***How to Knock Someone Out with One Punch***

Boxers get nailed in the temple all the time and no one gets attempted manslaughter.

On average, 2 to 5 boxers DIE each year from injuries sustained and no one gets "attempted manslaughter" or any charges at all for that matter.

Boxing (and MMA, K-1, etc) are legalized assault where it's possible for 1 man to beat another man to death on live tv and no charges are laid.

A fighter is risking his life every time he sets foot in the ring or the cage.

Street-fighting is way more dangerous though; could be guns and knives involved, could be anything....and the repercussions: medical, financial, legal.

ali_knockout.jpg

The ultimate knockout punch, however, uses and entirely different method. Rather than jerking the nead it uses the principles of Dim Mak pressure point fighting. The ultimate knockout punch is a strike to the temple. You have to be very accurate to get this right, but with practice you can do it every time.

SOURCE http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/581153/how_to_knock_someone_out_with_one_punch.html?page=2

Any source that mentions Dim Mak in relation to any kind of superior striking anything is pure, unadulterated, 100% grade A bullshit.

why did i read the whole post up until it said dim mak thinking it was a real read

this was taught to me by my room-mate, it's an old schoolyard knockout trick.

If somebody backs you into a corner, usually by shoving and mouthing off, and you havn't got much space. give them just a little tap on the shin, or scrape down the shin with the edge of your shoe/boot, and immediately throw an uppercut.

99% of people (anyone untrained) doesn't know to keep focus will feel you tapping their shin and look down.. right into your uppercut, and moving your head downward into an uppercut is almost certain to rattle your brain and put you to sleep.

P.S. to re-iterate the general survival rule on the street: if you can leave peacefully do so! if you can't disable them(or knock them out quickly) and then leave.

This guy is trying to sound scientific but clearly has no evidence. This sentence doesn't make sense.

"A very fast strike with just enough power to move the head will be more likely to knock someone out than a slower punch which has more power and weight behind it."

Power = speed + strength so that sentence is counterdictive

POWER = SPEED * MASS

Part of speed comes from strength, but it is not the only component. It's like comparing Power Lifting to Olympic Lifting. A bigger man with larger mass has an advantage in that he does not need as much speed to generate the same power. And if he does have speed, then he will simply generate more power.

I don't understand the point of this article. People who get hit unprepared get KTFO with relatively little power all the time. I'm sure there's spots on your head that knock you out really easily.

But, doing this to a resisting, actively moving, trained opponent who is defending himself of course is another matter.

This article makes perfect sense......what's all the hub-bub? Most of the fighting world has known for years that the two sweet spots for a k.o. were the chin and the temple. When your brain "rattles" your IDT becomes disengaged, that's when you see fighters do "the funky chicken" after getting hit.

as soon as I read Dim Mak I stopped reading.

so he describes how to knock someone out by creating head movement, then finishes up by saying the best way is to pinpoint a pressure point

seems like 2 different methods

Wouldn't punching your knuckle into someone's temple be attempted manslaughter, considering it could possibly kill?

It's ridiculously hard to kill someone, using non-weapons, by hitting them in the head in a fight . Most of the time you hear of somone getting killed is when they are knocked out and they slam the side of their heads on the concrete ground. Now, hearing of guys getting attcked in pressure points such as liver, bladder, kidneys, spleen, etc., and being in critically injured is more common. Your head can take a load of punishment... it's evolved that way.

i watched a show one time and they were trying to see what has more force a small thing moving fast or a big thing moving slow so they got like a sumo guy and rampage to hit a punching bag( because apparently rampage is small) and rampage ended up hitting the bag harder than the sumo guy so small things moving fast are spoused to have more force behind it

A sumo wrestler and Rampage is like comparing a tank and a bus instead of a tank and say motorcycle. The show should've use a sumo wrestler and Jens Pulver. Would've proven a better point.

Great post. I've heard so many people argue which one of these techniques works. I'm glad there is a source to end the arguement.

put fourfinger on your hand or put a rock in your bandage or something.

Back