How would you respond to this speech about Islam?

In this thread: people who havent read the quran, any of the hadiths and who cant be bothered to watch a 13 minute clip on the topic (unless its narrated by Ben Shapiro) and yet hold strong opinions on the religion.

Right-wing retardation holds no boundaries

Found another apologitard.

They killed for ideology. It's all the same shit.

Nazism and Islam are both supremacist and totalitarian ideologies. They have that much in common. Both should be opposed for the same reason; being totalitarian and supremacist. Simple.

Last edited:
This thread and the ignorance of Christian and muslim apologists make the point that religion is deeply deadly, it is a hoax and it is pathetic!

meh

im not religious, but do you like being able to read? science? charity? well then you should thank religious belief. to be sure, the downside of religious belief is well documented, though lol.

Well, I would start off that I am appalled at how the worst human beings have all been atheists. From mass murderers like Stalin and Mao to serial killers like Ted Bundy and etc....they absolute worst fucking people on this Earth have been atheists.

#1 worst human being ever, Adolph Hitler, was a Catholic.
+
#2 worst human being ever, Mohammed goat-fucker, was a Muslim
=
Your argument destroyed.

Thx for playing!

13 minutes???

Ain't nobody got time for that...

Let me sum it up. I have no problem with Islam. I have a problem with RADICAL Islam.
The problem is that radical islam is by the surveys and by the own words of the UN spokeperson, between 20-25%, that is a major percentage.

And the others 80-75% don´t care about the radicals ones, so Islam is a very serious problem. The migration ban of islamic countries is very necessary to maintain our democracy.

Nazism and Islam are both supremacist and totalitarian ideologies. They have that much in common. Both should be opposed for the same reason; being totalitarian and supremacist. Simple.

A far cry. I don't see the correlation.

But if you want to make one you will have to include all Abrahamic Religions. For example look at what the jews are doing in Palestine.

It's a shit argument, void of logic.

Smoking (cigarettes) causes cancer. No one argues this.
Not ALL smokers get cancer. This is a fact.
But this doesn't mean that smoking cigarettes don't cause cancer; it does.
Same with Islam, Muslims, and terrorism.

That video was 13 minutes of sophistry from a known apologist.

Islam is a supremacist, bigoted, and totalitarian ideology on it's face. It's prophet is supposedly "the perfect man". Apparently the "perfect man" took a 6-yr old for a wife, committed mass-murder on several occasions, took sex slaves, and, I assume, raped them regularly.

Bit if an exaggeration, especially since you are talking about 1.8 billion people all with different skin colors, backgrounds, etc.

Well, I would start off that I am appalled at how the worst human beings have all been atheists. From mass murderers like Stalin and Mao to serial killers like Ted Bundy and etc....they absolute worst fucking people on this Earth have been atheists.

I can only get to here before I have to stop.

Stalin and Mao led awful industrialization campaigns to be able to modernize their countries, which needed to be done to protect themselves from those industrialized Christian or Shinto nations or whomever else that were busy expanding and colonizing the world to take other people's wealth and had no qualms about enslaving people or literally working people to death. You know, how the British empire expanded, the Belgians got the Congo, the Spanish went to the Americas, the Portuguese took Angola, the Japanese invaded Manchuria, the Italians did Libya and tried Ethiopia, and so forth.

To blame these campaigns and their devastating effects have nothing to do with them being atheists. That shit line of thinking is just typical simp logic and ethnocentrism from religious ignoramuses and I'm sick of that shitty religious person talking point about the big bad atheists.

What is the point in mentioning the violence in the bible? Trying to prove one poison is far worse than another poison?
Arsenic is worse than cyanide, so cyanide must be ok?

No radical islam just islam carried out correctly. It's a so-called religion that hasn't evolved over the past 13 centuries or so.

A third world faith practiced by 100%-intolerant third world primitive followers who never lived in a democracy, and who just happen to hate democracy.
Import thousands of these people into the 21st century West each and every year and see how our society benefits from them!
Recipe for success! That is probably why our politicians can't stop bringing them in, and then after a short while letting the families in too. Just like us, they see all the problems that are brought into our societies by islam, yet they can't stop it. It's almost as if our politicians are all trying to bring about the ruin of The West themselves.

As an atheist I find all religion abhorrent and hope it will be removed altogether for humans to progress. But I can't find a way to counter this speech on the defense of Islam. Easy, you think? Watch it then offer some ideas. I have to agree with everything this guy said (unfortunately).

People need a reason to live. Guidance. Purpose. Religion is that for some people. Do you just want all religious folks to die?

Even the ones that just practice their beliefs in private?

People need a reason to live. Guidance. Purpose. Religion is that for some people. Do you just want all religious folks to die?

Ofcourse not. Don't be absurd. People are free to do what they want, the problem is blind faith in ferrytales.

Anyone even thinking this is some isolated little radical prayer is out of their minds. Such a person has drunk the speaker's cool-aid from the OP.

Anti-west is disguised as "anti-colonialism" - the jihadi flavor of the last few years. Islam is what directs this, nothing else.

The speaker in the OP corrects the woman by saying that Saudi Arabia was formed in 1923 (I believe, from memory), not recognizing that colonialism awarded self-governing states throughout the ME - that part was ironic.

Any debater worth their salt would dismantle his arguments, but, depending on whether you are Muslim or have drunk the cool-aid, you might listen or you might not.
How is that ironic? The states formed as a result of colonialism are deeply dysfunctional and the colonial experience has had lasting negative influence on the Muslim world. If anything mentioning that would've only strengthened his argument that the religion is not entirely to blame.

I made it through 8 1/2 minutes. Daniel must have screwed up badly if he lost this debate - though I am not sure what the debate is about. haha

There are a lot of holes in Medhi's comments.

Not true. Muslims are 1.8 billion people. The point was made of they all were violent the world would end. But they aren't. It's a tiny minority of Muslims.

Because luckily, they are humans, they just chose to look away from what their books tells them to do. See there is a mayor difference between Christianity and Islam. Christians follow a hippy that lived over 2000 years ago, Islam follows a war general, rapist pedophile murdered, not much different from any other war lord of its time. The ot is a book full with violence, but since Christians have found the way around it, we could say that Christians.values should not at least create a death cult. On the other hand, the teachings and life of a war lord, well you will always have some nut jobs doing what terrorist are doing.

Basically the problem of Christianity, the inquisition, etc etc, (not the crusades, I believe the crusades were justified) come from Christians using religion as a mean of power, basically the problem were the Christians, not Christianity, with Islam the problem are not Muslims, but Islam it self, the problem comes from the core of the religion, the book.

What is the point in mentioning the violence in the bible? Trying to prove one poison is far worse than another poison?
Arsenic is worse than cyanide, so cyanide must be ok?

No radical islam just islam carried out correctly. It's a so-called religion that hasn't evolved over the past 13 centuries or so.

A third world faith practiced by 100%-intolerant third world primitive followers who never lived in a democracy, and who just happen to hate democracy.
Import thousands of these people into the 21st century West each and every year and see how our society benefits from them!
Recipe for success! That is probably why our politicians can't stop bringing them in, and then after a short while letting the families in too. Just like us, they see all the problems that are brought into our societies by islam, yet they can't stop it. It's almost as if our politicians are all trying to bring about the ruin of The West themselves.
This is sure what it looks like

No we just don’t want them to kill for it

meh

im not religious, but do you like being able to read? science? charity? well then you should thank religious belief. to be sure, the downside of religious belief is well documented, though lol.
To believe that it is only religion that has brought about language, science, or charity is pathetic.
I suppose that the Wright brothers are the only reason we have flight, though lol?!?!?

Back