
365x4x1
425x3x2
485x3x3
515x2x3

Notes
Everything felt pretty good. No belt. The last few deadlift PRs I've had, I have used a belt, but I never really wear it for submaximal lifts in training.

1:10

Recovery

Lawn Mowing

30 minutes

Stretching and Myofascial Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back