How One Muslim Suicide Has Been Used to Destroy the Marine Corps

I literally hung out with a lot of them almost every day. Most of them ate like shit, never worked out or exercised, etc. Oh and 4 of them were in sped classes which should tell you right away that they weren't the brightest bunch. On my mother's grave i am not making any of this up. Sure, some of the guys i knew that joined the marines DID workout a lot and were in good shape, but quite a bit of them weren't.

You can look up pictures of plenty of out of shape marines, and that's while they are deployed. Yet somehow it's hard to believe that BEFORE they joined the marines there is no way they could of been out of shape? Pleasssse.

You sound mad. I'm guessing you were a marine?

What in my one sentence response made you think I'm mad?

Yes I was a Marine. Some of the most physically fit individuals I've ever encountered were Marines.

It's possible that your friends entered in boot camp out of shape. If they didn't meet standards, then they would ha e been sent to a physical training platoon "pork chop platoon" where all they do is workout several times a day, and their food intake is monitored until they meet standards.

They're essentially in limbo as they can't progress through boot camp until they are fit enough.

Although I appreciate your experiences, they are extremely limited and don't represent what actually occurs in the Corps.

Yes I was a Marine. Some of the most physically fit individuals I've ever encountered were Marines.

It's possible that your friends entered in boot camp out of shape. If they didn't meet standards, then they would ha e been sent to a physical training platoon "pork chop platoon" where all they do is workout several times a day, and their food intake is monitored until they meet standards.

They're essentially in limbo as they can't progress through boot camp until they are fit enough.

Although I appreciate your experiences, they are extremely limited and don't represent what actually occurs in the Corps.

I never said there aren't guys in the Marines that aren't in great shape. I also never said that all of them or like that, or even close. My point is that they WILL accept people like the idiots i described along with the good ones. Generally, they will take about anything they can get IMO which includes everything from really smart people or people who are in great shape and make great soldiers to people who are absolute morons. I mean, my dad served in Vietnam and he's one of the smartest people i know and has been the accounting director for a big company for over 35 years now so i'm not hating on people in the military. I'm just saying that i know people who got in, who never should have been let in IMO.

Oh and i said you sound mad because you just replied with "No, you didn't", accusing me of being a liar which i'm not. BTW i think you are one of the best posters in the War Room (i usually just lurk in here) and agree with almost everything you post.

lol, sure buddy. Any idiot can get into the marines and i've never seen them give a fuck about "diversity". Literally a monkey could join the marines. I'm curious to know what your excuse is about "trying to join" and them not letting you. Did you pull a Ted Nugent or something?
I tried to join & they wouldn't let me in because they said my legal shit didn't add up. I was also 26 at the time which didn't help. They said I needed too many waivers for my legal shit. My medical was flawless, I got an 87 on my asvap & I was the strongest in my PT group. Yet they still wouldn't swear me in at MEPS. They didn't disqualify me, but they told me keep training a maybe something will change. They made it out to be like joining the marines was a privilege so I said fuck that. I was literally taking a pay cut to join, which isn't saying much because they don't pay shit.

Joining the marines after 9/11 was easy. Joining in 2013 wasn't so easy. They got picky. Also I heard I could've gone to Kansas City or Texas to join & they would've taken me no problem. My MEPS building had a piece of shit in charge. The guy was all fucked up. He snapped on me for interrupting him & it took everything in me to beat the dogshit out of him.

Everybody's just waiting for America to grow soft.

Then the fun begins.
That won't happen. Urban America is soft. Rural America is tough as nails. You just don't hear much from rural America.

That won't happen. Urban America is soft. Rural America is tough as nails. You just don't hear much from rural America.

We're hard in the city too. Just a lot of us are confused - and ignorantly on the wrong side of the movement.

we hear from rural america all the fucking time. they dont shut up about it. America in general is hard as fuck. you think you can make it in NYC or any other major urban environment by being a pussy? Hell, common american tropes have always been about how tough city folk are and how friendly and down to earth country folk are.

we hear from rural america all the fucking time. they dont shut up about it. America in general is hard as fuck. you think you can make it in NYC or any other major urban environment by being a pussy? Hell, common american tropes have always been about how tough city folk are and how friendly and down to earth country folk are.
What kind of tough are we talking about? I'm this thread, I'm thinking along the lines of who I'd want by side in battle.

The liberal left appears to be complicit alongside CAIR in a assault on our national defense. This is just the latest hit piece on the marine corps due to the suicide of one Muslim Recruit. Now they along with the Muslim lobby want the whole boot camp process watered down in order for the national defesne to be weakened.
Already dozens of career Marines have lost their jobs. What is next?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/...ed-a-culture-of-brutality-in-the-marines.html
Was it or was it not wrong for them to stick the recruit in a dryer? Is that a sort of practice that should be allowed to continue?

Since Parris Island gets all the attention they should start sending all the combat arms enlistees to San Diego and everyone else there. The Army already does this.

