I am seriously asking you, why do you like Trump? Please note: I'm not trying to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it some time. He's got a full plate with only 3 weeks in!

trumpgun-1.jpg

I hope so. I have been waiting years.

The economy boomed under Reagan....then busted in 1987. Boom and bust is a historical trend correlated with far right trickle-down style economics that repeats itself every time it gets implemented. Greenspan and the housing bubble, laffer/Reaganomics and black monday, Mellonomics and the great depression, horse/sparrow economics and the double banking crisis....every one of these happened as a result/in the aftermath of either Reagan/Laffer's economic model or a very similar one.

Also, don't forget that the national deficit tripled under Reagan - percentage wise this is a worse effect than Obama had, who you previously called an embarrassment.

Saying that he ended the cold war is, although maybe not a flat out lie, definitely hyperbole. The soviet union and its communist regime was doomed to fail regardless of who the US president was at the time due to their planned central economy's failure to anticipate and adapt to changes in the global market. Seriously, Mimi Soltysik could've gone back in time and become president in Reagan's place and the Soviet Union would've still collapsed and resulted in the end of the Cold War. This isn't to say that Reagan didn't play a role at all, you can give him some credit for this, as the arms race definitely took a tool on the Soviet economy and that's still a big deal, but to say that he flat out ended the Cold War is exaggerated to the point of revising history

As for pride to be American, that's because the republican party co-opted patriotism into their campaigning around this time in order to sell themselves to voters. "If you vote democrat you're un-american" became a schtick - not unlike (or rather, exactly like) today's SJWs playing the "everyone who votes for the other team is a racist and a sexist and a homophobe" card.

<{anton}><{monica}>

He is the last hope for Western Civilisation.

The alliance between the left and militant Islam will eventually destroy the west though

I don't believe it will. Remember Gideon and the 300.

Judges 6 and 7

http://biblehub.com/kjv/judges/6.htm

http://biblehub.com/kjv/judges/7.htm

2 Chronicles 7:14
"14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

@Devout Pessimist

It's SO much of a thing that the shooting is but one example.

Oh yeah...that shooting in Canada was done by a WHITE GUY.
How does bringing up the Quebec City shooting counter anything that I said?

There was a shooting where Muslims were killed, so the Canadian Gov't ISN'T about to vote on making blaspheming Islam as an arrestable defense? (Giving Islam exclusive status if it goes through. It is not an arrestable offense to criticize any other religion. )

Are you in support of M-103 passing?

I like him because I'm an anarchist at heart.

He's going to either bring about WW3 or not act on global warming enough for it to cause serious damage.

Enough for me to sit back, laugh and enjoy from my safe isolated country.

I like him because I'm an anarchist at heart.

He's going to either bring about WW3 or not act on global warming enough for it to cause serious damage.

Enough for me to sit back, laugh and enjoy from my safe isolated country.

How much would the U.S. need to reduce its own CO2 output in order for worldwide CO2 output to not cause serious damage?

How much would the U.S. need to reduce its own CO2 output in order for worldwide CO2 output to not cause serious damage?
who cares about CO2, if a few ice cubes have to be sacrificed for MAGA
giphy.gif

I don't know what it is, but my affinity for the Trump grows with every pound of salt on here.

1) he's not a career politician

2) he's not too far right or far left

3) he encourages Americans to have pride in their country (civic nationalism)

4) he's not a globalist

5) his policies discourage corruption in government

6) his policies provide great value for the people

7) he absolutely shit all over hillary clinton and destroyed the clinton political crime syndicate (not in jail yet - but the clinton foundation was forced to close)

8) he shits all over the lying media

9) 4D chess

10) audit the fed

11) 100 day contract..

12) expert negotiator

could honestly keep going until 50.

all that being said, I'm still not a hardened trump supporter, he still has a lot to deliver on. I need to see the swamp being aggressively drained before I can fully back him.

I don't like Trump. He DOES lie. He does shoot from the hip and say stupid things. He does flip flop. And on and on.

I don't like Trump. BUT I like conservative policy (and lately, I despise what the liberals/democrats are starting to stand for--Marxism, reverse racism and ironic intolerance) and he's doing some good things so far. He's also doing some bad things, but they've all been blown out of proportion by a predominantly liberal mainstream media.

One thing I'll point to in particular is his immigration policy. Liberals like to call him hitler and try to say that he hates all immigrants(including his wife, ironically), but he's only trying to enforce the existing immigration laws, and that means cracking down on sanctuary cities. It's something we should have done a long time ago.

The media is reduced to using buzzwords like "transgender domestic violence victim arrested by ICE!" and such, in some cases without so much as mentioning that their ultimate victim is actually a repeat violent crime offender who's already been deported 6 times. If you hate Trump for the lies and the stupid things he says, you have to hate the liberal media for much the same reasons.

Last edited:
I don't know what it is, but my affinity for the Trump grows with every pound of salt on here.

That really is the only appeal I can understand when it comes to Trump.

He may be embarrassing on the international stage, he may have no principled opinions on anything other than his own greatness, he may advocate policies which enrich himself and his fellow billionaires at the expense of the working and lower middle class, and he may attack the fundamental institutions of the nation which has given him so much...

But he is really divisive and angers my own political enemies, so have at it.

There is nothing conservative about Trump.

BUT I like conservative policy

What is Trump conserving? His policies, when he has any, seem radical. None of it is based on the law/constitution of the land, or any principled defense of individual liberty, which are two longstanding conservative principles?

