I am seriously asking you, why do you like Trump? Please note: I'm not trying to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
By your standards, Mao would make as good a president as Trump, provided the same proportion of the population agreed with his policies.

You're obviously not serious but I hope I've highlighted the absurdity and danger of your low standards of a president of the US.

If supporting immigration enforcement in lieu of a welfare state, and making bilateral agreements in place of cluster fucked multilateral ones is the bar for low standards then I'll stand guilty as charged.

To be frank though, I don't think you understand what standards or even what arguments actually are.

Well the fact he attacked the court for a judicial decision (which is their role as per the constitution as part of checks and balances). As well as his views on stop and frisk, another unconstitutional policy he supports.

But mostly, I don't think I've ever heard him speak about the constitution as actually being an important constraint on himself as president, or used it as any kind of guiding or supporting document in any of his policymaking or wider political views.

It's quite amazing how much the left has referenced the constitution since the election. Coincidence perhaps?

Cut the shit guy. You don't care about the constitution. You're a virtue signalling collectivist.

If supporting immigration enforcement in lieu of a welfare state, and making bilateral agreements in place of cluster fucked multilateral ones is the bar for low standards then I'll stand guilty as charged.

To be frank though, I don't think you understand what standards or even what arguments actually are.

Your argument has changed though. Your original comment suggested you supported Trump because he upset your political opponents - is that not an accurate characterisation of your initial post in this thread I responded to?

I then said that this is the only reason I could see to support Trump, and listed all the reasons based on what I considered more important issues to base your view of him on including disregard for institutions, divisiveness, and probably most importantly, his propensity to lie for his own gain/convenience.

Given that he doesn't have any actual policies other than what is expedient at this exact moment, I just don't really understand how you could trust a single thing he says, especially if you consider the credibility of his office and respect for the constitution as being important, which I think most reasonable people would.

Where is my logic falling down?

It's quite amazing how much the left has referenced the constitution since the election. Coincidence perhaps?

Cut the shit guy. You don't care about the constitution. You're a virtue signalling collectivist.

You see the constitution as a document supporting anarcho capitalism, which I and most politicians and legal scholars would disagree with.

What am I signalling and to who?

Your argument has changed though. Your original comment suggested you supported Trump because he upset your political opponents - is that not an accurate characterisation of your initial post in this thread I responded to?

I then said that this is the only reason I could see to support Trump, and listed all the reasons based on what I considered more important issues to base your view of him on including disregard for institutions, divisiveness, and probably most importantly, his propensity to lie for his own gain/convenience.

Given that he doesn't have any actual policies other than what is expedient at this exact moment, I just don't really understand how you could trust a single thing he says, especially if you consider the credibility of his office and respect for the constitution as being important, which I think most reasonable people would.

Where is my logic falling down?

You should appreciate tongue and cheek when you see it.

You see the constitution as a document supporting anarcho capitalism, which I and most politicians and legal scholars would disagree with.

Good thing reality isn't a popularity contest then huh?

Last edited:
You should appreciate tongue and cheek when you see it.

I would have thought you would be more concerned with a demagogue destroying the credibility of the office he holds, rather than trolling.

God thing reality isn't a popularity contest then huh?

Like the health care thread, your idea of what the constitution should be in bares no resemblance to reality which we are actually discussing in this thread. I'm sure you get a kick out of the mental exercise but actual facts/reality are more important to most people.

I would have thought you would be more concerned with a demagogue destroying the credibility of the office he holds, rather than trolling.

Why would I be concerned with a demagogue destroying an office I don't think should exist?

Anyway dude, you should be ecstatic that someone like Trump is president. Advances in society are made more by bad governance than good.

Like the health care thread, your idea of what the constitution should be in bares no resemblance to reality which we are actually discussing in this thread. I'm sure you get a kick out of the mental exercise but actual facts/reality are more important to most people.

All I mentioned in "the healthcare thread" was that it was a stupid idea to allocate medical services with a compulsory funded monopoly.... The constitution need not apply.

