HW Division: Scott Coker 2, Dana White 0

60837_134678886580000_100001136688733_170392_2877135_n.jpg

Strikeforce had the best HW division back in 2009-2011 : Fedor, Cormier, Werdum, Reem, Bigfoot, Kharitonov, Barnett, Arlovski, Rogers, Monson.

Bellator's HW division is good but clearly not as good as the UFC's.

Scott Coker has one up'd Dana White in the Heavyweight division, again.

That's twice now.

First time he did it with the Strikeforce HW Grandprix.

Now he is doing it once again with the Bellator HW Tournament.

Once again, the UFC's HW division is dead. Yes, Stipe is the best fighter on the planet, but at 3 title defenses he's already out of opponents. He's got to instead, fight DC- ironically, a guy who Scott Coker took a chance with and put into the spotlight.

PS: Scott Coker also took a chance on WMMA when Dana White laughed at the idea openly.

At this point, is Scott Coker better for the sport than Dana White?
My vote is yes, he is.

He's putting together a heavy weight Grand Prix with a bunch of UFC heavyweight rejects and some UFC lhw rejects..
yea.. great man.

with how slow this "grand prix" is progressing id say no one will care anymore by the time mitrione is crowned the winner next Feb. or march

That's twice now.

Once again, the UFC's HW division is dead. Yes, Stipe is the best fighter on the planet, but at 3 title defenses he's already out of opponents. He's got to instead, fight DC- ironically, a guy who Scott Coker took a chance with and put into the spotlight.

PS: Scott Coker also took a chance on WMMA when Dana White laughed at the idea openly.

My vote is yes, he is.
The Bellator tournament doesn't even come close to the Strikeforce tournament back in 2011:

#3 Fabricio Werdum
#5 Fedor Emelianenko
#9 Alistair Overeem
#10 Josh Barnett
#11 Antonio Silva
#12 Brett Rogers
#17 Andrei Arlovski
#26 Sergei Kharitonov

#3-LHW Ryan Bader
#9 King Mo
#10 Frank Mir (in 2016)
#14 Roy Nelson
#16 Matt Mitrione
#22 Rampage Jackson
#23-LHW Chael Sonnen
#51 Fedor Emelianenko

The Strikeforce tournament had four of the top ten heavyweights participating. The Bellator tournament has one of the top ten heavyweights participating because Frank Mir hasn't been ranked (or fought) since 2016; and to consider King Mo a heavyweight speaks more to the state of the division.

However, in a lot of other ways Coker had better foresight than Dana, so I wouldn't take that away from him.

A LHW who started out as HW what 8-0 is fighting for the HW belt.....big deal. You are reaching.
He is a LHW fighter. The LHW champion. Yes he was out of shape before he got to the UFC.

Please go look up his wrestling weight and shape. He's not a hw.

You mean the Bellator GP that is tanking at the ratings thus far? Or the UFC heavyweight division that is grooming young homegrown talent while having a dominant champion?

Who are these homegrown HW talent? Ngannou? A guy with rae size and power but no actual accolades in his mini 5 years in martial arts?

Anyone else?

He is a LHW fighter. The LHW champion. Yes he was out of shape before he got to the UFC.

Please go look up his wrestling weight and shape. He's not a hw.

Who won the Strikeforce HW tourny again?

He's putting together a heavy weight Grand Prix with a bunch of UFC heavyweight rejects and some UFC lhw rejects..
yea.. great man.
That's the same thing people said about the SF grandprix when it was going down

People were laughing at how some no name Daniel Cormier won it.

Hindsight is powerful, isn't it

Who won the Strikeforce HW tourny again?
So you're suggesting that participating in a hw grandprix makes u a legit hw, irrelevant of weight and size.

That's my point too. Cheers

So you're suggesting that participating in a hw grandprix makes u a legit hw, irrelevant of weight and size.

That's my point too. Cheers

You have a point? Proof?

The OP really makes no sense TBH

Is Bellator making big time money or gathering main stream media exposure? I don't think so.

Is Bellator making big time money or gathering main stream media exposure? I don't think so.
If pleasing casual fans is your measure for mma, then well, sucks to be you.

I miss the days when mma was fun for martial artists, for people who appreciate combat sports... hell even the just bleed fans are better than these pussies that Ronda and Conor bought in- the ones who cheer for trash talk and get excited over taunts.
Kids...

But hey. Ur right. Ufc is far more successful. Still, not my point.

If u have more fun watching the current ufc HW division, then good for u. Must have loved Miocic VS Ngannou

Name 10 active UFC HWs off the top of your head.

Dana White has zero interest in doing a tournament, heavyweight or otherwise. I wouldn't consider that a win. Especially when the last tournament caused the collapse of Strikeforce.

That's twice now.

My vote is yes, he is.
Didn't the Strikeforce HW Gran Prix fall apart and leave Strikeforce overstretched financially? Or was that Affliction?

Strikeforce > Bellator
Give Coker a chance, he is new but I think he is going to turn Bellator into Strikeforce and them the UFC is going to try to buy it. Coker is a hell of a promoter, since he is in charge he has Rory, Fedor and other big names.

Its true that Bellator HW GP is like a freak show but its still interesting, Scott is very smart and the fighters trust him, which will never happen with Dana white.

Back