How would you respond to this speech about Islam?

You know how to defeat the Hassans and Bukharis of the world? The fucking Quran and Hadith.

It's also instructive to watch the entire debate. Islam and religion get savaged the entire time.

He's a hateful cunt, and the poverty of his arguments is exemplified by him blaming the entirety of Europe for the Nazis.

Last edited:
The problem is that radical islam is by the surveys and by the own words of the UN spokeperson, between 20-25%, that is a major percentage.

And the others 80-75% don´t care about the radicals ones, so Islam is a very serious problem. The migration ban of islamic countries is very necessary to maintain our democracy.

Unfortunately, I'm well aware of the complexity of the issue.

As an atheist I find all religion abhorrent and hope it will be removed altogether for humans to progress. But I can't find a way to counter this speech on the defense of Islam. Easy, you think? Watch it then offer some ideas. I have to agree with everything this guy said (unfortunately).

As long as there are people are who are treated as "prophets" (dead or alive) there is lot's of problems that follow. The semantics about Islam 610 AD and Saudi Arabia 1930 isn't very strong. The lingual reference for all Arabic speaking countries is the Koran.

Islam is trash. The only thing that disgusts me more than Islam is people who convert to that shit show then preach it on everybody.

Americans do not believe in marriage to more then one women.

Any culture that does, sets it's self up for automatic failure.

Cultures that believe in marriage to more then one women have over population problems and lack of resource problem.

Islam is trash. The only thing that disgusts me more than Islam is people who convert to that shit show then preach it on everybody.

Well have you seen the majority of people who convert.
Thats the only group they can convince and it's mostly learned in jail. Lol.

Sensational video and thank you for bringing it to Sherdog.

I have strong views on Islam and have been warned before in the WR about them so for that reason, I cannot participate further.

Thanks.

It was interesting that he railed against his opposition for the cherry picking of factoids and overly broad generalisations, and then did exactly the same thing.
His renunciation of the "whose religion has spawned the most atrocities" game after playing it was a bit weak.
He is of course right though about what the majority of Muslims believe, and that's not just in regards to suicide bombing, but Mohammed being a paedophile, taqqiya and the vast number of anti-muslim tropes.
There was no discussion there of the growth of a globalised, politicised Islam though (call it "radical Islam", Islamism or whatever), nor the growth of Salafism and it's related fundamentalist trends.

To believe that it is only religion that has brought about language, science, or charity is pathetic.
I suppose that the Wright brothers are the only reason we have flight, though lol?!?!?

well during the dark ages of europe, literacy was basically entirely wiped out. guess who the only people reading were? the clergy. so thats the type of examples im speaking of. of course people didnt invent literacy or science because of religion, but we'd be a few centuries or more behind where we are now.

and religious people are BY FAR the most charitable. its ok to admit it, and be thankful for it. granted, many of them are charitable for selfish reasons, even if they wont admit it to themselves, but im still thankful that they do that. i try to as well, but just going by stats, many of my non believing brethren are not contributing to their community. though.....non believers are also notoriously bad for showing up in stats. many of us like to remain closeted non believers.

Only way to get rid of Radical Islamic Terrorism is to get rid of Islam, no?

Thank you for your ill-informed post and not watching the op video, ass-whipe.

Did you know that the bible in all is more violent than the Quran? Don't belive me?: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...han-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html

Before more comments that ignore the inquisition, crusades, slave trade, etc..watch the video in the OP then get back to me.

1.) I made it it 1:52 of your shit video before he degenerated to awful semantic arguments about Islam that are stupid and illogical.

2.) Only morons think the Bible of all things is more violent than the Quran. There are over 130 references in the Quran to times when it is acceptable to kill, rape or enslave infidels. Find some similar quotes in the Bible.

3.) As soon as I read "As an Atheist" in the OP, I knew that's what this thread would be about from your standpoint. So called "Atheists" are really just people who hate Christianity. If you really were an Atheist, you wouldn't be attempting to (which you always are, BTW) White Knight the single worst religion in Human History.

How is that ironic? The states formed as a result of colonialism are deeply dysfunctional and the colonial experience has had lasting negative influence on the Muslim world. If anything mentioning that would've only strengthened his argument that the religion is not entirely to blame.

It's not so much ironic as it is just stupid. It's like trying to dismantle an arguement about German Culture in the Middle Ages by stopping the entire conversation to arrogantly and tediously claim that that isn't possible because Germany didn't become a country until the 1870s.

Only way to get rid of Radical Islamic Terrorism is to get rid of Islam, no?
So by that logic the only way to get rid of pedophilia, Catholic acceptance and cover up of rape is to get rid of Christianity?

1.) I made it it 1:52 of your shit video before he degenerated to awful semantic arguments about Islam that are stupid and illogical.

2.) Only morons think the Bible of all things is more violent than the Quran. There are over 130 references in the Quran to times when it is acceptable to kill, rape or enslave infidels. Find some similar quotes in the Bible.

3.) As soon as I read "As an Atheist" in the OP, I knew that's what this thread would be about from your standpoint. So called "Atheists" are really just people who hate Christianity. If you really were an Atheist, you wouldn't be attempting to (which you always are, BTW) White Knight the single worst religion in Human History.
Best post in this whole thread.

Americans do not believe in marriage to more then one women.

Any culture that does, sets it's self up for automatic failure.

Cultures that believe in marriage to more then one women have over population problems and lack of resource problem.

Why are you assuming chaos and marauding bands of young men are a bad thing?

Why are you assuming chaos and marauding bands of young men are a bad thing?

In America we are the most open and generous of people. Willing to accept a lot.
But human nature and natural defense is telling them not this round of immigrants.
Something ain't right

Are they really though , do you have anything to back that assertion up with ? .
No he doesn’t because that’s bullshit,every religion who gives has the ulterior motive of promoting their religion.

Back