The United States of America may be the laughing stock of the world, according to an earlier post, but it's not his fault.
The mainstream press around the world during the election is to blame. They all decided to ridicule the guy and treat him as a joke.
I'm glad he won as i thought he'd be good at the job and will see things from fresh eyes.
I honestly don't understand all these marches that are going on though.

The United States of America may be the laughing stock of the world, according to an earlier post, but it's not his fault.
The mainstream press around the world during the election is to blame. They all decided to ridicule the guy and treat him as a joke.
I'm glad he won as i thought he'd be good at the job and will see things from fresh eyes.
I honestly don't understand all these marches that are going on though.

What is the appropriate response? Has he earned respect?

What is Trump conserving? His policies, when he has any, seem radical. None of it is based on the law/constitution of the land, or any principled defense of individual liberty, which are two longstanding conservative principles?
his policies are just common sense, in as much as what he doesn't do.

he's enforcing immigration, SURE we don't need more legal assholes in here, how about we let ppl in when we have zero unemployment?

he's enforcing ILLEGAL Aliens, SURE, they're fucking criminals

he's let the 2014 gay work protection rights STAY, he hasn't revoked it, cuz he cares about the gays. Look for an old man 70 yr white guy who swore on two bibles to MAGA, and had the power to majorly fuck over the gays, he said, nah i'm good.

Everything he's done is just fucking common sense.

his policies are just common sense, in as much as what he doesn't do.

he's enforcing immigration, SURE we don't need more legal assholes in here, how about we let ppl in when we have zero unemployment?

he's enforcing ILLEGAL Aliens, SURE, they're fucking criminals

he's let the 2014 gay work protection rights STAY, he hasn't revoked it, cuz he cares about the gays. Look for an old man 70 yr white guy who swore on two bibles to MAGA, and had the power to majorly fuck over the gays, he said, nah i'm good.

Everything he's done is just fucking common sense.

So...do you still think that "Everything he's done is just fucking common sense."?????????

trump DUMPED.

I like Trump because he seems to be the anti-establishment politician. I can see through the media bias and the TDR, most people dislike Trump because the media portrayed him as racist and sexist and a terrible person but I don't see that. I see someone who gave up a relaxing wealthy life because he wanted to do something positive. All the hysteria about how Donald Trump couldn't be trusted to be in power of nuclear weapons seems ridiculous to me when the politicians he is running against are the establishment politicians who went to war many times over the years because of secret service and MSM manufactured lies. I like how he says things straight out and calls the media out on their ridiculous bias. My one criticism of Trump was his aggressive dealings with European allies, although probably a good thing for the American economy I see it as immoral and not good to increase tensions with allies. He did decrease tensions with Russia and North Korea though and I think the establishment globalists would have been pushing for war with them (as usual).

Objectively speaking, he's anti-intelligent...(he needed clarification about START for example...) he lies and lies and lies and...lies; he cannot take a fucking joke; he cannot handle criticism; he uses TWITTER for the most POINTLESS THINGS EVER.........and he's the president folks; he filled his cabinet with the definition of "corporate swamp people", and of course there's Bannon and Carson.........; MIKE FUCKING PENCE is his vice...; etc, etc, etc.

Oh, and to reiterate, I'm not trying to fight, (as the thread title indicates) I'm just talking about HIM...not you. If you love him, so be it, I'm just curious as to why.

Trump seems to be far beyond insecure in every way imaginable, and that's not a good trait to have as POTUS...

The USA is now the laughing stock of THE WORLD...and I can see why.

Anyway, why do you like him?

And AGAIN...I'm serious. If I try to tear you down for being fond of him, that will stifle the entire purpose of this thread.

Speak freely.

"Honest guys! I'm not trying to start a fight! I just want you to give your opinions and reasoning so I can dispute them and yell at you! It's completely different!"

"Honest guys! I'm not trying to start a fight! I just want you to give your opinions and reasoning so I can dispute them and yell at you! It's completely different!"

NOW you're getting it! :)

Typical really, did you expect more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back