I am from Chile. Ive been a fan for 17 years. IM DEVASTATED.

Seeing UFC/MMA live is over rated. Much better on TV.

Couldn't disagree more. I watch every second of every fight live. Not the case when I'm watching on TV. The bullshit fights do not get watched.

It's the reason why I have never, and will never, buy tickets to a Live UFC event.

For the same amount of money, I could fly overseas and have a long weekend somewhere partying. And that country isn't going anywhere, if I buy tickets to go abroad, I'm going abroad. No disappointments. Fuck spending £250 for top tickets to an event that is 60/40 likely to fall to pieces.

Sorry to tell you this TS, but you're goijng to be watching a main event involving Tatiana Suarez or Veronica Macedo.

Jesus christ how much are you paying for tickets????

Chile out dude. But really waiting that long for an event that ends up being shit has to suck.

As someone that's been to a few MMA fights, its one of the worst live experiences of any sport.

The cage is an abstruction.
Since you're stationary, you never see the absolute best angle of the action for longer than a glympse every so often.
The best angle to view the action is at a 15% angle from above the cage, but from whatever distance you'd see it, it'd be too far to actually SEE it.

What the best kept-secret is, home viewers always get the best view of the action, from 15 different cameras.

Come on, bro, that is obviously not a secret, let alone a ‘best kept secret’ haha.

People know that they’re not going to get the best view from being live at any sporting event when compared to watching at home on the tv.

Just like at a gig you’re not going to get the best sound quality, when compared to studio recordings.

It’s almost as if people enjoy being part an experience.

You should give Dana White a Chile reception when he arrives.

But seriously, Chile and Brazil are somewhat close.

They're like 2000 miles apart. The travel could be a lot more or a little less than that depending on where OP lives and where in Brazil the event is held. Brazil alone is almost as big as the US in terms of landmass.

I felt the same when the UFC went to Macau for the first time. Signed up for the membership to get better seats and there wasn't any point because it didn't help. There were no changes but i thought the card sucked at the time. lol

Yeah, it sucks and all, and I feel for you, but count your blessings.

You waited 17 years, go to the damn show. You don't know for sure that they'll ever be back.

Come on, bro, that is obviously not a secret, let alone a ‘best kept secret’ haha.

People know that they’re not going to get the best view from being live at any sporting event when compared to watching at home on the tv.

Just like at a gig you’re not going to get the best sound quality, when compared to studio recordings.

It’s almost as if people enjoy being part an experience.

Its a well kept secret because why would anyone pay hundreds, thousands, or ten thousands to an far inferior viewing experience compared to $65 to watch it on a huge HDTV?

And with most professional sports like baseball, football and soccer, everybody gets a decent view of the action for MOST of the game.

The only professional sport that's worse to attend live than MMA, is NASCAR or Indy racing.

I remember when the Internet and sherdog were the only way to know mma. Remember waiting days to be able to read about who won in Pride and waiting weeks for pics. Sherdog highlights were the yhing back then.

When I bought my ticket for UFC Chile I was so happy because that was a dream of mine for almost 2 decades.
Seeing a legend like Shogun live was the main reason.

Dont recall any other event where the main and co main events get scrapped almost simultaneously.

Now I understand when people get all furious at these foking changes in cards after they got tickets.

I hope they generate 2 good fights to replace the ones that got scrapped because if Ray Borg is what we get instead im trying to return my foking ticket and get a refund.

Uff I needed to get that off my chest...
just be grateful they are coming and you get the chance to see a live show, what do you expect? a card full of top contenders?

there were reports by globo over a week ago that volkan would be unable to leave the country because of his felony charge so not so quite simultaneous.

hopefully they find a main event quality opponent for kamaru though. Usman/Demian Maia would be extremely intriguing but not sure what demian is up to. Other than that there are really barely any other matchups considering kamaru only wants a ranked opponent.

otherwise you might have ray borg/brandon moreno as your main event which would be pretty depressing.....sorry bro

As someone that's been to a few MMA fights, its one of the worst live experiences of any sport.

The cage is an abstruction.
Since you're stationary, you never see the absolute best angle of the action for longer than a glympse every so often.
The best angle to view the action is at a 15% angle from above the cage, but from whatever distance you'd see it, it'd be too far to actually SEE it.

What the best kept-secret is, home viewers always get the best view of the action, from 15 different cameras.
I disagree dude, both times Ive been have been awesome. My girl who doesnt even watch MMA much also had a great time at both events

Why don't you jump on over to that dump next door? They have events there all the time.
nog_bus.jpg

They're like 2000 miles apart. The travel could be a lot more or a little less than that depending on where OP lives and where in Brazil the event is held. Brazil alone is almost as big as the US in terms of landmass.

Brazil- 3,287,597 square miles

United States- 3,794,101 square miles

Take away the 592,000 square miles that are outside the continental US (Hawaii, Alaska etc) and Brazil is actually larger.

Most people have no clue just how big Brazil really is.

Its a well kept secret because why would anyone pay hundreds, thousands, or ten thousands to an far inferior viewing experience compared to $65 to watch it on a huge HDTV?
Well, if you actually read my post that is the exact question that I answered. The experience. Having a good time in a social environment with likeminded people. It’s really not too hard to comprehend haha.

And with most professional sports like baseball, football and soccer, everybody gets a decent view of the action for MOST of the game.

The only professional sport that's worse to attend live than MMA, is NASCAR or Indy racing.
You’re answering a question that wasn’t asked. Fact is you’re going to get a better view of football, baseball and American football watching it on tv, with the replays, camera angles etc etc.
Not to mention at those sport events you’re quite a way from the action and will be sitting behind a goal or at the side, meaning your view will be impaired throughout the game.

People go to events to support their team, enjoy the atmosphere and have a good time, not to get the best view, it’s the same with mma.

Imagine being from Germany and having to watch Peter Sobotta or Dennis Dover headline over and over with a bunch of sub standard European fighters on the undercarriage.

Back