***How to Knock Someone Out with One Punch***

Fuck yeah! Apple Martini here I come!

The question is... To Gi or not to Gi?

I've done it. In the Karate I used to do when I was a kid, we called it a ridgehand. It actually works really well is someone is coming at you. I've done it twice in a real fight. You kinda swing it like a haymaker, but it works best when you sidestep and hit you are off to their side.

OK, like this; aggro guy steps foreward to throw a right hand. i raise my left, but step out to the left and foreward, then throw the ridgehand hard to the face. It is naturally positioned to come in over his arms.

The first time it was a jock kinda guy, a little smaller than me, and it went just like that. He turned his head and it hit him right in the side of the head, and he fell down, and couldn't get up. This was in High School.

The second, was against my huge overweight brother in law. He was buffalo charging me and I threw it right on his nose, and he stumbled over backward, so I kept punching until he fell down and then tried to knee him in the head, but his brother shoved me off. He's like 340, way fat, too fat to fight.

Go look at the Keith Hackney fight against Yarborough. That wild overhand right palm strike he throws is pretty much the same movement, you are just hitting with the wrist and that hard bone at the base of the thumb.

Hook is much more powerful, provided it doesn't break your hand. But a good squared/clubbed hook probably won't.

This explains why Shamrock was KO'ed by Berry by a puch that looked to have very very little force...ha

Nah seriously good read, thanks for sharing

This guy is trying to sound scientific but clearly has no evidence. This sentence doesn't make sense.

"A very fast strike with just enough power to move the head will be more likely to knock someone out than a slower punch which has more power and weight behind it."

Power = speed + strength so that sentence is counterdictive

When a cross is thrown the speed that the fist is moving is very fast. There is also a lot of strength behind the hand speed which makes this the most powerful punch. Hooks and uppercuts come from better angles and generally land in better locations without being blocked. They still have good power (speed + strength) but not as much.

A surprise cross or strait punch to the jaw is always going to be the best way to knock someone out, especially if you are surprising them anyways. A hook or uppercut also work very often in striking sports because they are harder to defend.

TS is trying to start a Karate strike > mma/boxing punch in a street fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_sa3tP9TZw

that was too long to read, just aim for chin or temple

Might as well kick them in the balls, or eye poke if you gonna sucker punch.

step one: extend hand rapidly into opponent's chin.
step two: ummm... dance? or something...

Eh...didn't Keith Hackney use a "sword hand" on Yarborough?

Didn't knock him out, but he lost his balance.

why o why did i read this

Eh...didn't Keith Hackney use a "sword hand" on Yarborough?

Didn't knock him out, but he lost his balance.

It was like a combination of wild palm strikes and bridge hands... and Hackney broke his hand.

Yarborough kind of flopped over and flailed a lot until the judge saved him.

Clearly written by someone that has never knocked someone out.

so to sum up, the best way to punch someone out is:
1) hit him on the button (ie: the chin) hard;
2) hit him up upside the head (ie: the temple) hard; and
3) sucker punch him... hard.

and also, fast is good.

seriously, did anyone not already know this?

Back