HW Division: Scott Coker 2, Dana White 0

You had some good points. .. until you mentioned that Bellator tournament which is actually their 2nd HW tournament since the champion didn't care enough to stay with the organization. This GP is 6 old guys who were cut from the ufc roster on losing streaks, old King Moe and older emperor. A LHW Bader who was never good enough to be #1 contender in ufc is the heavy favourite by virtue of nother being a has been. This tournament is a huge loss and the champion wolnt be highly regarded.
NOW Stipe vs DC is pretty exciting they're both at the top of their game and dc was always a legit HW too. And there's still many more exciting fight for both of them.

It's one thing to have a HW tournament with half the guys not being HW's, but the fact that they spread the fights so far apart just kills any momentum they might have built up. Yes, SF had some decent fights, but Dana crushes Bellator. No contest.

Coker is way better than Dana. It's a sick world where a lying, cheating scum bags end up rich and famous on the top of the mountain while quality men like Coker are a distant 2nd.

This GP is nothing more than a bit of fun though.

Meh, it's a B level spectacle. Stipe mauls all of the fighters involved. I prefer watching the best fighters compete in the best organisation, not freak show matchups in a circus.
Yea Ngannou and Volkan with their limited experience, little cardio, and no ground game... just fought in championship fights in the ufc.

Overhyped lesser tested fighters are so much more appealing than experienced fighters with losses due to being in actual wars... right?

I'd typically agree with you, but this Bellator is no where near the SF tourney. That tourney had everything you could ask for: exciting fights, actual HW vets with name value and were (mostly) in their prime, the HW goat and a promising blue chip prospect. Bellator's is a collection of over-the-hill HW fighters and MW/LHW.

Scott has done better with way less. Scott did what he did practically on a shoe string budget. Dana did it with billionaires backing him and a product name (UFC) long since established. Frank and Lorenzo had buddies on the commissions who made it legal and seg was almost forced to sell to them. I'm not taking anything away from Dana. It was Dana who had to sell the idea to the billionaires.

Scott's always been at a disadvantage since while Viacom was funding SF and is funding BT now, neither of those have the fan base UFC does. They came later, while the UFC won the lottery with TUF 1.

Coker's scouted better talent, signed top fighters to a smaller promotion, made fun concepts like GP's, brought in top level women's talent, like Carano and Ronda, and had the best feeder show on his own show, SF Challengers, which produced top talent like Rockhold and DC. Isn't afraid to try new things, including co-promotion for big fights and adding in kickboxing.

While Dana plays it safe. Coker's the guy to hire if you want to grow from scratch and keep relationships intact. Dana's a good hypeman for a product that's already #1, and you get a bunch of burned bridges, too.

Coker is way better than Dana. It's a sick world where a lying, cheating scum bags end up rich and famous on the top of the mountain while quality men like Coker are a distant 2nd.

This GP is nothing more than a bit of fun though.
Yes. Keyword: Fun.

The ufc is less fun by default, since half the fighters are only there because the contract ties them up good

Scott's always been at a disadvantage since while Viacom was funding SF and is funding BT now, neither of those have the fan base UFC does. They came later, while the UFC won the lottery with TUF 1.

Coker's scouted better talent, signed top fighters to a smaller promotion, made fun concepts like GP's, brought in top level women's talent, like Carano and Ronda, and had the best feeder show on his own show, SF Challengers, which produced top talent like Rockhold and DC. Isn't afraid to try new things, including co-promotion for big fights and adding in kickboxing.

While Dana plays it safe. Coker's the guy to hire if you want to grow from scratch and keep relationships intact. Dana's a good hypeman for a product that's already #1, and you get a bunch of burned bridges, too.
10/10
Well put

Damn, aint been here for months and you dummies are still exactly the same, Bellator sucks and so does Scott Coker, people have figured him out, it's either freakshow fights or bust with him.

Damn, aint been here for months and you dummies are still exactly the same, Bellator sucks and so does Scott Coker, people have figured him out, it's either freakshow fights or bust with him.
The UFC has freakshow fights all the time now.
Most recently, Valentina nearly murdered a girl in the cage

The UFC has freakshow fights all the time now.
Most recently, Valentina nearly murdered a girl in the cage
that's not a freakshow fight, it's just a mismatch, had no impact on ratings or PPV sales whatsoever, if Coker isn't wheeling out 50 year olds for the main event he doesn't know what he's doing.

that's not a freakshow fight, it's just a mismatch, had no impact on ratings or PPV sales whatsoever, if Coker isn't wheeling out 50 year olds for the main event he doesn't know what he's doing.
Like i said, I prefer proven guys in wheelchairs over toddlers being carried to the cage.

Whatever floats your boat, but one is not worse than the other

Meh, it's a B level spectacle. Stipe mauls all of the fighters involved. I prefer watching the best fighters compete in the best organisation, not freak show matchups in a circus.

Yeah! I mean, the best organization wouldn’t have a 37 year old novice from WWE make his pro debut, right?

This bs about the Bellator HW division is ridiculous.
Bader is a LHW
Quinton Jackson, Roy Nelson, Mir, Emelianenko, Sonnen, MM will finish their careers in 2 years.
Scott Coker will have to build the division from scratch ffs
Not true!

Rampage, Fedor & Sonnen's careers are already over. They just don't seem to realize it.

As much as I dislike saying anything which appears to side with Dana, a HW tournament with only 50% of the fighters being HWs isn't much of a moral victory.

Tbh i can't blame the Chef for the ingredients

On other hand dana is a mediocre Chef that work in the best restaurant with monopoly, as long he manage to barely keep the standard, things will go fine

To be real dana's best quality career wise has been be childhood friend of Lorenzo Fertitta, who bought the ufc and gave it to him

The UFC HW division sucks right now but lol @ the Bellator HW GP being remotely legit, in 2018 that line up is bordering on freakshow.

The SF GP back in the day on the other hand - was legit as fuck. Possibly even better than the already very solid UFC HW division at the time.

Incredible grand prix with young guns Mir, Sonnen and the mystic Fedor. Dont forget the best HW ever in Mitrione!

Bellator ? You mean the place where fighters go when they can't get into the UFC ?

Back