I am from Chile. Ive been a fan for 17 years. IM DEVASTATED.

If you've been a fan for 17 years then you should know that this shit happens to UFC events on a regular basis. UFC Chile has really taken a beating, and I'm sorry for you about that, but it will still be an event full of elite-level fighters (as long as there are no lame WMMA fights or obese-heavyweight fights), so if you're a real fight fan and not a casual you should still have a great time.
dana_white_clown.jpg

I remember when the Internet and sherdog were the only way to know mma. Remember waiting days to be able to read about who won in Pride and waiting weeks for pics. Sherdog highlights were the yhing back then.

When I bought my ticket for UFC Chile I was so happy because that was a dream of mine for almost 2 decades.
Seeing a legend like Shogun live was the main reason.

Dont recall any other event where the main and co main events get scrapped almost simultaneously.

Now I understand when people get all furious at these foking changes in cards after they got tickets.

I hope they generate 2 good fights to replace the ones that got scrapped because if Ray Borg is what we get instead im trying to return my foking ticket and get a refund.

Uff I needed to get that off my chest...
TS for what it's worth I live in Oregon and am poor as shit so i can't travel much. I skipped only the 2nd event ever here because i thought the card sucked. I never watched it, but i deeply regret not seeing my first ever UFC event. If the card stays you should go.

This would NEVER happen if Pinochet were still running things down there.

Well, if you actually read my post that is the exact question that I answered. The experience. Having a good time in a social environment with likeminded people. It’s really not too hard to comprehend haha.

You’re answering a question that wasn’t asked. Fact is you’re going to get a better view of football, baseball and American football watching it on tv, with the replays, camera angles etc etc.
Not to mention at those sport events you’re quite a way from the action and will be sitting behind a goal or at the side, meaning your view will be impaired throughout the game.

People go to events to support their team, enjoy the atmosphere and have a good time, not to get the best view, it’s the same with mma.

Overall, I hear ya.

And I guess my three MMA live experiences were somewhat tained by the fact the cards were 'meh' and with little excitement in terms of action.

Throughout all three of them I was like 'I paid good money for these tickets, and I'd be having more fun watching this at home.'

That was just my own personal experiences, and I went to three events hoping it'd 'hook' me.

Perhaps if I was present at an all-time great fight of all time like Hendo/Shogun1, Sanchez/Guida, or Jones/Guffason, my perspective would be different.

BUT, there's one thing I will maintain, being cageside isn't a good as its hyped up to be. The Bellator card I was cageside at had the 'turnbuckle' infront of me and blocked my view for every strike thrown during the 43-second long main event. That was frustrating.

Just be happy that ufc is actually bringing their fighters to that hole

Just be happy that ufc is actually bringing their fighters to that hole
Hahaha good ol sherdog...

Btw i think I will go anyway, as some said I dont know if theyll ever be back to this hole. Its true it happens that the best fights often are not the main or co-main. And I will get to watch fellow countrymen do battle.
WAR Chilenos!!!

I remember when the Internet and sherdog were the only way to know mma. Remember waiting days to be able to read about who won in Pride and waiting weeks for pics. Sherdog highlights were the yhing back then.

When I bought my ticket for UFC Chile I was so happy because that was a dream of mine for almost 2 decades.
Seeing a legend like Shogun live was the main reason.

Dont recall any other event where the main and co main events get scrapped almost simultaneously.

Now I understand when people get all furious at these foking changes in cards after they got tickets.

I hope they generate 2 good fights to replace the ones that got scrapped because if Ray Borg is what we get instead im trying to return my foking ticket and get a refund.

Uff I needed to get that off my chest...

<Dana05> UFC Chili ?? Did they start showing UFC at Chili's ?? Did not know you could buy ticket's to Chili's.

venues58e1bb7ed479b.png

The thing is, you should go because they're coming to you, hence saving you a lot of time and money on travel costs. Now imagine paying a crazy amount of money to see Conor vs Khabib in Russia and Khabib pulls out a week before? Or even a day Before? You're already on the plane headed to Russia and the hotel is booked. That happens all the time and I feel for those people. But at least you can try to enjoy the city you're in. But if you put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to ufc cards....you will be disappointed. Sadly. If you go, you will meet other fighters not on the card stuff like that which can be cool. So I say go. Like someone said. Who knows when they're going to go to Chile again. Your next best bet is going to Brazil when they do a card over there. I know brazil is a lot more dangerous than Chile. No risk no reward.

Is shogun still going to be on the card? Can't see why they couldnt get him an opponent. I heard Gus is looking for a fight.

Just saves his opponent from getting blinded by several eye pokes.

Ever been to santiago chile OP?

I designed a building there.

I feel you.. but Shogun never fights. Either he injuries himself or his opponent pulls out and Shogun ducks whoever they offer him.

As someone that's been to a few MMA fights, its one of the worst live experiences of any sport.

The cage is an abstruction.
Since you're stationary, you never see the absolute best angle of the action for longer than a glympse every so often.
The best angle to view the action is at a 15% angle from above the cage, but from whatever distance you'd see it, it'd be too far to actually SEE it.

What the best kept-secret is, home viewers always get the best view of the action, from 15 different cameras.
I agree....The cage blocks too much of the action, and I also feel weird watching it without commentary but maybe thats just me.

I always wondered if Ring MMA would be way better for a live experience...I never been to a boxing event so idk.

Sherbros who have gone to MMA/Boxing events......Is the Ring better than the cage for live experience?

Back