• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I enjoy strength training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovery

Treadmill Walking

3.3mph at 2% incline for 30 minutes

Stretching and Myofascial Release

Hey Chase,

How do you set up your deadlift microcycles when you remove the partials, specifically weeks 1-3?

I'm guessing its something like this:

wk. 1-3
50% x3
60% x3
70% x3 x2
80% x3 x5

Hey Chase,

How do you set up your deadlift microcycles when you remove the partials, specifically weeks 1-3?

I'm guessing its something like this:

wk. 1-3
50% x3
60% x3
70% x3 x2
80% x3 x5

That's what I've been doing. The 80%x3x5 is the "meat and potatoes" of the Sheiko programming. You see it used for all three of the lifts. I've been keeping my deadlift volume relatively low because I find that I have a harder time recovering from deadlifting than squatting or bench pressing.

How was the strongman comp w/ nauseous Superman?

Are you going to try strongman next year or are you sticking with PLing?
You probably should start training now and forget about the race to 1500.
jedi-entrepreneur-mind-trick.jpg

How was the strongman comp w/ nauseous Superman?

Are you going to try strongman next year or are you sticking with PLing?
You probably should start training now and forget about the race to 1500.
jedi-entrepreneur-mind-trick.jpg

The comp was fun. I think I might compete in that one next year. Powerlifting will remain the priority until I get my Master of Sports total. My recent squat PR has made me optimistic that I won't need to worry about the race to 1500 much longer.:)

I'm going to start training strongman now to get a head start and abandon the race.

Not that I am aware of or planning on at this time. What were you thinking?

You mentioned the strongman and you've said before that your fiancee has one more year left of school. I wondered if you were meaning that you might do that contest next year.

Now that I think about it, it would be pretty difficult to do the USAPL Raw Nationals next year and follow up with a strongman contest the following week.

Yeah that would be a little tight. I want to do strongman though. I will probably make my strongman debut next fall. I have no idea when we plan to move, but hopefully we will start the ball rolling in that direction next year.

Recovery

Treadmill Walking

3.3mph at 2% incline for 30 minutes

Stretching and Myofascial Release

Sheiko CMS/MS Prep Week 1 Day 1

Squat

255x5x1
310x4x2
360x3x2
410x2x5

Bench Press
155x5x1
190x4x1
220x3x2
250x3x6

Chin-up
BWx12,9,7,7,7

Squat
255x5x1
310x5x1
360x4x5

Hanging Leg Raise
BWx12,10,10

Notes
Back felt perfectly fine. Not trying to be a hero on Friday and giving myself an extra day of rest (yesterday) were good decisions. Bench and squat training maxes are 312.5 and 512.5 respectively. I'm not jumping to a 526 training max for the squat because I think the beltless squatting and 6.25lb/month jumps are working well for me.

Yeah that would be a little tight. I want to do strongman though. I will probably make my strongman debut next fall. I have no idea when we plan to move, but hopefully we will start the ball rolling in that direction next year.
Gah. Hurry up.
I don't see any lawnmowing in that workout.
The lawn is a beautiful shade of greenish-brown and its growth has slowed significantly.
Whoa whoa whoa....don't give too much away. Jesus, you're such a blabber-mouth.
OMG! Ascendant was so amazing! You guys should make sure to watch all of his vids!

So how did you come out to a 6.25lb jump? Seems too specific to not have some sort of reasoning behind it.

So how did you come out to a 6.25lb jump? Seems too specific to not have some sort of reasoning behind it.

80% * 6.25 = 5. I wanted to increase the rate that I was progressing on the bench press, but the occasional 10lb jump on 80% work seemed like a bit much. This way, you make a 5lb jump on the 80% sets every time and it will take 16 jumps to get to the point where 85% makes a 10lb jump.

Yes, I really sit around and think about stuff like this.

80% * 6.25 = 5. I wanted to increase the rate that I was progressing on the bench press, but the occasional 10lb jump on 80% work seemed like a bit much. This way, you make a 5lb jump on the 80% sets every time and it will take 16 jumps to get to the point where 85% makes a 10lb jump.

Yes, I really sit around and think about stuff like this.

*head explodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back