I am seriously asking you, why do you like Trump? Please note: I'm not trying to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Objectively speaking, he's anti-intelligent...(he needed clarification about START for example...) he lies and lies and lies and...lies; he cannot take a fucking joke; he cannot handle criticism; he uses TWITTER for the most POINTLESS THINGS EVER.........and he's the president folks; he filled his cabinet with the definition of "corporate swamp people", and of course there's Bannon and Carson.........; MIKE FUCKING PENCE is his vice...; etc, etc, etc.

Oh, and to reiterate, I'm not trying to fight, (as the thread title indicates) I'm just talking about HIM...not you. If you love him, so be it, I'm just curious as to why.

Trump seems to be far beyond insecure in every way imaginable, and that's not a good trait to have as POTUS...

The USA is now the laughing stock of THE WORLD...and I can see why.

Anyway, why do you like him?

And AGAIN...I'm serious. If I try to tear you down for being fond of him, that will stifle the entire purpose of this thread.

Speak freely.

3e870e94d1528146_mp2.gif

I've never been much of a Trump the person fan, but I like Trump's policies:
  • International Trade Deals
  • Forcing NATO Countries to pay more
  • Middle East Peace Deals
  • Recognizing Jerusalem as the Capitol of Israel
  • Getting N. Korea to stand down and chill out when Obama thought there would be war
  • Specific Acts for Black American improvements (College Funding, First Step Act, Opportunity Zones, and Awesome Employment Figures)
  • The Wall... I lived in San Diego... this was 100% necessary
  • Getting Mexico to vet Illegal Aliens... in Mexico
  • Prescription Drug policy
  • Sticking it to China and calling them out
  • Removal of Regulations
  • Getting out of the Middle East
  • Energy Independence
  • Fracking (Clean Natural Gas)
  • Judge Nominations and choices for those positions

That's off the top of my head, but yeah... dude did some great things for America and we should all be grateful.

Last edited:
Objectively speaking, he's anti-intelligent...(he needed clarification about START for example...) he lies and lies and lies and...lies; he cannot take a fucking joke; he cannot handle criticism; he uses TWITTER for the most POINTLESS THINGS EVER.........and he's the president folks; he filled his cabinet with the definition of "corporate swamp people", and of course there's Bannon and Carson.........; MIKE FUCKING PENCE is his vice...; etc, etc, etc.

Oh, and to reiterate, I'm not trying to fight, (as the thread title indicates) I'm just talking about HIM...not you. If you love him, so be it, I'm just curious as to why.

Trump seems to be far beyond insecure in every way imaginable, and that's not a good trait to have as POTUS...

The USA is now the laughing stock of THE WORLD...and I can see why.

Anyway, why do you like him?

And AGAIN...I'm serious. If I try to tear you down for being fond of him, that will stifle the entire purpose of this thread.

Speak freely.

I don't like him. But I think I understand it. Or at least some of it. Here goes:

For one, Trump doesn't lay down. People like that. It's actually an admirable trait (even if it isn't expressed in admirable ways by Trump).

So, for instance, a lot of people who hate Trump got their nose out if joint over him calling Covid the China Virus. But people who support him might point out that China throws that sort of shit out all of the time. In fact, China floated the idea of the US military creating and spreading the virus first, and then as a response to that Trump started pointing out that it came from China. I mean, it's not genius level stuff, but you could see how some people might prefer that sort of response to just laying down and letting China make wild accusations.

Similar thing happens when the left starts taking provocative academic discussion and theory out of the context of the classroom and scholarly debate (where it certainly had it's place) and onto mass media where it doesn't make sense. Concepts like racism and white supremacy have very different connotations in an academic journal than they do among regular non academics. If you're going to put forward the idea that all white people are racist (a very real idea that had been floated by people on the left) then you probably shouldn't be surprised that some people are going to feel they've been pushed into a corner and are going to rally behind a champion who will throw down and fight his way out. You need to give people an out. You can't accuse them of having horrible character, give them no space to deny it or explain themselves or try prove that you're mistaken, and then be surprised when they decide that if they're going to be labeled as a bad person regardless of what they do, they might as well go out fighting.

Aside from that, I think they feel like he's kind of a tough old dude, and that has its own appeal.

And finally, there's a point where the constant attacks and hysteria against his every move and utterance and tweet makes some people get so annoyed with all of the frigging hyperbolic bitching and whining that they kinda find themselves defending him on little things that shouldn't be creating such an uproar and then over time it just starts to feel natural to defend him against all the nuttiness.

Think of the fight over the border wall. The hysteria over that would make you think he was putting up his own Berlin Wall on the border to keep his own people in. I mean, honestly, a wall or fence on a national border is hardly a novel idea. But now you're going to tell me that if I think s border wall is a good idea I must be a racist?

The debate about that wall should have been about as politically heated as a local community deciding if they want to build a bridge or keep driving around the lake. It's an infrastructure question. Do we need it? What will it cost? That's the sort of questions it brings up for reasonable people. If your going to freak out about it and now anyone who is for a wall is a horrible person, then yeah. Maybe some of those people get caught up in defending themselves and start to feel like they're in it together with Trump being targeted in these wildly out of proportion attacks for more or less innocuous policy ideas.

That's my take. Or part of it. Sorry it's so long.

- calling the bullshit media out on their bullshit media.

^^^ and this! I've loathed the MSM for a very long time. It's so good to know that half America gets what a propaganda sham they really are now.

^^^ and this! I've loathed the MSM for a very long time. It's so good to know that half America gets what a propaganda sham they really are now.
But they don't. The same people who write these comments tune into Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity every night.

It's like condemning cheeseburgers and fries for having poor nutritional value while living off of skittles.

But they don't. The same people who write these comments tune into Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity every night.

It's like condemning cheeseburgers and fries for having poor nutritional value while living off of skittles.
Exactly. He didn't open up anyone's eyes to this crap.

you're getting too emotional like libs do. It's just business and he's doing what he said he would do.

What's that? Making a mockery of the presidency every chance he got?

I joked about him getting elected and starting a white house reality show. Even though it wasn't official, It pretty much happened. Just like his show, he got his familia involved in roles they were nowhere near qualified to fill and became one of the biggest trolls on social media.

I'm sure the rest of the world was tuning in and cringe laughing their asses off for nearly 4 years.

Even though he says dumb shit occasionally he never backs down or apologizes for any of it. It's very refreshing and I respect him for it. I wish more celebrities were like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back