HW Division: Scott Coker 2, Dana White 0

Tbh i can't blame the Chef for the ingredients

On other hand dana is a mediocre Chef that work in the best restaurant with monopoly, as long he manage to barely keep the standard, things will go fine

To be real dana's best quality career wise has been be childhood friend of Lorenzo Fertitta, who bought the ufc and gave it to him
Yes sometimes it can be that easy....being somebody's friend.

wouldnt say better but scott is just as good as dana
Dana White sucks as a promoter, but Scott Coker is even worse. LOL

These guys are more like commissioners than promoters. The Betator numbers, for this passed weekend, were abysmal. Very few people knew Betator was producing an event. LOL

I'm just glad the UFC still has a competitor. I mean, it's still getting wacky but at least fighters have a legitimate option.

One FC puts on the best shows and uses the best referees, but just doesn't have the big draw names, especially with Askren retired.

heavyweight tourney is cool and all but it's barely even a heavyweight tournament when chael, king mo and bader are involved. bellator has maybe one fringe top ten heavyweight in mitrione (who I even think might lose to bader in the next round). gotta give coker some credit for making something interesting out of a bunch of B-level HW's & LHW's

Like i said, I prefer proven guys in wheelchairs over toddlers being carried to the cage.

Whatever floats your boat, but one is not worse than the other
Yes, it actually is worse, Kimbo and Dada 5000 both died and it's not absurd to put some blame on Scott Coker for that, ignored the fact that 44 year old out of shape Kimbo was serving a ban for all sorts of steroids and just took him overseas, DaDa should never have been cleared in the first place, he's lucky to be alive right now.

The best hw in the Bellator GP (mitrione) is not even top 15 in the rankings.

One the tournament fights just got crushed by a fight night ratings wise. Not sure how a HW tourney with 4 legit hws well passed their primes is doing anything special. Ahhhh wait you must be a Fraudor fan, now I get it.

izQMHJf.png

Mitrione and Nelson were bums who couldn't put win streaks together even in the shallowest division in the UFC.

Bader, Rory, and Larkin were great signings and they have some good fighters.... but their HW division is still pretty awful. Having Chael, Mo, and Bader in the HW tournament tells you all you need to know.

Mitrione almost got slept by Carl Seumanutafa

I like tournaments, but the Bellator HWT division is terrible. It’s 10 years past its prime collectively. Makes the UFC look good by comparison. Not sure Coker has the means to outdo the Dana here.

Everyone jumping on the Bellator HW tournament for having LHWs.

Meanwhile a LHW is fighting in the next UFC HW championship fight.

Seriously, we loved Pride and they did the same thing.
Now all of a sudden anyone who walks around at HW, is no longer considered a HW fighter.

Everyone jumping on the Bellator HW tournament for having LHWs.

Meanwhile a LHW is fighting in the next UFC HW championship fight.

Seriously, we loved Pride and they did the same thing.
Now all of a sudden anyone who walks around at HW, is no longer considered a HW fighter.
A LHW who started out as HW what 8-0 is fighting for the HW belt.....big deal. You are reaching.

Mitrione and Nelson were bums who couldn't put win streaks together

Well unlike u, i dont feel the need to cheer only for the winners. That's what we have bandwaggon fans for.

So, please, no one is arguing that the Bellator fighters are better. It is stated clearly in the op that Stipe is the best fighter.

If you dont enjoy watching "losers" fight, ok... np. I'm from the Pride era, i have no issues with it.

Whatever makes you happy

Well unlike u, i dont feel the need to cheer only for the winners. That's what we have bandwaggon fans for.

So, please, no one is arguing that the Bellator fighters are better. It is stated clearly in the op that Stipe is the best fighter.

If you dont enjoy watching "losers" fight, ok... np. I'm from the Pride era, i have no issues with it.

Whatever makes you happy

I watch Bellator too. And I LOVE the idea of a tournament in theory.

But THIS tournament, the people competing and the way they are handling it so far is in no way Coker getting over over on the UFC imo. It could have been badass if they got a couple more legit HWs, and didn't spread this shit out so much.

And in the end, all it's going to do is display clearly how bad the HW division is when a bunch of LHWs beat up the HWs. I legit think Chael, an average MW, might be able to beat Mitrione.

The Strikeforce tourney was
Fedor, Werdum, Overeem, Barnett, Bigfoot, Sergei, Arlovski, Rogers, with DC as an alternate. Can't really compare it to this Bellator tourney. I will tune in to watch Bader become dual champ lol but where do you go from there?

Scott Coker has one up'd Dana White in the Heavyweight division, again.

That's twice now.

First time he did it with the Strikeforce HW Grandprix.

Now he is doing it once again with the Bellator HW Tournament.

Once again, the UFC's HW division is dead. Yes, Stipe is the best fighter on the planet, but at 3 title defenses he's already out of opponents. He's got to instead, fight DC- ironically, a guy who Scott Coker took a chance with and put into the spotlight.

PS: Scott Coker also took a chance on WMMA when Dana White laughed at the idea openly.

At this point, is Scott Coker better for the sport than Dana White?
My vote is yes, he is.

Guess u didnt hear barely anyone is tuning in to watch bellator anymore and its on its way out

Scott Coker has one up'd Dana White in the Heavyweight division, again.

That's twice now.

First time he did it with the Strikeforce HW Grandprix.

Now he is doing it once again with the Bellator HW Tournament.

Once again, the UFC's HW division is dead. Yes, Stipe is the best fighter on the planet, but at 3 title defenses he's already out of opponents. He's got to instead, fight DC- ironically, a guy who Scott Coker took a chance with and put into the spotlight.

PS: Scott Coker also took a chance on WMMA when Dana White laughed at the idea openly.

At this point, is Scott Coker better for the sport than Dana White?
My vote is yes, he is.

You mean the Bellator GP that is tanking at the ratings thus far? Or the UFC heavyweight division that is grooming young homegrown talent while having a dominant champion?

Back