I don't like Trump. He DOES lie. He does shoot from the hip and say stupid things. He does flip flop. And on and on.

I don't like Trump. BUT I like conservative policy (and lately, I despise what the liberals/democrats are starting to stand for--Marxism, reverse racism and ironic intolerance) and he's doing some good things so far. He's also doing some bad things, but they've all been blown out of proportion by a predominantly liberal mainstream media.

One thing I'll point to in particular is his immigration policy. Liberals like to call him hitler and try to say that he hates all immigrants(including his wife, ironically), but he's only trying to enforce the existing immigration laws, and that means cracking down on sanctuary cities. It's something we should have done a long time ago.

The media is reduced to using buzzwords like "transgender domestic violence victim arrested by ICE!" and such, in some cases without so much as mentioning that their ultimate victim is actually a repeat violent crime offender who's already been deported 6 times. If you hate Trump for the lies and the stupid things he says, you have to hate the liberal media for much the same reasons.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

"The media lies so Trump can as well!"

The media is made up of tens of thousands of individuals with a broad set of motivations. You expect them to tell the absolute truth (as you see it, no doubt), in total unison, or lying is fine from the single most powerful figure of the US government, lying about basic, verifiable information?

I'll ask again, is it too much to expect Trump to be factually accurate? Is the bar for the US president actually so low you will tolerate completely divisive, factually incorrect information to be spouted on the taxpayers dime, with the justification being, "well.... they do it!"?

Holy shit your political system is broken. And you expect Trump to fix it?

What is Trump conserving? His policies, when he has any, seem radical. None of it is based on the law/constitution of the land, or any principled defense of individual liberty, which are two longstanding conservative principles?
I edited my post to mention immigration.

When you say "not based on law/constitution" I assume you're talking about the "muslim ban" which only temporarily banned 7 countries, 6 of which Obama dropped tens of thousands of bombs on in 2016 because (spoiler alert) they're terrorist hotspots. Actually, it's highly debatable whether it was lawful/constitutional, because 8 USC 1182 states that the president is able to stop any class of aliens from entering the country. The court shot it down for political reasons, not through strict interpretation of law. They argued that those 7 countries posed no threat to us (even though 33+ people from those countries have been convicted for serious terrorist related crimes) and that Trump was just targeting muslims (based on stuff he said during the campaign) and therefore 8 USC 1182 doesn't apply here because it's illegal to discriminate based on religion. Even though that's not what he did...

You're comparing apples and oranges.

"The media lies so Trump can as well!"

The media is made up of tens of thousands of individuals with a broad set of motivations. You expect them to tell the absolute truth (as you see it, no doubt), in total unison, or lying is fine from the single most powerful figure of the US government, lying about basic, verifiable information?

I'll ask again, is it too much to expect Trump to be factually accurate? Is the bar for the US president actually so low you will tolerate completely divisive, factually incorrect information to be spouted on the taxpayers dime, with the justification being, "well.... they do it!"?

Holy shit your political system is broken. And you expect Trump to fix it?

I didn't say it's OK for Trump to lie. I said I didn't like it.

I edited my post to mention immigration.

When you say "not based on law/constitution" I assume you're talking about the "muslim ban" which only temporarily banned 7 countries, 6 of which Obama dropped tens of thousands of bombs on in 2016 because (spoiler alert) they're terrorist hotspots. Actually, it's highly debatable whether it was lawful/constitutional, because 8 USC 1182 states that the president is able to stop any class of aliens from entering the country. The court shot it down for political reasons, not through strict interpretation of law. They argued that those 7 countries posed no threat to us (even though 33+ people from those countries have been convicted for serious terrorist related crimes) and that Trump was just targeting muslims (based on stuff he said during the campaign) and therefore 8 USC 1182 doesn't apply here because it's illegal to discriminate based on religion. Even though that's not what he did...

Well the fact he attacked the court for a judicial decision (which is their role as per the constitution as part of checks and balances). As well as his views on stop and frisk, another unconstitutional policy he supports.

But mostly, I don't think I've ever heard him speak about the constitution as actually being an important constraint on himself as president, or used it as any kind of guiding or supporting document in any of his policymaking or wider political views.

His presidency seems to be about him, not about the actual wellbeing of the USA at large for all it's citizens.

I won't bother digging up the 2013 quote from Trump advocating open borders because it will be ignored, or explained away as something other than evidence that he will say and do anything whatsoever to benefit himself that he feels necessary to do so at the time.

He's a fraud and a total embarrassment.

I didn't say it's OK for Trump to lie. I said I didn't like it.

But not enough to demand anything better?

He's an embarrassment to the office of the US presidency and a dangerously unqualified individual to be holding said office.

That really is the only appeal I can understand when it comes to Trump.

He may be embarrassing on the international stage, he may have no principled opinions on anything other than his own greatness, he may advocate policies which enrich himself and his fellow billionaires at the expense of the working and lower middle class, and he may attack the fundamental institutions of the nation which has given him so much...

But he is really divisive and angers my own political enemies, so have at it.

There is nothing conservative about Trump.

Uncompromising men are easy to admire.

Uncompromising men are easy to admire.

By your standards, Mao would make as good a president as Trump, provided the same proportion of the population agreed with his policies.

You're obviously not serious but I hope I've highlighted the absurdity and danger of your low standards of a president of the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back