I tried to join & they wouldn't let me in because they said my legal shit didn't add up. I was also 26 at the time which didn't help. They said I needed too many waivers for my legal shit. My medical was flawless, I got an 87 on my asvap & I was the strongest in my PT group. Yet they still wouldn't swear me in at MEPS. They didn't disqualify me, but they told me keep training a maybe something will change. They made it out to be like joining the marines was a privilege so I said fuck that. I was literally taking a pay cut to join, which isn't saying much because they don't pay shit.

Joining the marines after 9/11 was easy. Joining in 2013 wasn't so easy. They got picky. Also I heard I could've gone to Kansas City or Texas to join & they would've taken me no problem. My MEPS building had a piece of shit in charge. The guy was all fucked up. He snapped on me for interrupting him & it took everything in me to beat the dogshit out of him.

Wow, that pretty stupid if that's true. I mean like i said they will let people in who are not only dumb but people who i would absolutely never trust with a firearm or any weapon for that matter and just based on your grammar, you are much smarter than those idiots i knew who got in. And yeah, they pay absolute shit and you are right about them acting like it's a privilege. It's basically always been that way, like as if you are lucky to get to go and fight and risk getting killed and get payed shit to do it.

My shithead sister married this younger Marine Recruiter and the guy is a douchebag and tries to act hard all the time for no reason. He, along with my sister who will go along with anything he says brainwashed two of my sisters kids into joining the marines and acted like it was a privilege and that you aren't a true patriot if you don't fight for your country, etc. My dad got into an argument with him because he was bringing up his hardcore republican politics on fucking thanksgiving, but as soon as he found out my dad served in Vietnam he stopped saying shit. Which me and my dad both thought was weird.

I will never pass up the opportunity on that one.

It was a one off incident that people were punished for, there is no reason to overhaul a proven system. Plus this thread is more about a shitty biased article

I will never pass up the opportunity on that one.

It was a one off incident that people were punished for, there is no reason to overhaul a proven system. Plus this thread is more about a shitty biased article
But its actually not more about the one article since TS just mentions it as the latest hit piece, its about the general phenomenon that TS sees as destroying the Marine Corps. I'm trying to understand how its fair to blame it on what looks to me a perfectly justified instance of punishment for hazing by first establishing if TS agrees it was a justifiable case to punish hazing.

Wow, that pretty stupid if that's true. I mean like i said they will let people in who are not only dumb but people who i would absolutely never trust with a firearm or any weapon for that matter and just based on your grammar, you are much smarter than those idiots i knew who got in. And yeah, they pay absolute shit and you are right about them acting like it's a privilege. It's basically always been that way, like as if you are lucky to get to go and fight and risk getting killed and get payed shit to do it.

My shithead sister married this younger Marine Recruiter and the guy is a douchebag and tries to act hard all the time for no reason. He, along with my sister who will go along with anything he says brainwashed two of my sisters kids into joining the marines and acted like it was a privilege and that you aren't a true patriot if you don't fight for your country, etc. My dad got into an argument with him because he was bringing up his hardcore republican politics on fucking thanksgiving, but as soon as he found out my dad served in Vietnam he stopped saying shit. Which me and my dad both thought was weird.
Looking back, I'm glad they didn't let me in. Joining at 18 is one thing. I'm not trying to be at the bottom of the pecking order at 26. At the time though, I went all in & was fucking pissed when I went through all of that basically so they could just tell me to go fuck myself.

And yeah Marines are definitely unique. There are lots or really cool marines. A couple of my best friends have been marines. There's just something about the marine corps that draws in douchebags. I feel bad saying that, but it's true. I've met so many that were way too arrogant. Most though were cool & humble as can be.

The standards aren't that high to just pass the PFT though. I'd forgotten that it just takes 3 pullups to pass.

I'm not trying to knock on the Marines or anything. I was Army and was always pretty impressed with how fast Marines have to run a three-mile course to max their score. I barely managed a sub-thirteen minute two-mile time. I doubt any amount of running could have got me to the point where I could run three six-minute miles. Likewise, I did pullups on my own and never made it to the max number of reps (I did get pretty close).

The minimums are pretty easy though, I think, even for Marines. I barely exercised my last year in the Army just because there was no way I was going to get so out of shape as to actually fail. Granted, the Marine Corps might be harder on troops who are borderline on their PFT, but it doesn't take much to maintain those minimum requirements.

Rural America doesn't give a shit about interfering in world affairs.

No offense to any marines on here, but now days the marines recruit pussies & women over guys that actually want to be marines. It's all about diversity. I'm sure they still recruit plenty of good marines. But they also choose pussies & women over serious candidates.

It's all about diversity & plus they weren't doing many waivers for anyone back in 2013 when I tried to join.
Obama tried to turn the military into a social experiment. Men, women, trannies all side by side.

Back